It’s been quite a while since I’ve shopped at an outlet. Although I love a good deal, I just can’t deal with the groups of people that flee to them to grab the same deals that I’m hoping to get, too.
A new outlet opened in my area and I’ve been meaning to check it out. However, when it comes to outlet shopping, there are some tips and tricks I use to make sure I do it right. Therefore, I wanted to share some tips to keep in mind the next time you go shopping at an outlet.
HOW TO SHOP AT OUTLETS….like a BOSS
- AVOID THE WEEKEND – Going to outlets at the beginning of the week is best, because you won’t have to deal with crowds of shoppers. PLUS, most retailers, including outlet stores, restock on Monday or Tuesday since it’s not so crowded. Therefore, you can get first grabs at new items without the hassle of swarms of people.
- QUALITY over QUANTITY – Don’t let the 50% off tag blind you from the quality of the garment. Check the seams, construction, and fabric for stains. If the quality of the garment is not up to par for you, feel free to put it back. It’s not worth it, especially if you would have to pay extra to get it repaired. Plus, some outlets have a no return/final sale policy.
- SIGN-UP FOR EXTRA DEALS- Most retailers offer coupons and discounts on their website and apps, including for their outlets. Can’t beat extra savings.
- IS IT REALLY A BARGAIN? – Just because an item is at an outlet doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the best price. Do a quick online search to see if you can get it for a better price elsewhere, especially for big ticket items like electronics and furniture.
Getting into a creative or productivity slump is horrible. When I feel uninspired, unproductive, or even just plain out bored there are number of things that I usually do. However, one new thing that I’ve been doing is buying and using activity workbooks.
Now, I know you might be thinking about the those activity books from your childhood that included activities such as quick mazes and color-by-number. Weren’t those awesome?! My parents would buy those for me way before a regular coloring book, because activity books seemed “smarter” than regular coloring books. I guess that’s kind of true, because they guided me to think more and look outside the box. Fortunately, I get the same inspiration from the adult version of one my childhood staples.
Keep reading to see some of my current favorite adult activity books for creatives.
When my combo/oily skin is acting up by having random breakouts or just feeling and looking “under the weather”, I push aside my strong and almost medicinal strength skincare products and reach for more gentle and natural products.
I pretty much baby my skin when it flares up. Since I’ve cut back on certain types of food such as dairy, sugar, and red meat, my skin hasn’t been very problematic. However, for the times it has, I nurture it by only using natural and chemical free products. Usually, my gentle natural skincare routine clears my skin in the matter of 1-2 days, which is great!
Here are the natural products I currently reach for when I want to calm my skin from a breakout.
Hey, Friday! Welcome to this week’s Link-End Round-Up. This week really ended on a sad and depressing note for me, because of the early passing of Prince. He was, hands down, one of my favorite artists. EVER. So, I was definitely in my feelings yesterday and probably for a while, because I didn’t see this coming. Fortunately, he left a catalog of HITS for us enjoy his spirit, which is what I plan to do all this weekend. I plan to sing and dance to Prince’s music all weekend, if not longer. Oh, and Purple Rain will be on a loop in my house, too. FYI
Luckily, Prince also had some party hits that gave you energy and happiness. Therefore, that’s what I will be playing as I drive to the local Hot Wing festival here in Memphis. Hot wings are BAE and they will be especially adored, because it will be my personal celebration to end my 21 day fast.
YES! My fast ends tomorrow and I’m so stoked. This has been a rough 21 days, but I definitely feel like it has paid off, because I’m more focused on living and healthier and stronger life more than ever. Although I will partake in tasting of somethings that I haven’t had in over 3 weeks (Yes, I’m talking to you, coffee!), I won’t go overboard with too much of the “bad” stuff, because I just don’t have a taste for certain foods anymore and don’t want restart those cravings ever again. So, that’s an extra plus!
In the meantime, I hope you all have an amazing weekend and blast some classic Prince to spread his love; MUSIC.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: April 22, 2016
- This recipe for grilled butter corn and barbecue spice rubs is one my to-make list.
- Check out how some of the most popular sites used to look in the 90s. Wow.
- How to take overhead pictures of your hands for Instagram.
- Personality traits of grammar and spelling sticklers
- Questions to ask yourself to find your purpose.
- The science behind detoxing through sweating
- Speaking of detox. Check out how to do a career detox. There’s a detox for everything.
Despite my desires, I’m not much of a spontaneous person. I love normalcy. I’m very pleased that my body, almost like clockwork, wakes me up everyday at the same time (usually 5:30ish). I also try to be in bed every night before 10pm. The way some people get annoyed when someone wakes them from their sleep is the same way I feel when someone interferes with my schedule; annoyed.
However, one spontaneous thing that I’m always down for is a quick weekend getaway that usually involves a couple of close girlfriends, a fancy hotel not too far away, and impromptu fun. So much so, over the years, I’ve been able to streamline the perfect weekend getaway bag.
Most weekend getaways happen in the spring and summer and fortunately don’t call for many things or heavy items. So, almost everything can be perfectly rolled and slipped into a large duffel bag. My personal style is very classic and muted with neutral colors and versatile pieces, but still it can very hard. I once seriously had a 5 minute internal debate on if I should pack my white v-neck tee or my white crew neck tee. Hard decisions, I tell ya!
Colors and neck fits aside, the ingredients for the perfect last minute getaway bag are simple and easy to toss in and out your bag along with the usual suspects of sunscreen, bathing suit, and tees. Keep reading to see key essential to pack into your next weekend getaway bag.