Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Wait…this is the first Link-End Round-Up of December?! Am I the only one who feels like it has been December for a couple of weeks now? It’s probably due to the fact that we had another week after Thanksgiving before December. You know once Thanksgiving ends, it’s all about Christmas. So, maybe that’s why it feels like it’s the middle of December instead of the first week of December.
Earlier this week, I started cashing out some of the remainder of my vacation/personal days. I had 9.5 days left, which was mind-blowing, at time. Unfortunately, I had to get real strategic with scheduling my days off, because my manager will be taking 2 weeks off when her wife has their baby. Also, my other co-worker had already put in to be out at Christmas and not return until the new year. However, I was able to figure out to use 7 of the days off, but I still have 2.5 to use, which I will break in case of emergency.
I did half a day on Wednesday and Thursday, but took all of today off. Since I’m still searching for a new apartment, that’s what I did yesterday and plan to do some more looking today. It forgot how difficult it is to look for an apartment that meets all your wants, needs, and budget. However, I’m feeling optimistic…for now.
Anyway, here’s to an amazing and abundant weekend of rest and relaxation.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: December 7, 2018
- The downside of work-life balance – James Clear
- Bad habits holding you back at work – The EveryGirl
- 401(k) vs Roth 401(k): How Do You Decide? – Ellevest
- Tips for sharing a bed with a significant other – Domino
- Definitive guide to tipping in any American restaurant – Eater
- How to be creative when you’re stressed out – Harvard Business Review
- 10 things to do on the weekend to make your Mondays productive – Quartz