One thing that I’m focused on doing this summer is to wear cut back on the amount of make-up I wear. I don’t want to spend another hot and humid summer wearing make-up to give the illusion of flawless skin. I just want flawless skin. Thanks to successfully battling the hyperpigmentation on my cheeks, I’m ready to move on to the next battle; dark under eyes.
A simple fix for hiding dark under eyes is to throw on your favorite pair of sunglasses and keep it moving. However, we’re better than that, right? Right.
Of course, there are natural ways to reduce the appearance of dark under eyes. Some simple things you can do include getting plenty of rest, drinking enough water, and eating foods rich in vitamin K, such as broccoli and leafy green veggies. However, sometimes the natural way just isn’t enough and you decide to bring in the big guns of luxurious creams and make-up.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of products that help you tackle dark under eyes. So, if dark circles is one of your concerns, check out these products to help you treat and conceal those problematic areas.
Hey, Friday and Hey, new Link-End Round! This week went by so fast! The only thing I remember is pretty much all the lyrics to Beyonce’s new album, LEMONADE. AHH!! The album is so good and was so worth me keeping my Tidal account. I’m so obsessed with the album and I have been proudly blaring it non-stop since Saturday night. I play “Hold On” and “Don’t Play Yourself” 5x, before moving on to the rest. Like I said, the album is so good! I don’t see me not playing this album well into the summer.
Speaking of music, this weekend, I’m going to actually try to go to the Beale Street Music festival. The Beale Street Music Fest is the big annual 3-Day music festival here in Memphis. A childhood friend of mine is in town and we bought tickets to go, which I will probably do unless it rains. It’s almost a tradition for it to rain the weekend of the music festival. I can only recall one out of the last 10 years when it didn’t rain that weekend. This year is no different, because the forecast calls for rain tonight and heavy rain tomorrow. However, like I said, it’s pretty much a tradition and there are some people who hope for rain during the festival. I’m not one of those people, FYI.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend. See ya’ Monday!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: April 29, 2016
- These Watermelon Margaritas would be perfect for any upcoming Cinco de Mayo festivity.
- Simple ways to waste less food. It’s an American epidemic.
- 5 things to do for your blog maintenance.
- 1o surprising benefits from walking. Number 6 was interesting.
- Multiple uses for apple cider vinegar.
- Science-backed ways to reduce stress right now. I want to try #14, but how!
- 3 easy, simple and healthy snacks to make. Simple, healthy snacks are so helpful.
It’s been quite a while since I’ve shopped at an outlet. Although I love a good deal, I just can’t deal with the groups of people that flee to them to grab the same deals that I’m hoping to get, too.
A new outlet opened in my area and I’ve been meaning to check it out. However, when it comes to outlet shopping, there are some tips and tricks I use to make sure I do it right. Therefore, I wanted to share some tips to keep in mind the next time you go shopping at an outlet.
HOW TO SHOP AT OUTLETS….like a BOSS
- AVOID THE WEEKEND – Going to outlets at the beginning of the week is best, because you won’t have to deal with crowds of shoppers. PLUS, most retailers, including outlet stores, restock on Monday or Tuesday since it’s not so crowded. Therefore, you can get first grabs at new items without the hassle of swarms of people.
- QUALITY over QUANTITY – Don’t let the 50% off tag blind you from the quality of the garment. Check the seams, construction, and fabric for stains. If the quality of the garment is not up to par for you, feel free to put it back. It’s not worth it, especially if you would have to pay extra to get it repaired. Plus, some outlets have a no return/final sale policy.
- SIGN-UP FOR EXTRA DEALS- Most retailers offer coupons and discounts on their website and apps, including for their outlets. Can’t beat extra savings.
- IS IT REALLY A BARGAIN? – Just because an item is at an outlet doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the best price. Do a quick online search to see if you can get it for a better price elsewhere, especially for big ticket items like electronics and furniture.
Getting into a creative or productivity slump is horrible. When I feel uninspired, unproductive, or even just plain out bored there are number of things that I usually do. However, one new thing that I’ve been doing is buying and using activity workbooks.
Now, I know you might be thinking about the those activity books from your childhood that included activities such as quick mazes and color-by-number. Weren’t those awesome?! My parents would buy those for me way before a regular coloring book, because activity books seemed “smarter” than regular coloring books. I guess that’s kind of true, because they guided me to think more and look outside the box. Fortunately, I get the same inspiration from the adult version of one my childhood staples.
Keep reading to see some of my current favorite adult activity books for creatives.
When my combo/oily skin is acting up by having random breakouts or just feeling and looking “under the weather”, I push aside my strong and almost medicinal strength skincare products and reach for more gentle and natural products.
I pretty much baby my skin when it flares up. Since I’ve cut back on certain types of food such as dairy, sugar, and red meat, my skin hasn’t been very problematic. However, for the times it has, I nurture it by only using natural and chemical free products. Usually, my gentle natural skincare routine clears my skin in the matter of 1-2 days, which is great!
Here are the natural products I currently reach for when I want to calm my skin from a breakout.