Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday and Welcome, February!
I feel like this is the second or third year when it felt like January wasn’t going to end. Why does January feel like it lasts for 2 months?! I don’t know why, but it does and I’m taking a personal day today. I need a day off to catch up on some personal things while preparing for this month.
The main thing that happened this week was the ending of my 21-day fast off desserts. Initially, I planned to fast off of sugar, but it was too tedious to avoid all sugar. Sugar is in EVERYTHING! However, I did avoid it as much as possible and I’m super glad that I stuck through it. Plus, through all the praying and diligence, I was able to focus on more positive things and goals. I feel super optimistic and a little giddy about all the things to come.
Although it’s been drastically cold, this weekend it’s suppose to be sunny and in the mid 60s. Therefore, this is the perfect pedicure weather and that’s just what I’m doing in the morning. I hope your weekend is going to be as great as the one I’m planning to have.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: February 1, 2019
- Digital Detox – Does it really work? – Recode
- The Art of Decision-Making – The New Yorker
- Is clutter also making you bad with money – The Cut
- What to change when you move into a new place – LifeHacker
- Top U.S cities that get the most sleep and the less sleep – Calm
- The Feyman Technique: The Best Way to Learn Anything – Farnam Street
- 8 benefits of aloe vera for your skin, according to dermatologist – Prevention