In 2016, I really fell in love with It Cosmetics under eye concealers, including the Bye Bye Under Eye concealer. Actually, the Bye Bye Under Eye concealer was one of my favorite products from 2016. Therefore, a friend decided to gift me with It! Cosmetics CC+ Eye Color Correcting Cream Concealer. I initially assumed they were the same product with one or two different uses. However, after having used both, I noticed that are some similarities and differences. Keep reading to see what I found out.
If you’re wondering “Didn’t I already see this post?”, the answer is yes. This post was originally posted last month, but some server issued caused some of my posts to get unpublished and/or deleted. Fortunately, I was able to scrap some of this post off of the server’s ceiling. So, again, I’m sharing my favorite beauty products of 2016.
You might’ve notice that this past year, I’ve bought, tried, and blogged about a lot of makeup and skincare products. I guess that’s part of the whole “beauty blogger” thing. However, I didn’t try all these products to blog about them. Actually, I fell back in love with trying new products and playing in makeup, which is what started me to blog 10 years ago. Playing in makeup has become my hobby again after many years. It’s been so much fun to spend a chill Saturday afternoon working on my blending skills. Also, strolling through Ulta to blow off some steam from a long day at the office has become a highlight to some of my weeks.
Now that I’ve found my love of makeup, I tried a lot of products this year. Like with anything, there were some that loved and some I hated. Therefore, I decided to share my favorite products of 2016, which are all products I would buy again and again.
Aside from needing extra time to warm my car up in the morning and having to up my moisturizer game, cold weather brings some other problematic things into my life. During the colder months I find myself fighting dry scalp. Yes, your girl’s scalp gets dry in the winter, too. So, I’m usually finding products to help combat the flaking and dandruff that comes along with having a dry scalp.
Recently, I started using L’Oreal EverFresh Anti Dandruff system that includes an exfoliating scrub, shampoo, and conditioner. L’Oreal’s EverFresh line was developed to help those of us who suffer from the dry, flaky scalp. I only have to deal with dry scalp in the winter, because of the harsh cold weather. However, this line might be worth trying if dry scalp is a constant problem for you.
Here’s the first Link-End Round-Up of 2017 after quick hiatus. Glad to be back! I hope your new year is starting off on a good and positive note. Although it’s been taking me a little longer than planned to get back on track after the holidays, my year has started off on a great note. I got a pretty hefty (and overdue) raise at work and an upcoming bonus once I finish the big project I’m working on. So, my work life is going rather good right about now.
To be honest, as I entered this year, I reflected on my life as a whole and realized I’m a good space right now. However, I still have room for more growth in other areas of my life and I’m working on planting seeds in those areas.
In the meantime, please enjoy some of the reads I’ve read over the past couple of weeks. See ya next week!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: January 6, 2017
I don’t know about you, but is taking me a little longer than usual to get of holiday break mode. I guess spending only a couple of days in the office each week last month didn’t help. Yesterday, I spent my first day back at work swimming through my inbox full of emails. It literally took me my entire work day to finish, but I did it. Unfortunately, that delayed me getting this month’s Lust-Have List out yesterday.
However, here it is, the January 2017 Lust-Have List; the first one of 2017. Enjoy!
LUST-HAVE LIST: January 2017
- NES Classic Wireless Controller – My sister-in-law got me the Nintendo Classic for Christmas and it’s as awesome as I knew it would be. The only drawback is the cord, which is super short. So, I need a wireless cord so that I can save a princess from the comforts of my sofa.
- Burgundy Bomber Jacket – Mother Nature has been real stingy with the cold weather. It’s January and I can count in my hands how many times I needed to wear a coat. My jacket selection, at the moment, consists of denim jackets a hoodies. So, this bomber jacket I spotted at Forever 21 Plus would make a great addition.
- Fresh Black Tea Firming Corset Cream – When it comes to selecting skincare products from here on out, if it claims to tighten the skin, I’m sold. I’ve been itching to try this cream from Fresh that helps to firm the skin in your face and neck to look and fill lifted. Uplift my skin!
- Nike Air Pegasus 89 – I’m really into sneakers, especially these Nike Air Pegasus, which is one of my favorite styles from Nike. You can never have too many everyday sneakers…can you?
- Samsung Gear IconX Earbuds – Finally, I realize I need to join the current century and get on board to the wireless earphone. I didn’t realize Samsung made a pair, but I’m glad they do since I’m a Samsung girl. The days of me getting tangled up in my earphone cords is drawing to a close. Yes!