Stained Couture’s monthly series, Emptied, features beauty products that I’ve used up over the past month. In March, I was focused on trying products I haven’t used in awhile. Also, there were a couple of products that only had a couple of uses left. Therefore, I made it a point to used those up, as […]
I was really focused on using up products that had barely any product left for the past month. Most of the products I used up were skincare products, as usual. However, there were a couple of makeup products that I emptied this month as well. by
Over the past year, I’ve bought, tried, and hoarded a lot of beauty products. Recently, I decided that I wanted to try and use up as many as possible. Therefore, I’m bringing back my monthly list of items that I’ve emptied over the month, when applicable, of course. So, keep reading to see the products […]
Recently, I’ve been on this mission to spend less on new makeup and beauty products and use up what I already have in stock. However, my stock is starting to run low and my skin is starting to break from it’s usual norm. In other words, I need to buy some new beauty products. For […]
As I’ve recently said, I’m starting to get out of my “lazy” phase and starting to doll up more. So, I’ve been using up products that have been lurking in the shadows of the cabinet in my bathroom. So, here are some of the items I recently emptied and ran out.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector – I’m a huge fan of Maybelline’s Instage Age Rewind line, especially the under eye concealer and powders. However, this one was just “alright”. This product has been discontinued, but there are still some online retailers with a few left in stock, if you are interested. It was just too creamy for my needs and the highlighter was cool.
- Lash Potion by Grow Luscious Volume + Length Mascara – I really loved this mascara. It lengthened and made my lashes a little more voluminous. I will buy this one again.
- L’Oreal Ever Sleek Humidity Defying Leave-In Creme – I can’t tell how long I’ve had this, but I was sent this a couple of years ago and it’s pretty decent. I used it while air-drying my hair before flat-ironing it and it helped combat frizz, even in the humid, southern heat of the summer. I would buy this again.
- B&BW Forever Midnight Body Cream – I found this half-full bottle in a purse I was using last winter and fell in love with this rich vanilla and floral scent. A nice scent for fall and winter.
- Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream – I’ve been wearing my hair straight for the past few months, but my hair has been a extremely dry and kind of thin after the heat from tools and the sun, not to mention the constant efforts to lighten my hair. So, I’m donning my natural curly hair and going heat-free for at least a month. I’ve been dusting off pieces from my arsenal of curly hair products and this cream was the first victim to run out. I already bought another jar, because my curls love it and the smell of coconuts is lovely in breezy fall day.