Here in Memphis, we are scheduled to have great fall weather this weekend. So, I might actually start doing some Christmas window shopping. You know, just trying to decide to get what for who. I already have some thing in mind for some, though.
I have a couple of friends and family who have recently either moved to a new spot and/or bought a new house and this Birchbox Home: Snow Day box would make a great gift for them. This is the third box limited edition box from Birchbox and its filled with some pretty fabulous items for home and personal use.
- Birchbox Limited Edition Travel Scrabble Game | Birchbox
- Fireplace Matches | Jonathan Adler
- Votive Candle | (Malin+Goetz)
- Flower Infused Cleansing Milk | Chantecaille
- Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask | Chantecaille
- Shea Butter Hand Cream | L’OCCITANE
- Matcha & Clementine Body Soak Bath Salts | Mox Botanicals
- Organic Lip Balm | S.W. Basics
- Combed Cotton Socks | Happy Socks
- Single Origin Cocoa Powder – Davao, Philippines | Askinosie
- Gourmet Marshmallows in Cinnamon | Three Tarts
The Birchbox Home: Snow Day retails for $39. I think I want one for myself.
Halloween is pretty much the doormat to the holiday season. Now, we are entering into November for Thanksgiving and then Christmas will be right around the corner, because December tends to run up to you real quick with a sucker punch.
This month, I’m starting to gravitate more black fashion pieces rather than brown and you will be able to see it in this month’s LHL. Plus, now that the sweaty summer is over, I’m starting to take some extra time in the morning to do my makeup instead of just some undereye concealer, mascara, and powder. So, I’m starting to visit makeup counters more frequently and test drive new products. Also, I need some new make-up brushes, because mine are starting to shed. Ugh.
Not to mention, but I’ve been feeling a little nostalgia toward my junior high days of being obsessed with Memphis rap and bucket bag purses.
So, here are the things I’m lusting for this month!
- Eightball and MJG T-Shirt, $13.99, Blahblahtshirts.com
- Rachel Zoe Kye Drawstring Bag, $315.99, Piperlime.com
- Origins Smarty™ Plants CC SPF 20 Complexion Corrector, $35, Sephora
- Vince Sonia High Heel Booties, $475, ShopBop.com
- Make An Entrance Clutch, $59, Sephora
For over a year, I’ve been trying to create a bar area that’s pleasantly stocked. I think that a bar area in your home is very inviting…to most. Personally, I’m a social drinker, but there are a couple of times a week that I find myself partaking in a glass of wine to unwind from a long day at work.
This week, my sister and I are moving to a cute little house we are renting and one of the first things I’m going to tackle is setting up a bar. Although, neither of us are “drinkers”, we do socialize with some and host most group get-togethers at our place. So, we try to keep some “spirits” for visitors.
Typically, when it comes to metal in fashion or home decor, I like to go gold. However, for the bar, I’m really feeling a silver and glass with touches of black theme. I love the sleek and modern feel of the look. Plus, my dining room furniture is black and a silver bar area will compliment each other nicely and allow me to add an accent color of my choice, per season.
So, here are some items I’m pondering to help build my silver-lining bar area.
- Oeniphilia 6 Bottle Wall Mounted Wine Rack, $43.32, Walmart
- Stainless-Steel Bar Tools Set with Stand, $89.95, Williams-Sonoma
- Mikasa Cheers Set of 4 Glass Bottle Stoppers, $25, Amazon.com
- Oggi Stainless Steel Double Wall Ice Bucket, $29.99, Target
- Luigi Bormioli ‘Rossini’ Decanter, $40, Nordstrom
- Dorset Cocktail Shaker, $119.95, Williams-Sonoma
- Bristol Bar Cabinet, $549, JC Penney
- Stainless Steel Cocktail Glasses, $19.99, Target
- Metallic Print Glassware Set, $34, West Elm
Halloween, tough jackets, and cool mornings. One of my favorite months, October, is here and I’m all in! Even as I write this, it’s cloudy, cool, and calming outside and feels and looks like late fall/early winter. So…I’m happy. PLUS, Starbucks has brought out their Pumpkin Spice Latte which is always the first sign that we are in the midst of fall rolling through.
Check out the list of things that I’m lusting for this lovely month of October.
- Diane von Furstenburg ‘Highline Courier’ Leather and Calf Hair Satchel, $595, Nordstrom
- Clarks ‘Rosepoint Dew’ Booties, $139.95, Nordstrom
- Contrast Leather-Look Bomber, $110, TopShop
- Generation Love Hannah Leather Henley, $152, singer22.com
- Clarisonic Mia2 Sonic Skin Cleansing Acne Clarifying Collection, $169, Sephora
Although I only missed August Lust-Have List, it feels like I haven’t done one in years. Anywho, it’s September; my birthday month (September 26) and I’m back at a level of contentment and plan to keep this feeling going for a while.
This month is all about the transitioning of replacing fun and bold colors of summer to demure and sultry colors of fall. Well, pump your breaks, because I’m feeling very retro and neutral and it shows in my list. Enjoy.
- Throwback Denim Jacket, $29.80, Forever 21 – I feel like this needs to be in my possession..like….last week.
- Amanda Classic Hobo, $485, Tory Burch – A girl in my office has this bag and I always try to get a glance at it when I pass by and she has it sitting on the chair next to her desk. It’s the perfect classic shoulder bag and perfect for work days and weekend errands.
- Chan Luu Gold-plated lapis drop earrings, $90, Net-A-Porter.com – Ahh…they’re blue and chic. Say no more.
- Josie Maran 100 Percent Pure Argan Oil, $48, Sephora – My hair need this. All the dying, blow-drying, flat-ironing and just pure being in the sun has added a touch of “crispiness” to my already dry and curly hair. I’ve nothing but amazing things about this oil and I can’t wait to try it.
- Tildon Pointy Toe Pump, $69.95, Nordstrom – I just want to style these with some rolled cuff boyfriend denim, a white tee, and hot pink blazer.