Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday, folks! So, how did the first week of February 2020 treat you? Mine? A blur, but nothing too bad. Well, it did rain most of the week and had the nerve to be freezing cold for a few. Oh, and speaking of freezing – it snowed last night. I mean, it was just a dusty, but I could’ve done without it.
Other than stupid weather and me having to get my other headlight replaced (I got the other one replaced in NYE), this week was decent. After much deliberation and procrastination, I finally started on a passion project. It’s in the very early stages, but I’m enjoying the process. It’s something I work on after work, on the phone, and while laying in bed. Nothing provocative, but it helps me deal with my anxiety and interact with like-minded people. Confused? Well, I might talk about it soon, which will hopefully encourage you to find a passion project or hobby.
This weekend, I want to get some organizing done this weekend. I really need to go to Ikea to pick up some of their wooden hangers, because I’m running out of hangers. Last year, I decided that I wanted all the hangers in my closet to look the same – clean and wooden. I settled in on the ones from Ikea, because they were simple and affordable. I’ve been trying to phase out the plastic ones in my closet, because I’m too old to have a closet with hangers that you can buy 100 of for $5.
In the meantime, please read some of my favorite articles I read this past week. The one about “stashing” made ghosting seem decent, but it also made me seem cold. I’ve stashed someone before and I plan to spend some time this weekend figuring out how to not do it again. Have a great weekend!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: February 7, 2020
- What is ‘stashing’ when it comes to dating – PureWow
- Ever broke out after a facial and wondered why? – Essence
- Fun Valentine’s Day activities you can do this year – The Cut
- How to throw a dinner party like a gallerist – New York Times
- Ways to surprise your loved one for Valentine’s Day – The Everygirl
- The best travel coffee mugs, according to coffee snobs – The Strategist
- What’s the difference between cheap olive oil and expensive olive oil – Domino