Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday the 13th! I always chuckle about how Friday the 13th was a “scary” day as a child. Now, as an adult, it’s an excuse to stay in on a Friday night to watch horror movies with wine. Definitely one of my favorite things about being an adult.
So, a lot has happened since the last Link-End Round-Up. However, the only thing everyone is talking about – justifiably so – is the coronavirus. At times, I’m nervous, because it’s still so new and no time frame as to when this will be controlled. However, I feel okay and optimistic knowing that this is just a different strain of the flu. I’ve h ad the flu before and got through it without having to be prescribed anything. Rest, fluids, som OTC meds, and isolation did the trick for that flu and this one.
I will say, the fact that this has happened during regular flu season and allergy season has made me a little paranoid. Not sure if my itchy throat is due to the allergies or a pandemic global virus is crazy. I’m just hoping it’s not the latter.
Plans for this weekend should mainly be self-isolation, if possible. However, ya girl has a nail appointment tomorrow afternoon, but that’s it. As much as I would like to partake in some retail therapy, I think it’s best to avoid interacting with people, as much as possible.
Staying in, too? Well, here are some articles that you may enjoy. There’s only one about the coronavirus, but it’s nothing too depressing – really informative. Happy weekend, ya’ll.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: March 13, 2020
- Need to know how to clean your filthy phone? Her you go – The Everygirl
- Would you spend $500 on a flat iron? No? Well, Dyson might make you consider it. – The Cut
- I love trying new margarita recipes. This spicy mint margarita is my next recipe to tackle – Liquor
- Working from home and not sure how to stay productive? Here are some suggestions – The Stripe
- All the info about how you can start making extra money by buying domain names – GoDaddy Blog
- How long does the Coronavirus stay on different surfaces? Here are the early estimates – Refinery 29
- What questions to ask your crush. Their answers could make or break your interest in them – Cosmopolitan