Although I only missed August Lust-Have List, it feels like I haven’t done one in years. Anywho, it’s September; my birthday month (September 26) and I’m back at a level of contentment and plan to keep this feeling going for a while.
This month is all about the transitioning of replacing fun and bold colors of summer to demure and sultry colors of fall. Well, pump your breaks, because I’m feeling very retro and neutral and it shows in my list. Enjoy.
- Throwback Denim Jacket, $29.80, Forever 21 – I feel like this needs to be in my possession..like….last week.
- Amanda Classic Hobo, $485, Tory Burch – A girl in my office has this bag and I always try to get a glance at it when I pass by and she has it sitting on the chair next to her desk. It’s the perfect classic shoulder bag and perfect for work days and weekend errands.
- Chan Luu Gold-plated lapis drop earrings, $90, Net-A-Porter.com – Ahh…they’re blue and chic. Say no more.
- Josie Maran 100 Percent Pure Argan Oil, $48, Sephora – My hair need this. All the dying, blow-drying, flat-ironing and just pure being in the sun has added a touch of “crispiness” to my already dry and curly hair. I’ve nothing but amazing things about this oil and I can’t wait to try it.
- Tildon Pointy Toe Pump, $69.95, Nordstrom – I just want to style these with some rolled cuff boyfriend denim, a white tee, and hot pink blazer.
I had an amazing June filled with fun times with family and friends and July is looking like its going to be just as fun.
Here are the things that I’m lusting for this month.
- Nike ‘Air Revolution Sky Hi’ Sneaker, $150, Nordstrom – I guess the hidden wedge sneaker trend isn’t dying down any soon and I’m more than happy with that, because I’m loving it as much as I’m loving these female wedged version of the classic Nike Air Revolution.
- MCM Liz Reversible Canvas and Leather Tote, $510, Saks.com – I’ve been wanting an MCM bag since…well the 80s when they were all the rage. Now that they have made a comeback in the past couple of years, I’ve been wanting one even more now. I love this one because it’s reversible. One side is the classic leather monogram, but the other side is a fun canvas print with the MCM logo in purple graffiti!
- Femme Spear Bangle, $19.99, JewelMint – A very subtle gold bangle is all I’ve been wishing I had last week while getting for work. I’m still in awe that I don’t have one…yet. I ordered this one and I can’t wait for it to arrive already!
- Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume, $72, exclusively at Sephora – I’ve yet to find a Marc Jacobs scent that I didn’t love and that statement still holds true, because I love the soft scent of the latest from Marc Jacobs perfumes. Seriously, it makes me invision me laying in a field on sunny Saturday afternoon as the sun is about to set. I’m so visual. lol
- Karl Lagerfield + Tokidoki Crystal Embellished Tee, $110, exclusively at Net-A-Porter – It’s a Karl Lagerfield tee by Tokidoki and it’s exclusive for Net-A-Porter. Need I type more?
I guess I’m really into prints this month, huh? I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older/more mature, but I’ve been opening my mind to more fashion choices that I thought wouldn’t work on me or emphasis things that I’m insecure about (i.e my legs and flabby arms) in the past.
Prints. We use to be real cool when I was in the 6th grade and my mom bought me all these super cute printed 2 piece short sets and dresses for my “chubby” shape. What up Sears’ Pretty Plus section?!?!
Well, here the things I’m lusting for June! You?
- A. Pom Pom Flippy Dress, $240, TopShop – I’m just drooling over the color combination and knit work on the bodice!
- B. Tartine Tote in Diamond Raffia, $398, J. Crew – I love the ethnic contrast, yet simplicity of this tote. Perfect for a work day or beach day. 😉
- C. Dominic Jones Hinged Ring, $455, Net-A-Porter – I’m obsessed with hinged rings! I feel that everything wrong in my life will instantly get “fixed” if I have this ring. Well, I can dream….while wearing this ring.
- D. Challis Shorts, $17.99, Target – I go to Target a lot….A LOT! Every time I go, I always contemplate on if I should buy a pair and I still haven’t bought a pair…yet.
- E. 7 For All Mankind Zena Sandal, $158, Piperlime.com – They are just so fab! I can’t.
So, what happened to April Lust-Have List? Well, April came and left so quick and I got caught up in the rapture of personal and job demands, which explains the drought of content here. However, all that has changed and I’m back and so is Lust-Have List!
This month, its all about transition from the cool and free spirit of spring to the hot and busy months that make up summer. Oh, it’s coming and I’m beating the rush. I don’t know about ya’ll, but here in my neck of the woods, its getting hot and it’s making me believe that we are going to be in for a sweltering summer. I’m not looking forward to that other than maybe getting a nice tan and glow.
Anywho, here are some things that I’m loving for the month of May! Are there some things that you’re looking forward to acquiring this month? Please share!
- Rebecca Minkoff M.A.B Metallic Leather Tote, $295, Nordstrom – A soft gold tote that’s perfect for work and fun and carry you from busy weekdays to casual weekends.
- Open Back Top, $17.99. Target – Orange, Sorbet, Coral, whatever the color, orange is a major color this season and it’s everywhere and I love it! I’ve bought more orange these past few weeks then ever in my life. Therefore, I’m loving this light weight, open back top from Target. It looks chic, carefree, and can be dressed up or down. Nice!
- Gorjana Kennedy Chain Ring, $30, ShopBop – At first glance, this looks like a cute little chain bracelet. However, this is actually a chain ring that I want oh so bad right now to wear on my one of my knuckles, instead of the big chunky knuckle rings that everyone and their enemies are wearing, This is actually a nicer and chicer way to wear a ring on your knuckles and I’m for it!
- 7 For All Mankind Madiera, $225, Piperlime – I can’t lie, the shiny gold is what caught my eye, but the classic style and it orange color is what sold me. Fab.
- Linda Farrow D-Frame Acetate Sunglasses, $525, Net-A-Porter – These are sooo out my budget’s reach, but I can still look and swoon from afar.
Last month, I posted this list on time and it was uber bright. This month? Umm, let’s just say that life is getting cray, cray, but in a good way this time! Anyway, although spring is creeping up, I’m really into clean and muted colors, tones, and prints and this reflects heavily in this month’s Lust-Have List. Have at it!
- Rebecca Minkoff Sunglasses Case, $75 – I need a sunglasses case, because if I scratch one more pair of my cheap sunnies while looking for something in my gigantic bag du jour, then it’s going to get real real! Okay? I’m loving the cutesy-ness of this one by Rebecca Minkoff. Chic, too.
- Liebeskind “June’ Hobo, $245 – Everyone needs a large, tan bag for spring and I’m smitten with this one by Liebeskind. It’s designed to be worn as either a hobo or large satchel. Both ways are great! Plus, the details are clean and there’s plenty of compartment room, including to HUGE pocket on the outside. Sold.
- ASOS Curve Shirt in Stripe, $59.34 – Beetlejuice? Maybe. Fabulously casual chic and perfect for the warmer months of spring? YES!!
- Jeffrey Campbell Hough Mesh Sandals, $140 – Just fabulous. However, I wish I could find this in a nude, too!
- Shourouk Bakara Moonlight Swarovski Crystal Bracelet, $360 – Just a nice punch of sparkle for any lackluster outfit.