Happy Holidays! Well, let me address some things first. You might notice that some of my recent posts are missing; last-minute gift ideas and my favorite beauty products of 2016. Yesterday, while getting server and hosting issues squared away before the new year, all my content got deleted. So, after paying an insane amount of money to recover my content, some posts and comments didn’t survive. Yesterday was mad stressful, but everything is good now. I will rewrite and repost my favorite beauty products in the new year.
If I had to pick one word to describe 2016, it would be “interesting”, because it was all over the place. Personally, I had a great year filled with great relationships, growth in my finances, and clarity of my dreams. However, everything that was going on in the world was depressing, but I’m not going to dwell on that.
In the meantime, I’m going to take the rest of the year off from blogging and work. My mind and body need a deep tissue rubdown and break. However, I do have a few things I plan to take advantage of during my break.
- Read Books – I really fell back in love with reading in 2016. Although I did read quite a few books, I still have some waiting for me to finish.
- Meditate – I used to meditate daily, but I’ve fallen off that wagon. I’ve only been meditating when I feel stressed and/or overwhelmed, which is good. However, I want to end this year with a clear mind and rested spirit.
- Purge – I need to make room in my life and spaces and the best way to do this is by purging. So, I’m going to get rid of clothes and make-up I don’t wear anymore and do a digital detox of my social media accounts and newsletters, which I’m long overdue.
- Plan – For a couple of years, I’ve been wanting to create a website that’s for Memphis and surrounding areas. One day last week, I woke up with an idea and name. Surprisingly, the domain name was available and I snatched it up immediately. So, I’m going to dedicate a day to laying it out on paper before I start setting up the physical site. Can’t lie, I’m kind of excited about this new endeavor.
- Schedule – In 2016, I finally learned how to properly schedule my day in order to increase my productivity. I said “bye-bye” to planners and agendas and praise danced my way over to the power of bullet journaling. Okay, I guess I’m going to be doing a little work, because I’m going to try and plan out all my content for the next month. I tend to do a block scheduling here and there, but this is going to be my challenge.
I hope you all have a safe and happy holidays and see you next year!