Here in Memphis, we are scheduled to have great fall weather this weekend. So, I might actually start doing some Christmas window shopping. You know, just trying to decide to get what for who. I already have some thing in mind for some, though.
I have a couple of friends and family who have recently either moved to a new spot and/or bought a new house and this Birchbox Home: Snow Day box would make a great gift for them. This is the third box limited edition box from Birchbox and its filled with some pretty fabulous items for home and personal use.
- Birchbox Limited Edition Travel Scrabble Game | Birchbox
- Fireplace Matches | Jonathan Adler
- Votive Candle | (Malin+Goetz)
- Flower Infused Cleansing Milk | Chantecaille
- Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask | Chantecaille
- Shea Butter Hand Cream | L’OCCITANE
- Matcha & Clementine Body Soak Bath Salts | Mox Botanicals
- Organic Lip Balm | S.W. Basics
- Combed Cotton Socks | Happy Socks
- Single Origin Cocoa Powder – Davao, Philippines | Askinosie
- Gourmet Marshmallows in Cinnamon | Three Tarts
The Birchbox Home: Snow Day retails for $39. I think I want one for myself.
I’ve been MIA, because I moved a couple of weekends ago and as you can tell by my Instagram photo above, I’m still not completely unpacked. One of the double edge swords about moving is that you find stuff you forgot you had (Yay!), but then you realize that more stuff that you didn’t calculate in your moving estimate (Boo!)
The deets. One of my sisters and I found this cute little 3 bedroom house to rent that we instantly fell in love with thanks to the character of an older home, hardwood floors, great natural light, big back yard for our dogs, and front deck that we can’t wait to enjoy when it warms up. This past weekend, we finally got the cable and internet hooked up, but a virus decided to move, too, right into my computer. So, yeah, its currently getting fixed and I’m hoping I should get it back any day now.
Although we are pretty much settled in, we still have to shop for a few things here and there, the main one being me a new bed, because I gave my other one to her (long story) and now I need to go buy a new bed. Shopping for essentials is hard to do when you have a full-time job along with unpacking, However, this weekend, we plan to tackle all of these issues and my computer will hopefully be back and all will be good in my little Stained world once again. *Fingers crossed*
I had a pretty decent week. I worked everyday this week and everything went pretty smooth there, even though I was doing my job and covering for someone who was on vacation all week. So, combine long work days with hot weather, I spent my evenings at home sucking up A/C while going in on On Demand and enjoying being home and unwinding.
I love having an abundant amount of lemons within reach for ice water and iced tea. Plus, the $5 bouquet I grabbed from Kroger added a nice pop of freshness and color to my living area. The dry erase board I bought to write down notes has turned into a place for my roommate and I to write words of wisdom and even a guestbook at times for our guests to sign and write some very funny and/or inappropriate things….at times. I’m still tripping over the way my pillar candles have melted into bulbous wax entities that I love!
However, my favorite thing that I’ve been loving to do is participating in impromtu water ballon and water gun fights in the late night hours with friends and neighbors. So much fun for these hot and sweaty summer nights.
I’m really enjoying my life and the people and things in it! *grinning*
When it comes to car, a lot of people look at the outside, but I seem to focus more on the inside. Case in point, Chevy’s new Malibu 2013. A little sidenote, I received a 2004 Chevy Malibu for my college graduation that my little sister drives now and it’s still going strong. Anyway, the interior is sleek, clean, and sophisticated. Chic and appealing. So, I created a Pinterest board inspired by the new Chevy Malibu. Click here to view my Malibu Inspired board.
The images I pinned were images I thought reflected the interior, such as clean make-up, leather outfits, and sleek boots. Smart technology, impressive styling, a luxurious interior and confident handling all come together in the all-new 2013 @Chevrolet #Malibu to take your drive to the next level. Discover #MalibuStyle.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Chevy Malibu via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Chevy Malibu
The older I’ve gotten, the more I’ve learned about things I like, dislike, and what I can’t tolerate in any shape or form. After you learn those things, you realize when you just won’t settle for certain things.
One of the best decisions I made recently in regards to not settling is my career path.I was at my last job for over 3 years and since it was working for a small business owned by a husband and wife and I practically became their third daughter and knew everything about the business. Eventually, I became too comfortable and secure with my job, but….I got burned out and it began to show in my attitude at work.
I loved the owners too much to want to look for another job. However, I realized that I couldn’t settle for the comfort of one job, when I knew I wanted and needed to expand my experience. So, I decided to not settle and start my search for a new job and got one that not only paid ALOT better, but also taught me to do other things and expand my knowledge base on other things. Also, I still have a great relationship with my former bosses.
I can definitely say in hindsight that I was fearful of moving on and was putting off the inevitable, which is never good. One thing you don’t want to put off is your taxes. So, you should definitely take advantage of H&R Block at Home where you have the chance the win a $100,000 refund.
- When it comes to your tax return, you never have to settle for less with H&R Block. Filing your taxes with H&R Block just became an event worth sharing. Get started now for your chance at instant cash prizes and the $100,000 refund! There are winners every hour. So file your taxes then let your friends know how rewarding it can be.
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF MONEY NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. H&R Block® –100,000 Refund Giveaway starts 1/17/12 at 12:00 P.M. (midnight) ET and ends 4/17/12 at 11:59:59 PM ET. For Official Rules, to learn how to obtain a free means of entry without purchase, to learn how to play the instant win game and enter the sweepstakes, drawings, prize details, odds of winning, restrictions, etc. click here [www.hrbathomegiveaway.com]. Open to eligible legal residents of 50 US/DC, 18 years or older at time of entry. Void in P.R. and where prohibited. Sponsor: HRB Digital LLC, One H&R Block Way, Kansas City, MO 64105.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by H&R Block® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of H&R Block®