Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Hello, Friday! I’m in such a good mood, because today is my last day in the office before I begin my staycation. Although I have a few non-work obligations, I’m not going to be doing much next week. After the week I’ve had, this break is going to be super appreciated and necessary.
On Tuesday, my sister and I took in my neighbors puppy, because they were trying to get rid of him. We took him in hoped to find a new home for him without having to take him to a shelter. I was pretty confident that his cuteness factor and happy demeanor would melt someone’s heart and adopt him. However, I didn’t want to take that chance, because Memphis doesn’t have any no-kill shelters. Thankfully, we were able to find him an amazing new home and he went there yesterday. Not only are my sister and I are thrilled, but our 2 adult, set-in-their ways dogs are, too.
Tomorrow, my dad is having me and my siblings over for a cookout and/or West African feast. We’re Liberian, FYI. I’m assuming it’s a combination celebration for Father’s Day and my nephew’s birthday, which both fall on Sunday. So, after work, I have to try and find a gift for a picky dad and an awesome 6 year-old. Wish me luck.
I will try to post next week, but I can’t make any promises. There are times when I wish I was one of those bloggers that has posts scheduled weeks in advance, but I’m not by preference. More on that on another day and when I’m in another mood. 🙂
Well, I’m off to finish this workday/workweek on a high and productive note. Have a great weekend!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: June 15, 2018
- Jobs where you’re mostly likely to be single – Thrillist
- When is it okay to cook with frozen vegetables – Taste
- The internet is changing the way dogs find homes – Buzzfeed
- How to start weight-training as a beginner – Business Insider
- Create extra counter space in a tiny kitchen – Apartment Therapy
- Secret to marketing marijuana lies with cannibus influencers – Adweek
- Best low-maintenance dog breeds for people who work full-time – Bustle