May is looking to be an exciting month for me! I start a new job on the 16th that I’m both nervous and anxious to start. There are also a couple of other things that are happening, but I’ll keep that to myself…for now.
Anyway, the things that I’m lusting for this month are things that I think would be perfect in my transition from one job to another and life all together. Keep reading to see my picks!
- A. Miu Miu Canvas Platform Mules, $445, Net-A-Porter – Seriously, I’m shocked, but I’m lusting for a pair of mules. I’ve never really been a fan of mules or clogs. However, recently, that’s all I’ve been wanting for spring. Although these Miu Miu mules are waaayyy out of my price range, but I love the dark wood soles and the polka dot print.
- B. Marc by Marc Jacobs House of Marc Satchel, $498, Nordstrom – I need a new staple balck work bag and this bag by Marc Jacobs is uber perfection. It’s sophisticated, classic, and refined. Like I said, perfection.
- C. Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer, $42, Sephora – My skin is smoother than it has ever been, but just as oily. In the past, I’ve been very insecure about wearing tinted moisturizers daily. However, I’ve been embracing a few light coverage foundations in my makeup collection and I’ve been really impressed with them and myself. Now, it’s time for me to FINALLY try one of, if not the best tinted moisturizers out there. I’ve heard nothing but great reviews about LM’s tinted moisturizer. So…I need to try this.
- D. LaMer Oversize Vintage Watch, $88, ShopBop.com – It’s white watch season! Last year, I was all about white link bracelet watches, but I think I want a classic leather strap watch this year like this one by LeMer. Classic!
- E. Dior Oversize Shield Sunglasses, $295, Neiman Marcus – Mules aren’t the only thing I’m shocked I’m lusting after this month. Before now, I’ve never saw a pair of shield sunglasses that I wanted. This past week, I tried on these shades at the mall and was so surprisingly enamoured with them and how they looked pretty nice on me. Ever since that day, I’ve been thinking about these shades.
There you have it, the things I’m lusting for the month of May!
Spring has arrived and it’s looking so good…well, it does here in my neck of the woods. So, I’m in full spring mode, which means I’ve already bought a few dresses, broke 0ut some flip flops, and slathered on a couple of coats of my fav hot pink polish.
Keep reading to see!
The weather is clearing and warming up. Although I have a feeling that there is one more big snow left for us here in Memphis, spring is still right around the corner.
So, this month’s lust-have list features very springy pieces.
- A. Jersey Stripe Scarf, $8.80, Forever 21 – March is one of the weather borderline months in which when you leave in the morning, its a bit chilly, but warm and sunny when you leave work. So, having a not so light or heavy nuetral scarf that you can leave in your purse is a good idea! I love this one from Forever 21!
- B. Air Delfina Wedges, $198, Cole Haan – I’m in the mood to find and buy a pair of nude espadrilles that aren’t too high in height and price and comfortable to wear around the office and outside. I think I found a winner in these espadrilles from Cole Haan. Plus, they are par of the Air line, which means COMFORT!
- C. Cara “Critters – Hummingbird” Ring, $42, Nordstrom – Doesn’t this ring just scream “Spring”?! It’s a big pink crystal hummingbird that is so cute and a definite conversation starter. So, cute!
- D. Alice + Olivia Polka Dot Flutter Shorts, $198, Shopbop.com – I’ve mentioned it plenty of times to you in the past that I’m not a fan of showing my legs and that includes shorts. However, I’ve been lusting for a pair of flutter shorts, because the illusion of a skirt, but with comfort of shorts. Kinda of like modern and fashion acceptable skort!
- E. Anya Hindmarch Valorie glitter clutch, $395, Net-A-Porter.com – A glitzy navy clutch is all I need right now! This clutch is pretty enough to wear to any occasion, but small enough to keep in your purse as a wallet.
I’m so over this PMSing weather here in Memphis. One day it’s cold, the next day it’s freezing, and a couple of days after that, I’m wearing sandals and a cropped denim jacket to dinner. Anyway, I’m over this weather and would like spring to pack up and come back into my life.
Here are some lovely pieces that I would love to add in preparation for that good ol’ lovely spring weather.
New Year, New Month, New Lust-Have List!
I don’t know about ya’ll, but I’m glad that the holiday season is over and I made I made it happily to a new year! Here is the list of things that I’m loving and lusting for this month. Keep reading to see the list.