I guess I’m really into prints this month, huh? I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older/more mature, but I’ve been opening my mind to more fashion choices that I thought wouldn’t work on me or emphasis things that I’m insecure about (i.e my legs and flabby arms) in the past.
Prints. We use to be real cool when I was in the 6th grade and my mom bought me all these super cute printed 2 piece short sets and dresses for my “chubby” shape. What up Sears’ Pretty Plus section?!?!
Well, here the things I’m lusting for June! You?
- A. Pom Pom Flippy Dress, $240, TopShop – I’m just drooling over the color combination and knit work on the bodice!
- B. Tartine Tote in Diamond Raffia, $398, J. Crew – I love the ethnic contrast, yet simplicity of this tote. Perfect for a work day or beach day. 😉
- C. Dominic Jones Hinged Ring, $455, Net-A-Porter – I’m obsessed with hinged rings! I feel that everything wrong in my life will instantly get “fixed” if I have this ring. Well, I can dream….while wearing this ring.
- D. Challis Shorts, $17.99, Target – I go to Target a lot….A LOT! Every time I go, I always contemplate on if I should buy a pair and I still haven’t bought a pair…yet.
- E. 7 For All Mankind Zena Sandal, $158, Piperlime.com – They are just so fab! I can’t.
So, what happened to April Lust-Have List? Well, April came and left so quick and I got caught up in the rapture of personal and job demands, which explains the drought of content here. However, all that has changed and I’m back and so is Lust-Have List!
This month, its all about transition from the cool and free spirit of spring to the hot and busy months that make up summer. Oh, it’s coming and I’m beating the rush. I don’t know about ya’ll, but here in my neck of the woods, its getting hot and it’s making me believe that we are going to be in for a sweltering summer. I’m not looking forward to that other than maybe getting a nice tan and glow.
Anywho, here are some things that I’m loving for the month of May! Are there some things that you’re looking forward to acquiring this month? Please share!
- Rebecca Minkoff M.A.B Metallic Leather Tote, $295, Nordstrom – A soft gold tote that’s perfect for work and fun and carry you from busy weekdays to casual weekends.
- Open Back Top, $17.99. Target – Orange, Sorbet, Coral, whatever the color, orange is a major color this season and it’s everywhere and I love it! I’ve bought more orange these past few weeks then ever in my life. Therefore, I’m loving this light weight, open back top from Target. It looks chic, carefree, and can be dressed up or down. Nice!
- Gorjana Kennedy Chain Ring, $30, ShopBop – At first glance, this looks like a cute little chain bracelet. However, this is actually a chain ring that I want oh so bad right now to wear on my one of my knuckles, instead of the big chunky knuckle rings that everyone and their enemies are wearing, This is actually a nicer and chicer way to wear a ring on your knuckles and I’m for it!
- 7 For All Mankind Madiera, $225, Piperlime – I can’t lie, the shiny gold is what caught my eye, but the classic style and it orange color is what sold me. Fab.
- Linda Farrow D-Frame Acetate Sunglasses, $525, Net-A-Porter – These are sooo out my budget’s reach, but I can still look and swoon from afar.
Last month, I posted this list on time and it was uber bright. This month? Umm, let’s just say that life is getting cray, cray, but in a good way this time! Anyway, although spring is creeping up, I’m really into clean and muted colors, tones, and prints and this reflects heavily in this month’s Lust-Have List. Have at it!
- Rebecca Minkoff Sunglasses Case, $75 – I need a sunglasses case, because if I scratch one more pair of my cheap sunnies while looking for something in my gigantic bag du jour, then it’s going to get real real! Okay? I’m loving the cutesy-ness of this one by Rebecca Minkoff. Chic, too.
- Liebeskind “June’ Hobo, $245 – Everyone needs a large, tan bag for spring and I’m smitten with this one by Liebeskind. It’s designed to be worn as either a hobo or large satchel. Both ways are great! Plus, the details are clean and there’s plenty of compartment room, including to HUGE pocket on the outside. Sold.
- ASOS Curve Shirt in Stripe, $59.34 – Beetlejuice? Maybe. Fabulously casual chic and perfect for the warmer months of spring? YES!!
- Jeffrey Campbell Hough Mesh Sandals, $140 – Just fabulous. However, I wish I could find this in a nude, too!
- Shourouk Bakara Moonlight Swarovski Crystal Bracelet, $360 – Just a nice punch of sparkle for any lackluster outfit.
You would think that since it’s February (a.k.a Valentine’s Day) you would think I would be lusting after things that are romantic, flirty, or at least red and/or pink. Nope. I’m ready for the chilly morning, warm days , and cool nights of spring. Check it out below!
- Nadri Cross Pendant, $48, Nordstrom – It’s dainty necklace season and I can’t wait to start layering all my necklaces again and I would love to add this one to the neck party.
- Jeffrey Campbell Mention Spike Loafers, $165, ShopBop.com – Another month, another pair of JC shoes to lust over. These, my dears, are everything and just perfect.
- Vestal Plexi Acetate Gold Tortoise Watch, $320, KarmaLoop.com – Too amazing to come up with words to help justify the lust and thirst I have for this watch, Let’s just move along for now.
- Legacy Archival Rambler, $348, Coach – A bright yellow bag is just the punch of color you can add to any spring outfit or late winter, for that matter.
- Neon Yellow Homies Hoodie, $128, Brian Lichtenberg – So dope. I want everything in this collection.
Woohoo….we made it to 2013! I’m oh-so optimistic about this year, because you might have noticed from posts (and lack of posts) last year, that 2012 wasn’t one of the best years I’ve had. However, the silver lining in my tornado year was that I was able to learn a crap load of valuable lessons. A serious crap load!
Anyway, new year, new month, and new lust-have list. I will say that I’m not really itching to conquer much this month, but there are some things that I’m eyeballing and here they are!
- A. Eddie Borgo Ionized Lotus Cone Bracelet, $375, Net-A-Porter – Love this bracelet. Initially, it looks like it would be a big, bright piece of arm candy. However, it’s actually pretty dainty on the wrist and adds a subtle punch of color to a bare wrist and outfit or mingle effortless among a wrist full of bracelets and other pieces.
- B. Vogue Cropped T-Shirt, $75, Fancy – Perfect tee to wear while reading Facebook. lol
- C. Flex Fleece Dog Zip Hoodie, $16, American Apparel – My brother and sister-in-law got me a Long Hair Chihuahua, whom I’ve named Pepe’, for Christmas. I love his stinky self, and I do mean stinky, so much. One of the reason I love him is because he doesn’t mind wearing clothes. He even came with a couple of sweaters and a doggie wife-beater tank. I can’t wait to break that out in the spring. Anyway, as soon as I saw this online, it dawned on me that he might want a hoodie. I never thought I would become one of those people that dressed their dogs, but hey, Pepe’ came with a sense of fashion…okay? I’m just helping him out or at least that’s what I like to tell myself.
- D. Knitted Cropped Sweater, $60, TopShop – That blue is just so mesmerizing! Not too mention, it looks incredible warm and comfy!
- E. Contrast Platform Wedges , $29.80, Forever 21 – Yep, all the spring stuff is starting to trickle out and it’s helping decide what styles and trends I might want to test out. While I’m still making that list, I’m all about these platform wedges from Forever 21. They have a little retro vibe to them that I’m fancying right now,
- F. Jeffrey Campbell The Bladz Boot, $550, KarmaLoop – I was torn about adding these boots to the Lust-Have List, because they deserve a post all to themselves. However, fudge it! These might be the most expensive pair of JC shoes I’ve seen and they look to be worth the money and the serious lusting and drooling that I’ve been doing for them. They look EPIC, but…I need to see them in person just so that I know that these feelings I’m having for them are worth it.