Everyone has their own personal style when it comes to fashion and usually it carries on throughout their home. My personal clean style of neutral color with bright accents shows all up and down in my house. So, I’m really interested in OPI & Clark+Kensington paint collaboration.
The collab combines 18 of OPI’s most beloved shades with C+K’s premium paint to create a line of some of your favorite OPI shades in paint form. The 18 colors are separated to create 3 different, but completely stylish color palettes.
The Artist Collections features Keeping Suzi at Bay, Miami Beet, Don’t Touch My Tutu!, Gargantuan Green Grape, Samoan Sand and I Eat Mainely Lobster and has charming a colorful scheme and perfect for the person that love color, but in chic and soft touches.
The Wild Heart Collection includes Can’t Find My Czechbook, Black Onyx, My Pointe Exactly, Do You Lilac It?, Suzi Says Feng Shui, and Vant to Bite My Neck? and is for the person who is into drama and cool, chic colors.
The Romantic Collection contains OPI Red, Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, My Very First Knockwurst, Chick Flick Cherry, My Vampire is Buff and Over the Taupe and is all about glam and sophistication.
I love all the color sets and have a room in mind for each set. The paints are exclusively available at Ace Hardware and I think I’ve found my Saturday plans.
When it comes to home decor, I’m a sucker for conversation pieces, details, and functional vases and these Convert vases contains all of those characteristics.
The Convert Vase, which was inspired London’s diverse architecture, are a trio of architecturally inspired geometric vessels, each vase is constructed from a single sheet of stainless steel.
The sheet is folded and shaped by hand to create the cylindrical structure. The steel has a semi-matte finish with patterns embossed into the surface to create a soft tactile aesthetic from an otherwise hard industrial material. Clever locking and folding techniques are to form each sheet of steel into shape without using adhesives or soldering. This carefully engineered process creates a hand crafted design that is lightweight yet robust in structure.
The vases comes in small, medium and large and each vase comes with a waterproof container inside and packed in a sturdy presentation box, which would make it a great gift!
I would love all three and I already have the perfect place for them in my house! These are just SO COOL! To order your own, visit www.another-studio.com.
Give me any time or occasion to buy flowers for my home, I will do it! Actually, I’m one of those people that will buy flowers just because I’m having a bad day and/or Kroger has a very beautiful and affordable bouquet of bright flowers. I’m supposed to buy them…right? Well, I usually do and I’m totally fine with that. However, keeping “fresh” flowers can become a little to tedious and pricey.
Well, I have some quick tips (some you might already know or don’t) that will help you preserve the your flowers a little longer and stretch your floral budget. I can’t wait until I get to the financial point in my life where I have a “floral budget”! Is that even real? I don’t know, but I can’t wait to find out. Tip time!
- Aspirin – This is an old tried and true tip. It is known and practiced of dropping one aspirin in your flower water to help expand the life span of your flowers by even up to 3-5 extra days, because they help kill the bacteria.
- Prune the leaves – Before you place the stem in the water, remove the leaves. The leaves makes the water dirty and at times, can carry bacteria into the water that cuts the life span of your flowers dramatically.
- Change The Water – This is kind of carrying on from the previous tip. Just like most living things, flowers need water, to flourish and sustain, and preferably clean water. So every other day or when you notice the water is getting dirty, empty the dirty water, rinse the vase, and add some fresh water (don’t forget the first tip above.)
- Warm Water – Water is very important and not only does the water need to be clean, but also warm as the room temperature.
- Trim – Every time you change your water, trim the stem a bit to help the flower to get more water.
- Chill – Keep your flowers fresh by keep them out of heat and direct sunlight. Also, place them in the fridge overnight to keep them nice and cool.
These were just a few tips that I’ve heard about, tried, and found to be true. So, reference this list next time you have some fresh flowers to spruce up your home.
My taste in home accessories and fashion accessories seem be similar; classic style, but with an unexpected and/or quirky twist. A classic and clean line clutch, but in a neon color or bold abstract print.
So, when I saw this unique footed bowl and footed vase by Dylan Kendall on Shopbop.com, I knew that I wanted them. I thought they would be great conversation pieces to have have in my living room and dining room. However, my sister/roomie said that they looked “too freaky”.
Now, these lovely pieces are now residing my bedroom. I haven’t found a place for the vase, yet. However, the rather large bowl has made a perfect catchall for my daily jewelry.
Here in Memphis, we are scheduled to have great fall weather this weekend. So, I might actually start doing some Christmas window shopping. You know, just trying to decide to get what for who. I already have some thing in mind for some, though.
I have a couple of friends and family who have recently either moved to a new spot and/or bought a new house and this Birchbox Home: Snow Day box would make a great gift for them. This is the third box limited edition box from Birchbox and its filled with some pretty fabulous items for home and personal use.
- Birchbox Limited Edition Travel Scrabble Game | Birchbox
- Fireplace Matches | Jonathan Adler
- Votive Candle | (Malin+Goetz)
- Flower Infused Cleansing Milk | Chantecaille
- Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask | Chantecaille
- Shea Butter Hand Cream | L’OCCITANE
- Matcha & Clementine Body Soak Bath Salts | Mox Botanicals
- Organic Lip Balm | S.W. Basics
- Combed Cotton Socks | Happy Socks
- Single Origin Cocoa Powder – Davao, Philippines | Askinosie
- Gourmet Marshmallows in Cinnamon | Three Tarts
The Birchbox Home: Snow Day retails for $39. I think I want one for myself.