Every so often, I get the urge to indulge and play guinea pig to some new beauty products. As you might remember, a few months ago, I was all about buying and trying different foundations. Before that, I was obsessed with finding the mythical “perfect primer”. Now, ladies (and some gents), I’ve become fixated on skincare products.
This latest fixation may or may not be in part to me wanting to obtain perfect skin for those lazy days when I just can’t get the energy to slap on a few layers of makeup and seize the day. Still, I’m itching to try some new skincare for those self-imposed, but completely deserved lazy days.
So, here are some beauty/skincare products that I’m yearning to try…NOW!
- Stila One Step Correct – A 3-in-1 serum with that moisturizes, tones, and primes to achieve to look of perfect skin…with or without makeup.
- Bliss Triple Oxygen Facial In A Box – Facials are everything and my current bi-weekly luxury. However, they can get a little pricey. So, giving my self a bliss facial…for only $12 a pop is more than reasonable.
- Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask – Pumpkin Enzymes are great for exfoliating and treating dull and aging skin.
- Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge – The change in weather is causing my combo skin to be more on the dry side and look dull. So, I’m very intrigued by this brush that not only cleanses the skin, but also exfoliates and hydrates the skin.
- Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser – I love a good melting cleanser. The feel of the makeup dissolving and gently sliding off your face is one of the most amazing, self-indulgent things you can do in the bathroom.
Today is the first official day of Fall and I feel like I’ve been waiting for this day for so long. Plus, it actually feels like fall today with the cool weather and dewy grass that I was greeted with this morning while taking my dogs out.
Every season, when the weather changes, your beauty routine and products tend to change as well. Products with more coverage and heavier consistency replace the light and minimal summer hot products.
Here are few items that I’m itching to try this season that includes serums, concealers, and curl controller.
- bareMinerals Blemish Remedy Acne-Clearing Foundation, $27 – A mineral foundation that helps treat and clear acne? Yes, please.
- Vichy Normaderm Total Matte, $25 – Matte skin is always the goal for my oily/combo skin. So matte skin making products make me happy.
- Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Smooth, $26 – I enjoy the versatility of my naturally curly hair…at times. However, in the cooler months, straight hair is fun.
- It Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Anti-Aging Collagen Veil Primer, $48 – The hunt for anti-aging products and a good primer are continuous hunts for me. Maybe, this is a “2 Birds with 1 stone” type of situation, which I’m all for that.
- Lancome Le Corrector Pro Concealer, $38 – This concealer seems like it can make your undereye circles disappear while looking natural. Magical makeup.
Three day weekends are the best! I hope you’ve had an amazing and relaxing Labor Day weekend. I’ve had a pretty chill weekend lounging on my sofa partaking in a Happy Endings (I still hate that ABC cancelled this show) marathon and grubbing on delicious and unhealthy food. However, I as still able to do a little retail beauty therapy and buy a couple longtime favs and potential new acquaintances.
My skin has been doing great as of recently; smoother skin and less breakouts thanks to my new not-new skincare regimen. However, that is for a later post. Despite the clearer skin, I have been having to deal with some blackheads. Therefore, I picked up a box Biore’ cleansing pore strips, because they have provided great results in the past. So…here’s to hoping that they still work.
First thing first, Fantasia Frizz Buster will definitely go in my time capsule…if I ever need to make one. Eh. Back to this awesome serum that not only tames my thick, curly hair’s frizz, but also acts a great heat protectant. I love this stuff!
I finally found a great daytime moisturizer a couple of weekend purchases ago, buy I’ve been needing an equally great nightime moisturizer. I saw this Night Renewal Cream by Palmer’s. Palmer’s is most notably know for their classic cocoa butter, which I’ve used as a night time moisture in the past to help with fading acne scars while moisturizing. This cream features cocoa butter, plus other awesome ingredients to help restore and rejuvenate your skin over night including retinol, vitamin E, and peptides.
Last, but not least, Labor Day is kinda the unofficial beginning of fall and I’ve been slowly collecting and dusting off things for my fall wardrobe, including makeup. For some reason, I’m really into red and deep berry lip products. I have a few, but I would like to find more, especially a velvety matte one. So, I picked up this lip crayon by NYX called South Ferry Berry. I can’t wait to break this out this week.
I’m lowkey geeked about my recent beauty buys!
Every year, Sephora collects deluxe samples of their best skin/sun care products from summer and package them in a perfect kit to help you and your skin survive the intense summer heat and this year is no exception. FYI, skin cancer is the most common type of cancer found in the United States and is also one of the most preventable.
Sephora and The Skin Cancer Foundation are proud to unveil the eighth edition of the Sun Safety Kit. One of Sephora’s most popular kits, this collection features a huge array of products for tanning, bronzing, and protection for glowing summer skin in a bright travel bag. $20 from the sale of each kit will benefit The Skin Cancer Foundation.
This Set Contains:
– 0.06 oz Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta® Daily Glow Moisture
– 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion
– 0.14 oz Too Faced® Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer
– 0.3 oz Clarins UV Plus HP Multi-Purpose Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Sunscreen
– 0.33 oz Murad® Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++
– 0.5 oz Tarte™ Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner
– 0.23 oz Stila Stay All Day® 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm Broad-Spectrum SPF 30
– Dr. Dennis Gross™ Alpha Beta® Glow Pad
– 0.15 oz bareMinerals READY Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Translucent
– 1.69 oz St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse
– 0.5 oz Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer
– 1 oz Supergoop! Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50
– 0.64 oz Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ For Face
– 0.5 oz Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20
– 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15
– 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+ Broad Spectrum UV Protection
– Travel bag
The Sephora Sun Safety Kit retails for $32 ($177 value) and will be available beginning in June 2014 while supplies last in all Sephora U.S. stores and sephora.com.
Do you have a problem with extremely dry skin? Well, you should check out Dove’s new DermaSeries which is formulated for dry/extremely dry, irritated skin and skin conditions such as excema.
The collection features a body cleanser, cleansing bar, face cleanser, repairing body cream, and repairing rough patch treatment. These products are currently available at most drug stores and retailers who carry Dove products.