Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday, peeps! I have to admit that I had a very rough week getting back to blogging and social media after taking last week off. Actually, I’m a little perplexed, because it wasn’t this difficult in the past. However, this path of uncertainty has caused me to start paying more attention to what makes me happy AND grabs my attention. This may sound very “deep”, but it’s really not. Learning how to pour into people, places, and things that nourish your happiness is something we all need to learn.
When I realize something in my life makes me unhappy, angry, and other negative vibes; I look into changing them ASAP. At first, I try to see if I can “repair” what makes me feel this way about said cause. However, if not, I choose to remove it from my life. No negative vibes, just those good, satisfying vibes only.
Next week is my last week in the office before I take a week off from work. However, it’s my annual staycation when I choose to stay under some AC while attempting to be a tourist in my own city. If you haven’t taken a staycation or spent some days from work just lounging, you should do. Your mind, body, and spirit will thank you for the moment of rest.
Although I’m planning to do a staycation in a couple of weeks, the BF brought up us taking a vacation sometime in late August or early September. His birthday is August 24th and mine is September 26, so we’re pondering a date somewhere comfortably in the middle. We aren’t sure where we want to go, but we know we want to be near a beach. Unfortunately, it’s going to still be hurricane season, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Well, here’s to an enjoyable weekend and let’s chat some more next week.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: June 8, 2018
- Simple skincare mistakes you are making – Into The Gloss
- How dogs drive emotional well-being – Psychology Today
- Best ways to get over a breakup, according to science – Time
- Transform your life by transforming your habits – Darius Foroux
- Behaviors you should have outgrown by your 30s – The Zoe Report
- 24 financial hacks anyone can do to improve their finances – Wall Street Insanity
- Work desk and workspace designs that can increase productivity – Business Insider