Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday, peeps! I had a very emotional week; good and bad emotions. This week, I found myself feeling very sad and sympathetic for the 800,000+ federal workers who haven’t gotten paid in over a month due to the government shutdown. Although a law was just passed that will give these employees back pay when the shutdown ends, it’s not enough. These employees are having to deal with the possibility of evictions, negative credit scores, and not having the money for daily necessities such as food and gas.
Although this situation made me feel grateful that I and no one in my family is currently going through this, it doesn’t outweigh the stress that those 800,000+ people and their families are going through. I just can’t fathom going through this and I pray that this ends sooner than later.
As for my weekend plans? Thankfully, I’ll have a chill weekend, which is just what I need. Last weekend, I did clean out my closet and bagged the clothes I no longer wear. So, I have another closet in my spare bedroom to purge, before I go to Goodwill to drop them off. I’ll do all that on Sunday during halftime of the NFL Playoffs. At this rate, I might not have much to during spring cleaning!
I hope you all have a good weekend and let’s chat some more next week.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: January 18, 2019
- 43 easy sheet-pan dinner recipes – Epicurious
- An introvert’s guide to networking – Ideas.Ted.Com
- 50 ways to live on your own terms – Thought Catalog
- How to tell if your wine has gone bad – Cooking Light
- Small feel-good routines for anyone in need of self-care – Goodful
- What happens to your body when you stop eating sugar – Domino
- How to stay neat and tidy according to organized people – Refinery 29