In case you can’t tell from the lack of daily posts, I’ve been having the hardest time getting back into the swing of things, online and offline, so far this year. Regular posting on the blog and social media has been hard to climb back on board and even my usually daily/weekly activities have evaporated. To give you an example of just how extreme my lack of motivation, I haven’t stepped into a Target since before Christmas. Yes, almost a month and that’s even scary to type considering I would go to Target no less than 1-2 times a week. Whoa, I just got chills after taking in this revelation.
It’s really weird, because even though I have a few legit reasons to explain this lacking moment in my life, this isn’t the first time I’ve experienced this type of “life blockage”. However, this is the first time that it has taken this long to get out of it. I’ve been a nonchalant person for as long as I can remember, which has allow me to not sweat small stuff and push ahead after a quick breather. Unfortunately, this breather has turned into a full on coma.
Well, maybe coma isn’t the right word considering that my sleep pattern is off the charts. I either go to bed early and get a nice, long 8 hour night of sleep or force myself to fall asleep around midnight after spending an hour playing around on my phone ONLY to wake up in 5-6 hours for no other reason other than my body is used to waking up early.
I like that I have an inner alarm clock (most of the time). However, I used to spend that early morning time working on blog posts, stretching, and/or relaxing in bed to get up in a peaceful and calming matter. The past few weeks? I’m either waking up late or when I do wake up early, I lay in bed…on my phone…browsing Instagram or playing my new game obsessions of Words and Trivia Crack.
I’m seriously over this, for lack of better words, lazy lifestyle that I’ve stumbled upon and there is no one to blame other than myself. I’m holding myself accountable, as usual, for this unfortunate change in my life. I’m so annoyed with myself that I would allow myself to get into this abyss, let alone at the beginning of a new year! I’ve always looked at the beginning of a new year as a breath of fresh air and blank canvas to create a new year long adventure.
Before I delve even further into the negatives, let me gas my own head for a minute with a few positives (hopefully to egg me on to achieve some of my goals)
- Relationships – Friendships and personal relationships are going great. I’ve even joined/help form a new group that geared improving our health with natural elements. So, I’m happy and excited about that!
- Car – I got a “new” car finally. Even though I was forced to do so, because I totaled my car, it’s something I’ve been wanting to do and planned to do in 2015. So, I was actually able to scratch that off my to-do list.
- Paid Off Some Debt – I’m not done, more on that to come, but even the smallest of debts removed from my credit report is encouraging.
So, now on the real. I will say that I’ve had plenty of ideas and goals pop in my mind, but never fully pulled the trigger on them. Yep, that’s about to change….NOW!
I’m a firm believer that when you write tasks and goals down, you have a better chance of actually doing them.
Don’t just think it….INK IT!
So, here are some things I’m going to work on this year and in no particular order:
- Become a teacher – This has been an aspiration of mine for the past couple of years and I was going to get on the road to becoming one last year, but my mom got sick and was in and out of the hospital and other stuff which halted my plans. However, 2015 is the year!
- Post quality content at least 3-4x a week – Although I do love reading on other blog and writing on this one those quick “look at this cute dress” and “you need this awesome moisturizer” posts, I feel most happiest and inspire when I not only come up with a great idea, but to actually write, edit, and post makes me feel accomplished and proud. Even if only 10 people read it, I feel inspired to want to do more. So, I’m cooking up some post and investing in some new tools to help me out.
- Read at least 1 book a month – I feel like I am the queen of having random tables in my house stacked with books I’ve intended to read for years or books I read whenever I feel like it. I used to be able to read a book from start to finish within 2 days while I was a full-time college student and/or employee. I miss them!
- Get my credit score well over 700 – This might be one of the easiest right now, because I’m pretty much there, but I want to get it super high by the end of the year. House hunting by 2016. Wait on it.
- Increase secondary income – Hustler ambitions. I have them. I’ve used them, but I need to bring them out again. I love and highly recommend side hustles, be it an Etsy site, tutoring, braiding hair or *clears throat* blogging. I recommend everyone adds a hustle to regimen this year….preferably legal, peeps. You know what I mean.
- Go on a legit vacay – Vacation! Ugh, just typing it out made me feel a little more relaxed. Actually, my sister/roommate and I have been talking about going on a cruise this year. We’re leaning toward Christmas time, but not sure yet. However, we are going to a travel agent this week to plan something. Yippee!
I guess I’m off to a decent start since I’ve already begun a couple of these. *pats self on the back*