Link-End Round-Up: August 21, 2020
I needed to take a quick breather the past week, because self-care is important. I know when most people hear “self-care”, they think of spa dates and sipping wine while binge watching new shows from the 90s Netflix. Now, those can be examples of self-care, but sometimes self-care involves you trying process how to manage your everyday life. Unfortunately, there are so many distractions that can prevent that from happening.
Recently, I’ve been focusing on how to avoid stressing out and rebuilding my faith in life. For the most part, I’m that person that doesn’t stress too long on much. I usually give myself a day to process it and come up with a solution or understanding. Unfortunately, it’s been taking longer than a day, as of recent. These “moments” are starting to linger longer than usual, which I’m not familiar with dealing with for this amount of time.
Thankfully, I’ve been getting through every obstacle that has occasionally popped up this year. However, the main thing that has helped is knowing that there are others going through a lot more than me. Knowing that helps humble me and dig out whatever mini hole of stress I might fall in. I’m honing in on things that I’m grateful for and will continue to do so.
Here’s to surviving another week and weekend of rest.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: August 21, 2020
- A guide of SPF for black girl’s – Cosmopolitan
- Acid deodorants are a thing and I’m very intrigued – The Stripe
- How to make an ice cream cake at home a.k.a my weekend plans – Epicurious
- The power of low stakes productivity and counting all victories – New York Times
- Check this out if you want to now which The Ordinary products should you use – PopSugar
- I’m so obsessed with this apartment with black art sprinkled throughout – Apartment Therapy
- This article helped me when I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed out of nowhere – Healthline