Wow, it’s June. I’m already over graduations, weddings, and baby showers. Although my sister is due July 2nd, I have a feeling that my little booger of a new nephew, Ethan, will make his arrival before June is over and I can’t wait to greet my first nephew! *doing the cabbage patch in my computer chair*
So, although I’m a little late with the list of things I’m lusting for in June, it’s better late than never. Let’s roll that beautiful lust-list now!
- Special Edition T-Shirt, $19.90, Zara – It’s t-shirt season and the lighter the better, beit color and/or weight. I’m loving this tee from Zara. Actually, I’m loving everything about this tee, from the casual chicness, the light neon hue, and especially the high/low style that’s everywhere on dresses and skirts.
- ROSEGOLD Pana T-Strap Sandal, $158, ShopBop.com – Will there every be a season in which I don’t fawn over a cork shoe? While I wait and ponder the answer to that question, take a look at this wonderful at this cork covered sandal. The great thing about cork shoes is that they can go with so many things, because of their natural and neutral color. Possibilities are endless, my loves!
- Ojan Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy, $35, Sephora – My hair routine is 2weeks curly and then one week straight. This has been helping my hair get stronger WHILE keep getting my natural curl pattern back after some unfortunate and unwanted heat damage. However, with curls comes dryness and oils have been my best friend in this routine of mine. I would love to try out this Ojan hair oil. I’ve tried one in the past and it was amazing, because it provided moisture and lovely light scent. It would be nice to have a soft, moistured, and bouncy tresses with a hint of a tropical breeze.
- Biennial Handbag, $348, J. Crew – A classic handbag with multiple color options can be hard to come by, but leave it to J. Crew to make that search a little easier with their Biennial bag. The bag is a pebble leather bag with a simple silhouette, but has multiple sleek compartments. It’s work week and weekend friendly!
- Sunglasses Case, $75, Rebecca Minkoff – Currently, I have 3 different pair of sunglasses swimming around in my purse all wishing that their owner would buy them a new pouch to protect them from the number of things that could scratch up their shiny exterior. I’m sure they would love to sleep in this case from Rebecca Minkoff. Although Minkoff is more known for her lovely bags, see makes and offers some cute and fun small leather goods, including the this case. Although it’s only available in nude and yellow, I wish and hope she’s planning to introduce some more colors that could work with the bright colors of summer.
Sandal season! Ahh, it feels good to know that aside from my recent rebirth of being a sneaker head, I’ve manage to squeeze in a few pair of new sandals between purchases of Jordans and Air Maxes.
One shoe that I recently came across and fell for is a pair of Jean Michael Cazabat sandals called the Ashanti Platform. Although I’ve seen countless of shoes and designers with this popular style, I’ve never seen this black/blue stonewash denim with the black espadrille platform. So chic and different. I want them! Do you want them? Well, you might be able…keep reading!
GIVEAWAY! The giveaway has been closed and winner has been chosen and notified. Thanks to all that religioulsy entered and look out for more giveaways in the near future!
One (1) lucky reader has the chance to win a $100 giftcard to Shopbop.com! I’m a HUGE Shopbop fan with the invoices to prove it and I even fan Shopbop on Facebook. Have you? Anyway, if you want to win, just keep reading!
- Be fan of Stained Couture (Peep that Facebook box in the sidebar and click “Like”!)
- Leave a comment on letting me know what you would use the giftcard towards to buy.
- Leave as many comments as you like, but NO DUPES (i.e. Copy and Pasting the same comment)!!
- Contest ends Saturday, May 19th, 2012 (My sister’s baby shower- I’m going to be an aunt!)
Anyway, go check out Shopbop.com and look around and lust after some fabulous clothes and shoes like L.K. Bennett sandals and Viktor and Rolf sandals. Good luck!
I can almost feel and smell summer. One reason I can tell, other than the abundance of graduation invites and me frequently blasting my AC in the car, is the number of music festivals about to begin. I guess you can say Coachella started them off (I’m still freaking out over that Tupac halogram…eekk!) I’m going to Memphis Beale Street festival this weekend myself, to do a little people watching and music listening. Fun times. Either way…Hey, May!!!
Here are some of the things that I’m lusting for this month.
- Dooney & Bourke Florentine Crossbody, $158, Nordstrom – This weekend and most weekends to be honest, the last thing I’ve been wanting to grab is my big bag du jour, because it tends to leave me with just one free hand to hold a drink, phone, money, and other stuff as I try to enjoy the life. So, a crossbody will be my best friend this weekend and probably a plethora of other carefree days this summer and I’m really loving the sleek, colorful, and utilitarian style of this one from Dooney & Bourke thanks to the zippered pockets, yes, POCKETS! Sometimes you need more than one compartment on a small purse. So, kudos, Dooney & Bourke!
- Stud Shoulder Sweat, $68, TopShop – I’ve been obsessed with crop tops and thin sweat shirts. So, this is pretty much an ultimate piece to find and the studs are cherries on top. The blushy rose color is lovely and not too dark for spring and summer.
- Jordan Retro 10 Stealth, $149.99, Finish Line – Yep, I’m still in sneaker mode and my fondness for Jordans is back as if I was still in junior high begging my dad to get me all the Concord colorways, especially the white and Carolina blue pair, which I hear will be re-released this winter. YAY!! Anyway, I want these and plus I do need a pair of black high tops and why not get the best?!
- Charles Albert Solid Hammered Bangles, $135, Shopbop.com – Hammered gold bangles for the summer? YES!! I’m loving these from Charles Albert and so did Keri Hilson who was recently spotted wearing them. They will go with practically any and every thing. Love.
- Passion Fruit Crush Lip & Cheek Stain, $24, Stila – When it comes to make up in the hotter the months; the less the better! Also, I’m REALLY into peach anything right now, including make-up. From Essie’s Tart Deco on my nails to random peach hued lippies cluttering up my makeup bag, I’m loving peach and would love to include this lip/cheek stain from Stila in the peachy keen fun.
- Mossimo Pocket V-Neck Tees, $8, Target – I want this shirt in every shade they make! I already have it in white, grey, and peach, of course(read above.) However, I have a feeling that I’m going to need them all, because they are comfy, chic, and perfection. This pastel purple one? I needed it..like….YESTERDAY!
There you have it, some things I’m lusting for this wonderful month of May. What about you? What do you need/lust for this month? Share…PLEASE?!?!?!
I’ve been feeling so lazy and sluggish as of recently. Maybe it’s because I’m in need of a vacay, maybe it’s the increase in the heat, or maybe it’s just because I haven’t been to the gym in ages, which will end tomorrow morning as I have decided to rekindle the early morning burn sessions with my former trainer. Anyway, I’m tired and I’m a little glad the season of less and being laid back has returned. So, here are some things that I’m lusting for this month.
- MOTO Vintage Denim Jacket, $80, TopShop – Seriously, you should already have a simple and vintage looking denim jacket in your possession or at least know you need one and are currently looking for one. Well, look no further that this one by MOTO from TopShop. It’s has that fitted shape and lovingly well-worn vintage-y look that you should hope to find in a denim jacket this season. Plus, because it’s so classic, you can wear it for years and years and it will never look outdated.
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters, $8, Local Drugstores – I’m addicted to Revlon Lip Butters. Not only do that help hydrate your lips, but they are also pigmented with enough color to let you build up to the shade you want. Currently, I only them in Tutti Fruti, Sweet Tart, and Creamsicle, but I plan on getting them all. However, I don’t know if I’ll love any of the colors as much as I love Sweet Tart. It’s such a pretty “Barbie” pink. Love it.
- Le Messager, $425, Yiliy – My obsession with tote bags has been put off to the side thanks to my new found love of shoulder bags, which has led me to love the “swing action” on my shoulder. However, I’ve been on the hunt for a clean and chic tan messenger style shoulder bag for warm spring days when my go-to big black bag is too dark. Yiliy’s Le Messager in Taro is pretty much perfection in regards to what I was looking for in a bag. It’s roomy, chic, and can go with so many looks that it’s almost ridiculous.
- Alisa Oxford, $178, Cole Haan – I’ve been obsessed with the Cole Haan Alisa Oxford for awhile now, but I’m head over heels in love the neon sole version. This version is currently sold out online, but I have faith and loaded credit card that hope I can track down this neon yellow trimmed pair in time for spring and summer.
- Crochet-Espadrille Flats, $19.94, Old Navy – I always thought flat espadrilles were cute, but I’ve never bought a pair. This past weekend, I went to Old Navy with a couple of my friends and saw these and instantly thought they were too cute. However, I didn’t end up buying them, but I plan to take a this shirt I did buy and it exchange it for these shoes. They are too cute and look mad comfy… I hope.
- Kate Spade New York ‘idiom’ Thin Bangle, $58, Nordstrom – I love thin gold bangles and the more I find them, the more I love them , including this one by Kate Spade. It’s engraved with inspirational words all around with the saying “Mom Always Said” on the inside. This would also make a great mother’s day gift…in case you were looking for something already.
Is there anything you’re looking to grab this month for the upcoming seasons? I would love to hear them!
This year seems to be moving along pretty quick and breezy, which just happens to be the way I plan to dress this spring. The weather here in Memphis is already warming up. Today, the record high was broken for this day atn 82 degrees…before noon! Anyway, here are some pieces that I would love to have and incorporate in my breezy, but chic spring wardrobe.
- Lovely Peach Dress, $46,Lulu’s – Although neon is going to be huge this season, they’re not for everyone and the spring staple of pastels might be too blah and boring. Well, sorbet colors are nice middle ground, because they have just the right amount of boldness, but with a softness that is spring appropriate. This peachy dress from Lulu’s is so pretty and light and would be a dream piece to have in any spring wardrobe. I love the pleats!
- T-Shirt with Leather Details, $29.90, Zara – I love white, thin, and slouchy tees, especially in the hotter months. However, I’ve been looking for one with leather details and low and behold I found one while browsing Zara’a website. It has everything I want and will look amazing paired with solid and colorful jeans this season. I’m so excited to find this!
- NARS Wicked Attraction Set, $45, Sephora – My face! This has all the things that you make a nice, light, and dewy spring face, including NARS cult fav duo blush and bronzer duo of Orgasm and Laguna.
- Lulu Frost Lighthouse Ring, $156, Shopbop.com – I’ve been feening for one of these long, extension style rings for a while and this one by Lulu Frost is so pretty. The blush colored pink stone and shiny gold contrast is lovely and would work with any and every skin tone.
- Sam Edelman ‘Yelena’ Sandal, $139.95, Nordstrom – You need a pair of go-to, goes-with-almost-everything-in your-spring-wardrobe pair of shoes and these Sam Edelman slingback sandals are perfect for me. I love the wide bronze straps the nubuck saddle brown leather. Love them. Want them.