Link-End Round-Up time!
One word I can use to describe this past week? “Ugh.”
I’ve had quite the roller coaster of a week. I will admit, that it started off pretty well.
Monday was amazing, because I was super productive, filled with motivation to do so much, and accomplished quite a bit…for a Monday. Plus, I had sushi for lunch that day. So, I can say it was a pretty good day.
Tuesday? *deep grunt*
Well, I had a my new sofa (yay!) scheduled to get delivered that day. So, I woke up a little earlier than usual to
carry push the old love seat to the curb. It wasn’t too cold outside and I got in a quick, but intense level of cardio and strength training. Triple win. However, while on my way to work, I was pulled over for speeding…and got ticket. I was super annoyed at myself and even more annoyed when I logged online to see check the price of the ticket and found out that I never paid I ticket I got back in 2013. The payment for the ticket swelled up to over $200! *insert angry emoji*
Since I am person of optimism and thrive on looking for silver linings and counting my blessings, I focused my energy on being thankful that the ticket was for only go 5 miles over the speed limit when I was actually going almost 15 miles over. Plus, I got pulled over less than 20 feet from a school, which means I was less than 20 feet away from a mandatory court date. So, no court date, no high fine ticket and/or arrest for that almost 3 year old outstanding ticket. All of that is silver lining to me.
This week was filled with rainy days, stress, anxiety, and “Aunt Flo” coming into town, which softly caused me to fall off my healthier lifestyle kick.
I think I’m going to spend this weekend cuddled up on my new sofa, juicing, and catching up on my personal Must-See TV on my DVR.
In the meantime, please enjoy these links to reads that peaked my interest and helped distract me from the mess that was my life this week.
- This 20-minute cardio workout is super effective and hits almost every muscle in the body.
- Ideas to help your curate your dream nightstand.
- Healthy ingredient swaps you should know and use.
- Steps into creating a beautiful and multi functional family kitchens. (I’m into kitchen designs, at the moment)
- 5 cute lazy girl hairstyles you can rock everyday.
- Just a touch of all the #BlackGirlMagic out there. (We rock!)
- Love this set of thin gold and silver bangles. So chic and minimalist approved.