I’ve been feeling so lazy and sluggish as of recently. Maybe it’s because I’m in need of a vacay, maybe it’s the increase in the heat, or maybe it’s just because I haven’t been to the gym in ages, which will end tomorrow morning as I have decided to rekindle the early morning burn sessions with my former trainer. Anyway, I’m tired and I’m a little glad the season of less and being laid back has returned. So, here are some things that I’m lusting for this month.
- MOTO Vintage Denim Jacket, $80, TopShop – Seriously, you should already have a simple and vintage looking denim jacket in your possession or at least know you need one and are currently looking for one. Well, look no further that this one by MOTO from TopShop. It’s has that fitted shape and lovingly well-worn vintage-y look that you should hope to find in a denim jacket this season. Plus, because it’s so classic, you can wear it for years and years and it will never look outdated.
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters, $8, Local Drugstores – I’m addicted to Revlon Lip Butters. Not only do that help hydrate your lips, but they are also pigmented with enough color to let you build up to the shade you want. Currently, I only them in Tutti Fruti, Sweet Tart, and Creamsicle, but I plan on getting them all. However, I don’t know if I’ll love any of the colors as much as I love Sweet Tart. It’s such a pretty “Barbie” pink. Love it.
- Le Messager, $425, Yiliy – My obsession with tote bags has been put off to the side thanks to my new found love of shoulder bags, which has led me to love the “swing action” on my shoulder. However, I’ve been on the hunt for a clean and chic tan messenger style shoulder bag for warm spring days when my go-to big black bag is too dark. Yiliy’s Le Messager in Taro is pretty much perfection in regards to what I was looking for in a bag. It’s roomy, chic, and can go with so many looks that it’s almost ridiculous.
- Alisa Oxford, $178, Cole Haan – I’ve been obsessed with the Cole Haan Alisa Oxford for awhile now, but I’m head over heels in love the neon sole version. This version is currently sold out online, but I have faith and loaded credit card that hope I can track down this neon yellow trimmed pair in time for spring and summer.
- Crochet-Espadrille Flats, $19.94, Old Navy – I always thought flat espadrilles were cute, but I’ve never bought a pair. This past weekend, I went to Old Navy with a couple of my friends and saw these and instantly thought they were too cute. However, I didn’t end up buying them, but I plan to take a this shirt I did buy and it exchange it for these shoes. They are too cute and look mad comfy… I hope.
- Kate Spade New York ‘idiom’ Thin Bangle, $58, Nordstrom – I love thin gold bangles and the more I find them, the more I love them , including this one by Kate Spade. It’s engraved with inspirational words all around with the saying “Mom Always Said” on the inside. This would also make a great mother’s day gift…in case you were looking for something already.
Is there anything you’re looking to grab this month for the upcoming seasons? I would love to hear them!
This year seems to be moving along pretty quick and breezy, which just happens to be the way I plan to dress this spring. The weather here in Memphis is already warming up. Today, the record high was broken for this day atn 82 degrees…before noon! Anyway, here are some pieces that I would love to have and incorporate in my breezy, but chic spring wardrobe.
- Lovely Peach Dress, $46,Lulu’s – Although neon is going to be huge this season, they’re not for everyone and the spring staple of pastels might be too blah and boring. Well, sorbet colors are nice middle ground, because they have just the right amount of boldness, but with a softness that is spring appropriate. This peachy dress from Lulu’s is so pretty and light and would be a dream piece to have in any spring wardrobe. I love the pleats!
- T-Shirt with Leather Details, $29.90, Zara – I love white, thin, and slouchy tees, especially in the hotter months. However, I’ve been looking for one with leather details and low and behold I found one while browsing Zara’a website. It has everything I want and will look amazing paired with solid and colorful jeans this season. I’m so excited to find this!
- NARS Wicked Attraction Set, $45, Sephora – My face! This has all the things that you make a nice, light, and dewy spring face, including NARS cult fav duo blush and bronzer duo of Orgasm and Laguna.
- Lulu Frost Lighthouse Ring, $156, Shopbop.com – I’ve been feening for one of these long, extension style rings for a while and this one by Lulu Frost is so pretty. The blush colored pink stone and shiny gold contrast is lovely and would work with any and every skin tone.
- Sam Edelman ‘Yelena’ Sandal, $139.95, Nordstrom – You need a pair of go-to, goes-with-almost-everything-in your-spring-wardrobe pair of shoes and these Sam Edelman slingback sandals are perfect for me. I love the wide bronze straps the nubuck saddle brown leather. Love them. Want them.
February snucked up on me, hence the this list being tardy. Nonetheless, here is the list of things I’m lusting for this month of love.
- DV by Dolce Vita Tulle Sandals, $79, Piperlime – This bi-polar weather washing over the country has me looking and lusting for sandals earlier than usual. I mean, Valentine’s Day hasn’t even showed up, yet! These classic brown espadrille wedges would look perfect for spring and summer, even though it’s still technically winter. *rolls eyes*
- Flip Flop Fantasy Nail Polish, $8, China Glaze – This is the polish currently on my nails that I picked out at the salon this past weekend to go over my gel overlay. It’s bright , almost florescent coral and I’m so in love with it to the point that I think this will be my staple color this spring and summer. Sorry, neon pink. 🙁
- Parker Navajo Print Sequin Jacket, $418, Piperlime – So beautiful! I’m not even into Navajo print, because I can’t really pull off “bold and colorful” prints, at times. However, I would love to have this jacket to throw over all black ensembles, which I’ve been frequently slugging out and about in.
- Gorjana Fremont Bracelet, $50, ShopBop.com – Simple and chic and I love the mixing of the media. Love!
- Steven by Steve Madden ‘France’ Leather Tote, $198, Nordstrom – It’s a big blue tote. I already love it! Plus, it has clean lines and minimal details. Pretty fabulous and I need it.
New year, new list. I have really high hopes for this year, mainly because last year was great. Last year, I didn’t make a “resolution”, but instead set a small list of 3 things that I would like to accomplish before the year was out. The things I wanted last year was to get a new job, get my license re-instated(I let it expire years ago), and buy a car. All three things I accomplished between May and August. So, I would like to come up with a list of things I would like to accomplish in 2012. Although the year has already started, I’m not quite sure what I want to accomplish. One thing I know is that I want to find and move to a new place. The BF and I are looking for a place and area that accomadates BOTH of us, which is very tricky.What are some things that you are looking to accomplish in the new year? Maybe I can “borrow” them, myself.
Anyway, here are some things that I would love to acquire this month.
- A. Frye Veronica Boots, $287.95, Nordstrom – A pair of cream tattered boots. Sounds like a neccessity for me, because the weather here has been real bi-polar. One day it’s a typical freezing winter day and then the next day, I’m waking up to a frost-free car and the ability to wear a thin cardigan instead of a coat. Either way, these boots will work perfectly. Plus, the cream color would allow them possibly pop up in some late winter/ early spring looks.
- B. Jersey Top with Peplum Hem, $40, ASOS Curve – I want this top SO BAD! It’s perfect, because it defines the waist and the peplum hem help cover the extra poundage collected over the holiday break, which included the flu which has stopped me from being able to go to the gym the past couple of weeks. Either way, these top is adorable and I want both the lavender and black ones.
- C. Iosselliani Crystal & Chain Bracelet, $306, ShopBop.com – This bracelet has been everything to me since I laid eyes on it. It pops like crazy and has a bit of glitz, but not too over the top to wear only at night or special occasions. I could definitely see myself wearing this with just a pair of well-worn jeans and white tee. I’m swooning this….HARDCORE!
- D. Carpe Diem Hoodie, $19.80, Forever 21 – I need more sweatshirts and pull over hoodies. I recently started wearing the one sweatshirt that I have and I’m really enjoying the ease in throwing on instead of a coat or heavy jacket. Unfortunately, it’s drabby grey and very basic. Si, I would like to have some fun and fashionable hoodies, like Carpe Diem one from Forever 21. I love the lime color positive message. This would be a nice and fab stepping stone to owning more sweats.
- E. Keep Calm and Carry On Bound Lined Journal, $8.99, Barnes & Noble – I miss writing and I don’t mean typing. I mean pen or pencil to paper and just free handing things that are floating in my mind. I use to write all the time in college and still have some/most of the journals to this day that contain some fond and not so fond memories of my late teens and early 20s. The itch to write is brewing me again and I want to embrace it. Any journal would do, however, I love this one, because it contains on my favorite designs/sayings; “Keep Calm and Carry On”. I also have the pink version of this as the background on my phone, FYI.
- F. Deux Lux Woven Weekend Bag, $218, Urban Outfitters – Recently, I’ve been in the mood take a quick road trip somewhere. I’m not sure where, but I want to and I might even ask the BF if he’s down to do so. Nothing too far and no place where I would need to pack a lot. This Deux Lux weekend bag is fabulous. It looks roomy and the woven texture adds a nice touch.
There you have it, the things that I would love to get this month based on the things I’m currently loving or would love to do soon.
Eleven months down and less than one month to
survive go. December is filled with shopping, parties, and some if-y weather. So, the things I’m lusting for this month will reflect this.
- A. Shirred Shoulder Dress, $24.80, Forever 21 – This dress is perfect for holiday office parties. It’s professional enough for the office, but you can make it look party perfect by throwing on a sparkly accessory such as a belt or big cocktail ring.
- B. Shadow Hobo, $98, Olivia + Joy – Last month, I finally found and bought a new black bag by Olivia + Joy from Macy’s that’s roomy enough for work and not too over done in details. Before then, I had never heard or this brand, but now I want another bag from them , especially this Shadow hobo. Clean look and roomy. Perfect for me!
- C. Polo Andres Men’s Boots, $149, Finish Line – I had some Polo boots years ago when they were in style in high school. Now, they have made another comeback and I want a pair. Actually, I might need a pair, because Memphis weather is so dysfunctional during the winter months with cold and rainy one day and hot and sunny the next. Whatever. I want a new pair of Polo boots.
- D. Pins and Needles Fuzzy dress cardigan, $59, Urban Outfitters – Looks fun and warm. Plus, it’s the perfect topper for a casual Christmas get together.
- E. Ca & Lou Crystal-Accented Wave Ring, $330, Saks.com – I love rings that you wear on one finger, but covers other fingers when worn. So, I pretty much instantly fell in love with this Ca & Lou ring. It’s subtly “blingy” and might be subtle enough to make some day time appearances.