February snucked up on me, hence the this list being tardy. Nonetheless, here is the list of things I’m lusting for this month of love.
- DV by Dolce Vita Tulle Sandals, $79, Piperlime – This bi-polar weather washing over the country has me looking and lusting for sandals earlier than usual. I mean, Valentine’s Day hasn’t even showed up, yet! These classic brown espadrille wedges would look perfect for spring and summer, even though it’s still technically winter. *rolls eyes*
- Flip Flop Fantasy Nail Polish, $8, China Glaze – This is the polish currently on my nails that I picked out at the salon this past weekend to go over my gel overlay. It’s bright , almost florescent coral and I’m so in love with it to the point that I think this will be my staple color this spring and summer. Sorry, neon pink. 🙁
- Parker Navajo Print Sequin Jacket, $418, Piperlime – So beautiful! I’m not even into Navajo print, because I can’t really pull off “bold and colorful” prints, at times. However, I would love to have this jacket to throw over all black ensembles, which I’ve been frequently slugging out and about in.
- Gorjana Fremont Bracelet, $50, ShopBop.com – Simple and chic and I love the mixing of the media. Love!
- Steven by Steve Madden ‘France’ Leather Tote, $198, Nordstrom – It’s a big blue tote. I already love it! Plus, it has clean lines and minimal details. Pretty fabulous and I need it.
New year, new list. I have really high hopes for this year, mainly because last year was great. Last year, I didn’t make a “resolution”, but instead set a small list of 3 things that I would like to accomplish before the year was out. The things I wanted last year was to get a new job, get my license re-instated(I let it expire years ago), and buy a car. All three things I accomplished between May and August. So, I would like to come up with a list of things I would like to accomplish in 2012. Although the year has already started, I’m not quite sure what I want to accomplish. One thing I know is that I want to find and move to a new place. The BF and I are looking for a place and area that accomadates BOTH of us, which is very tricky.What are some things that you are looking to accomplish in the new year? Maybe I can “borrow” them, myself.
Anyway, here are some things that I would love to acquire this month.
- A. Frye Veronica Boots, $287.95, Nordstrom – A pair of cream tattered boots. Sounds like a neccessity for me, because the weather here has been real bi-polar. One day it’s a typical freezing winter day and then the next day, I’m waking up to a frost-free car and the ability to wear a thin cardigan instead of a coat. Either way, these boots will work perfectly. Plus, the cream color would allow them possibly pop up in some late winter/ early spring looks.
- B. Jersey Top with Peplum Hem, $40, ASOS Curve – I want this top SO BAD! It’s perfect, because it defines the waist and the peplum hem help cover the extra poundage collected over the holiday break, which included the flu which has stopped me from being able to go to the gym the past couple of weeks. Either way, these top is adorable and I want both the lavender and black ones.
- C. Iosselliani Crystal & Chain Bracelet, $306, ShopBop.com – This bracelet has been everything to me since I laid eyes on it. It pops like crazy and has a bit of glitz, but not too over the top to wear only at night or special occasions. I could definitely see myself wearing this with just a pair of well-worn jeans and white tee. I’m swooning this….HARDCORE!
- D. Carpe Diem Hoodie, $19.80, Forever 21 – I need more sweatshirts and pull over hoodies. I recently started wearing the one sweatshirt that I have and I’m really enjoying the ease in throwing on instead of a coat or heavy jacket. Unfortunately, it’s drabby grey and very basic. Si, I would like to have some fun and fashionable hoodies, like Carpe Diem one from Forever 21. I love the lime color positive message. This would be a nice and fab stepping stone to owning more sweats.
- E. Keep Calm and Carry On Bound Lined Journal, $8.99, Barnes & Noble – I miss writing and I don’t mean typing. I mean pen or pencil to paper and just free handing things that are floating in my mind. I use to write all the time in college and still have some/most of the journals to this day that contain some fond and not so fond memories of my late teens and early 20s. The itch to write is brewing me again and I want to embrace it. Any journal would do, however, I love this one, because it contains on my favorite designs/sayings; “Keep Calm and Carry On”. I also have the pink version of this as the background on my phone, FYI.
- F. Deux Lux Woven Weekend Bag, $218, Urban Outfitters – Recently, I’ve been in the mood take a quick road trip somewhere. I’m not sure where, but I want to and I might even ask the BF if he’s down to do so. Nothing too far and no place where I would need to pack a lot. This Deux Lux weekend bag is fabulous. It looks roomy and the woven texture adds a nice touch.
There you have it, the things that I would love to get this month based on the things I’m currently loving or would love to do soon.
Eleven months down and less than one month to
survive go. December is filled with shopping, parties, and some if-y weather. So, the things I’m lusting for this month will reflect this.
- A. Shirred Shoulder Dress, $24.80, Forever 21 – This dress is perfect for holiday office parties. It’s professional enough for the office, but you can make it look party perfect by throwing on a sparkly accessory such as a belt or big cocktail ring.
- B. Shadow Hobo, $98, Olivia + Joy – Last month, I finally found and bought a new black bag by Olivia + Joy from Macy’s that’s roomy enough for work and not too over done in details. Before then, I had never heard or this brand, but now I want another bag from them , especially this Shadow hobo. Clean look and roomy. Perfect for me!
- C. Polo Andres Men’s Boots, $149, Finish Line – I had some Polo boots years ago when they were in style in high school. Now, they have made another comeback and I want a pair. Actually, I might need a pair, because Memphis weather is so dysfunctional during the winter months with cold and rainy one day and hot and sunny the next. Whatever. I want a new pair of Polo boots.
- D. Pins and Needles Fuzzy dress cardigan, $59, Urban Outfitters – Looks fun and warm. Plus, it’s the perfect topper for a casual Christmas get together.
- E. Ca & Lou Crystal-Accented Wave Ring, $330, Saks.com – I love rings that you wear on one finger, but covers other fingers when worn. So, I pretty much instantly fell in love with this Ca & Lou ring. It’s subtly “blingy” and might be subtle enough to make some day time appearances.
It’s November! The weather is chilly and my boots are out and being worn frequently. Now, I’m all in Fall mood. However, now a days, as soon as Halloween ends, the next day retailers make it seem like Christmas is only a couple of weeks away. Anyway, here are some things that I’m loving for November.
- A. Deena & Ozzy Metal Toe Cap Skimmer, $34, Urban Outfitters
- B. Hakkari Hurricane Candleholder, $19.95, Crate & Barrel
- C. Lindsay Friendship Bracelets, $36 each, Alexandra Beth
- D. Active Sport Watch, $130, Guess
- E. Bobbi Brown Ultimate Party Collection, $65, Saks
It’s October?! Wow, this year. So fast and such a blur. However, it’s finally Fall and the weather is getting chilly. I’ve even broken out my Uggs and couple of long sleeve shirts.
Anyway, here is my list of things that I’m loving for October and as you can, the list is might brown and bronzey. I love fall colors.
- A. Marc by Marc Jacobs Metal High Heel Booties, $390, Shopbop – If this it’s the perfect oxford booties. Not too complicated, but too simple thanks to the gold detail eyelets and tips of the laces.
- B. Metallic Sweater, $79.90, Zara – A metallic sweater. Sounds weird, but looks marvelous. It looks like liquid; wet dripping metallic knit in a classic sweater. I pretty much became instantly obsessed with this sweater and I might need to buy this as a happy belated birthday or early Christmas gift to myself. It’s available in 4 different metallic colors, but I fancy this rose gold shade.
- C. RED Valentino Bow Trim Rain Boots, $195, Nordstrom – Remember last year how I was obsessed with Valentino’s lace rain boots? Well, I feel equally obsessed and maybe a little more over their latest rain boot from the RED line. Last year was more frilly and lace, whereas this year boot looks like a motorcycle boot and big sculpted bow. So freaking fabulous and chic!
- D. Ecote Studded Professor Satchel, $69, Urban Outfitters – I was just in Urban Outfitters yesterday and I did not see this satchel anywhere. Maybe it’s a good thing I didn’t see it, because I don’t need to spend anymore money and I would’ve definitely snatched this bag and didn’t look back.
- E. Erica Anenberg Autumn Faith, Hope, and Love Bracelet, $100, Max & Chloe – For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been wearing my Erica Anenberg initial necklace and it has caused me to want more from her line, including this simple, but lovely bracelet. Great addition to your stacked bracelets this fall.
So, there are some things that I’m drooling for this month. Anything you like or want to point me to something you think I would love for October?