This weekend I began my annual loading up of leggings to replace my thinning (and maybe holing) summer leggings. When I think of fall and winter looks that involve leggings, 98.9% of the time, combat boots are the shoe pairing of choice. For some reason, the combat boots and leggings look is an everyday no-brainer for a casual fall look. It’s probably one outfit that I could and sometimes do wear 7 days a week.
Unfortunately, it hasn’t been quite cool enough for me to break out my beloved Jeffrey Campbell combat boots that I’ve had and worn for over 3 years. Although they are perfectly aged and still look great, it would be nice to had a “newer” looking pair to the fall shoe gang. I’m not sure if I want to get another flat pair of get casual sexy with a heeled one. How about a shiny pair or over the knee pair? So many options, but I’m loving the hunt.
Here are some stylish combat boots for fall that are very worthy contenders.
- Schutz Makayla Leather Booties – I love the sleek design and heel.
- Pieces Ibi Croc Print Leather Lace-Up Boots – A textured combat boot? Never knew I was open to this style, but I am.
- Sergio Rossi Changeling Booties – This would work with leggings or longer skirts, thanks to the heel and clean look.
- KENDALL + KYLIE Jordana combat boot – Ooh, shiny and I love the side zipper detail.
- Joie Gryffin Lace Up Over the Knee boots – Seriously. I think I need these, regardless.