Everyone has their own personal style when it comes to fashion and usually it carries on throughout their home. My personal clean style of neutral color with bright accents shows all up and down in my house. So, I’m really interested in OPI & Clark+Kensington paint collaboration.
The collab combines 18 of OPI’s most beloved shades with C+K’s premium paint to create a line of some of your favorite OPI shades in paint form. The 18 colors are separated to create 3 different, but completely stylish color palettes.
The Artist Collections features Keeping Suzi at Bay, Miami Beet, Don’t Touch My Tutu!, Gargantuan Green Grape, Samoan Sand and I Eat Mainely Lobster and has charming a colorful scheme and perfect for the person that love color, but in chic and soft touches.
The Wild Heart Collection includes Can’t Find My Czechbook, Black Onyx, My Pointe Exactly, Do You Lilac It?, Suzi Says Feng Shui, and Vant to Bite My Neck? and is for the person who is into drama and cool, chic colors.
The Romantic Collection contains OPI Red, Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, My Very First Knockwurst, Chick Flick Cherry, My Vampire is Buff and Over the Taupe and is all about glam and sophistication.
I love all the color sets and have a room in mind for each set. The paints are exclusively available at Ace Hardware and I think I’ve found my Saturday plans.
Kate Spade New York Floral Cluster Popover Top, $498, Piperlime; Marc by Marc Jacobs Daisy Earrings, $48, ShopBop; MILLY Miley Frame Clutch, $159.99, Piperlime; Rag & Bone Mila cut-off denim shorts, $165, Net-a-Porter; Sam Edelman Almira Sandal, $120, Piperlime
I finally got around to cleaning out and organizing my nail polish and care collection. This is something I’ve been putting off for too long.
Like a lot of people, I’ve hoarded and improperly stored nail polish laying on the side in a bottom drawer of a plastic storage container. Nail polish should be stored straight up, never laying on its side, because it quickens the thickening process speeds up the drying process.
So, I recently got around to sorting and organizing out the mess that I called my nail polish collection and for only $5 thanks to the decorative glass section at The Dollar Store!
First thing I had to do was take out all the polishes and figure out the ones to keep and discard, which was harder than I thought.
I really loved this ‘Lights’ polish by essie and I’ve been to too many stores looking for this polish to replace it, but I can’t find it. So, I’m probably going to have to order it online. Sidenote: Why do I have 4 nail clippers?! Too many.
After I got the drawer emptied and decided what to save and trash, I separated the polishes into 3 categories: Neutral/Everyday, Bright/Fun Colors, and Glitter/Accent Nail Approved.
I put each category in their cylinder vase. I have so many fun/bright colors that a few trickled over into the glitter collection.
I decided to put my cuticle oils, base coats, top coats, clippers and more in this cute glass star-shaped dish. I’m glad I picked the star over the traditional heart-shaped dish. Finally, I put my foot and nail files in the small glass candle holder and voila’….a clearly organized nail care and polish collection.
I’m so glad that I could scratch that off my to-do list.
It’s so hot and I’m all about trying to be casually cute. You know, nothing too frilly and overdone. I’m into simple pieces styled with fun, yet chic accessories and minimal makeup, which is pretty much the same as last month. So…
- MCM 3 Fold Wallet, $315, ShopBop – I’ve been eyeing this wallet for a few weeks now and I think this is the month that I’m finally going to bite the bullet, because this old wallet I have is peeling and I need a new “grown up” wallet that has a fun edge and this MCM fits the bill and dollar bills. Sorry for the lame joke.
- Benefit They’re Real! Push-Up Liner, $24, Sephora – A gel liner pen?! Oh, this sounds like something I needed…say…last year! I need to try this ASAP!
- RAINBOW Gladiator Sandal, $110, TopShop – I haven’t wanted a pair of white gladiator style sandal since I was in junior high when neon floral prints and thigh highs were in and Clueless was fashion blueprint. Yet, I’ve been craving a pair like these I spotted on TopShop’s website. Simple, yet versatile.
- Alice & You Pleated Skater Skirt, $47.64, Asos.com – I feel like I need this skirt from Asos Curve line more than I want it. Plus, a navy skater skirt? Why don’t I already have one in my closet? That needs to end soon.
- Classic Chuck Taylor, $50, Converse – It’s summer time and I need a new pair. Everyone needs a new pair, every year.
Summer time is in full swing and filled with countless BBQs, impromptu gatherings, and countless other festivities that might call for you to have a stocked bar of alcohol, wine, and all the accompaniments you need to serve your drinking buds. Well, this weekend, I’m giving you a full list of things you need to keep in your bar and home to ensure that your bar is always ready for an ultimate party or gathering.
Liquor and Wine
- 4 Bottles of Beer
- 2 bottles of Red and White Wine
- 1 bottle of scotch
- 1 bottle of whiskey
- 1 bottle of champagne
- Vermouth (Dry and Sweet)
- Juices ( Lemon, Lime, Pineapple, Cranberry, and Orange)
- Marachino Cherries
- Maragarita Salt
- Margarita Glasses
- Champagne Flutes
- Tall Tumblers
- Cocktail Glasses
- Shot Glasses
- Cocktail Shaker
- Ice Bucket
- Cork Screw/ Wine Opener
- Cocktail Napkins
- Cocktail Toothpicks (for fruit)