I’m scampering around my coat closet pulling scarves I haven’t seen in months, dusting off boots, and ordering White Chocolate Mochas with a pump of peppermint in the red holiday cups at Starbucks. So, you know what that means…the holiday season is upon us!! November marks the real beginning of the holiday season. Don’t let the sprinkling of Christmas decorations in August fool you. November is the beginning. So, here are some things I’m loving for this month as I prepare my Christmas list and decide what I’m going to help my mom cook for Thanksgiving.
- Peek-A-Boo Clutch, $79.98, ShoeMint – I’m obsessed with this clutch. It’s the ‘it’ color of the moment, oxblood, and its pretty versatile, in my opinion. It’s also available in grey and yellow, but this is perfect for fall and winter. Plus, no more emptying your purse to find that one thing you couldn’t feel around for in it.
- Paneled Faux Leather Jacket, $39.80, Forever 21 Plus – A tan leather-esque jacket. Everyone needs one.
- Pointing Finger Bookmarks, $16, Fancy.com – Freaking genius and just in time as I restart of reading books! Not only do these little guys hold your spot, but it lets you point to the last line you read instead of skimming lines or making a HUGE dog ear to point to it. I already ordered one!
- Lulule Skull + Leaf Bracelet, $24, Lulu-le.com – I love it! It was available in gold and silver, but the hematite one is fab!\
- Mona Gold Loafers, $79.98, ShoeMint – These loafers are everything to me right now. They have starred in countless and dreams and potential outfits..in my mind. Finally, a gold loafer that’s not too glitzy , dressy, or shiny. I’m loving and lusting this shoe!
- UGG Over The Knee Boots, $250, Nordstrom – UGGs have come a long way from being referred to as those ugly boots celebs wear while running errands in 90s sunny California weather. They are truly iconic in their own little frowned upon kind of way. However, once you own a pair and practically wear them to know that they are the most comfy and snugly thing that you can introduce your feet to, you won’t say many if any bad things about them. A couple of years ago, I bought my first pair in the Cardi style and I love them. However, the recently started to tear around the toe after loving them to hard. So…I need a new pair and I’m all about the over knee “Cardi 2.0” You can slouch them to the regular height of UGGs or you can pull them up and rock them over your knee. I want them. Dear Santa…
There you have it, November 2012 Lust-Have List. 2012 is almost over?! Oy Vey.
Okay. Yeah, I’m late, but I’ve had a lot going on and playing some catch-up on some “grown-up” stuff. Anyway, better late than never! Here is the list of things I’m lusting for this month. I guess you can say I’m all about accessories this month. Accentuate, ladies, accentuate.
- Carry All Tote, $51.98, ShoeMint.com – I love the color and fabric contrast of this bag. Just the splash of neon yellow is chic and can easily be a transitional piece into fall for those of us who enjoy sprinkles of neon all year and not just in the spring and summer.
- Robert Clergerie Wappy patent-leather lace-up oxfords, $472, Matches – Shiny blue patent-leather lace-up oxfords? Why I don’t mind if I do. However, that price tag is making me twitch. They are just so picture perfect, though. *le sigh*
- Queen of the Jungle necklace, $72, Melody Ehsani – Seriously, I’ve been lusting and dreaming of this necklace for a couple of months now and as soon as I get all this “grown up” stuff situated, this will be hanging around my neck everyday for probably the rest of the year…at least!
- DIY Nail Art Pens, $12.50, Fred Flare – Pure and simple genius. Less bottles and hassles when trying do some snazzy nail art in your free time. Just a grab a couple pens and get to work. Plus, you get both pens for $12.50. Deal!!
- Out For Blood bracelet, $31, Fancy – Very morgue and slightly creepy, but very creative and life-life, if that’s a good thing. I like it. I want it.
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Perro Bootie, $350, Piperlime – So…I think this might be the perfect bootie. Clean and classic style and detail. The zipper is chic and edgy at the same time, which can be hard to do. The heel is high, but the hidden platform makes it a lot easier to walk in. Yep, this is utter perfection and a need for me right now.
There you have it. Late, but pretty lovely…in my opinion.
New month. New season. New needs. New wants. Yep, that what September is all about to me, PLUS, it’s my birthday month!
I’m so happy that it’s FINALLY getting cooler outside and I can reach for cardigans, denim jackets, and layering scarves! I love Fall fashions! So, here are a list of some things that I lusting for in September and would also make great birthday gifts…hint, hint!
- Chiffon Double-Layered Skirt, $42, American Apparel – Cute skirt! Although the skirt is made of chiffon, it makes a great layering and transitional piece. Imagine pairing this skirt with some brown tights and boots, a cream top, and denim jacket? Sounds fab, right?!
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Silk Top, $175, Net-A-Porter – Such a lovely way to switch out summer tees into chic tops. A casual shape with a luxe feel and look!
- Dooney & Bourke ‘Pocket’ Shopper, $198, Nordstrom – This tote is HUGE! It has all the roominess you need in tote this fall to carry all your essentials, including books and makeup. Let us not forget about the outside. The bag is made of durable nylon and accented with Dooney & Bourke’s grained leather, which I love, and the bright red lining!
- Cecelia Wedge Booties, $130, Aldo – What is about wedges that scream “Fall” to me? I don’t know, but a pair of wedge nuetral color wedge booties are just what my shoe closet needs this season. They go with almost every casual fall look your closet can cough up and office ‘fits, too!
- Lancome Artliner in Aubergine, $29.50, Sephora – Hands down, Lancome’s Artliner is my FAVORITE liquid liner! It’s goes on smooth and stays on all day, with virtually no smudging…unless my allergies in the mood to create a tear fest. Anyway, I love my Artliner in Noir (black) and I need to go buy another one, because I just ran out. While I’m buying that one, I need to grab it’s burgundy red sister, Aubergine. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been straying away from eyeshadows and have opted to just wear mascara and occasionally a swipe of liner. This liner would be a nice in between, for the days when I want a little extra something, but not too noticeable. The deep red is fall friendly and would work with most skintones.
- Shrunken Blazer, $110, TopShop – Fall is the official kick-off of blazer season and I think it’s safe to say that shrunken blazers aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. This peach blazer from TopShop will add a touch of softness to the darker colors of fall, especially when paired with some dark wash jeans, scarf, and brown boots.
And that’s that!
I can’t wait for fall to arrive! I’m over the constant and unwanted sweating just to walk to my car. Not to mention the instant burn I feel when I touch my steering wheel or accidentally touch the metal part of the seat belt buckle (ouch!).
Although we have more than a while to wait for fall to begin, let alone the cool weather that arrive with it, I couldn’t help but lusting over some fall friendly pieces for August. So, here are some of the things I’m lusting for this hot and muggy month of August.
- French Connection Colorblock Silk Dress, $218, Nordstrom – Is colorblocking going to go out of “style” any time soon? I don’t know, but while it’s till popping, I’m all over it! This silk dress looks super chic,comfy, and down-right fabulous!
- Infinity Knot Gold Necklace, $29, Wanderlust+Co. – Ya’ll already know I’m a sucker for a dainty necklace to wear all the time. So, I’m swooning hardcore over this infinity knot necklace. It’s very sleek and elegant. It’s simple just a nice everday staple necklace….and I want it!
- Dorset Tote, $239, Eva Hanusova – I can’t tell you how I’ve been on a mission to find a clean, simple brown tote with no embellishment or even hardware, but with some ruggedness to it. Lo an behold, I think I’ve found it in this tote by Eva Hanusova. I can’t over how I’m in love with the classic simplicity of this cow-hide bag. It’s also available in tan and wine, which is a deep blood red. Lovely!
- Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Serum, $55, Macy’s – Another Origins anti-aging product? Yep. I’m all in on Origins products, especially their skincare aimed at anti-aging. I was actually going to but this last week, but digressed on some other Origins products. However, I have a feeling that I’m going to get this product soon enough!
- Leopard Print Wedge, $159, Zara – Leopard print sky high wedges from Zara? Yep, don’t mind, if I do! I mean, these are just down right closet necessities to me, right now. It’s almost embarrassing to think that I don’t have these already! I have a feeling these are going to move into my closet sometime soon.
There you have it, the list of things I’m lusting for this month. Hmm, I wonder what some of ya’ll are itching to buy this month. Can you share? I promise, I won’t bite your style, I mean unless it just sounds to amazingly fabulous to NOT get. All is fair in love…and fashion!
110 degrees. No, exclamation point needed at the end of that number. Those are the numbers we have been hiding from in the coolest rooms in our homes while in front of a fan, here in Memphis. Also, that number is not heat index people, that’s pure actual degrees. Yep, I’m hiding for a moment. Luckily for me, I’m smack dab in the middle of a mini-vacay I scheduled. I took a few days off from work to go visit my new 1 1/2 week old nephew, Ethan, and welcome the arrival of my goddaughter, Charli! So, don’t be shocked if you see some fly baby clothes post pop up here and there. Just a small warning for you gals…and gents?….oh, well.
Anyway, I’m taking the weathermen’ advice and avoiding having to go outside at all possible costs. As I pour myself another tall glass of ice water, please partake in the list of things I’m lusting for this super hot month of July.
- Neon High Heel Sandal, $89.90, Zara – I think it’s almost pretty official that you need an all neon sandal in your closet for the summer, be it a canvas sneaker or flip flops. However, I fancy this neon yellow high heel sandal from Zara. The classic and simple style is lovely and the bright color is AWESOME!
- Michael Kors ‘Bradshaw’ Watch, $250, Nordstrom – A Michael Kors watch. Yep, another one on this site, but this Bradshaw style is fabulous. Gold AND Rose Gold?! I’m sold. Let me be honest, I’m pretty much sold on all MK watches, but this one is stalker-worthy.
- Satin Ditsy Dot Joggers, $22.80, Forever21+ – Satin harem plus size pants. Sounds dangerous and it can be, IF you get the wrong size. However, these look super chic and comfy. Plus they can be dressed up with a pair of fancy heels and blazer or dressed down in flip flops and a white tank.
- Mary Katrantzou for Longchamp Handbag, $150, Nordstrom – I’ve been wanting a Longchamp bag and a nice roomy floral print bag for white tee and jeans kind of days. So, why not kill 2 birds with one stone with this Mary Katrantzou bag? Perfect and timeless, in my humble opinion.
- The Little Mermaid, $19.75, Amazon.com – Disney and their stupid vault! I’ve been wanting and waiting for The Little Mermaid to be released from that crappy vault for more than a while now. However, I see some people are selling some copies on Amazon and I might just have to take one of these vendors up on there offer. Nothing sounds better right now than plopping down on my sofa with a fan directly blowing on me and my favorite cold beverage while singing “Under The Sea” and “Kiss The Girl”, along with Sebastian (who I named my cat after, by the way)!
- Avington Buffet, $279.99, Target – There’s a bare wall in my dining room area just begging for a buffet table. However, I was thinking about making more of a mini bar for entertaining. I need something modern with dark or black wood to match the rest of my decor. This buffet from Target is pretty much just what I want and it has a wine rack on the bottom. Target always know and have what I want.