Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, featuring interesting reads from around the internet.
This week, I enjoyed waking up and slowly getting my day started, which is my norm. I get up before 5:30am 99% of the time. One of the things I love about myself is that I naturally wake up early. I hate the sound of alarms ringing, because they startle me. Plus, they make me feel I’m being rushed. FYI, I hate being rushed. Anyway, this week I slowed down my mornings even more than usual. This week, I cooked filling breakfast, made coffee instead of buying some on the way to work, and tidied up the house. Finding ways to be more mindful is one of my latest hobbies, but I’m still working on it.
This weekend, I need to find and buy a new coffee table. I had to get rid of mine, because it was no longer the big, wood coffee table I fell in love with 8 years ago. I remember me and my then BF finding it the outlet section of a big furniture store. There was a slight dent that caused the price to be dropped from $200 to $75. It was my diamond in the rough. Unfortunately, the paint had faded and there were a couple of spots from me spilling nail polish remover on it. It’s served me and my home for plenty of years, but to the curb it went. However, somebody got it less than 6 hours after putting it out. Hopefully, they will be able to make my diamond in the rough shine again.
Now, time to go find a new one, but I’m thinking glass this time. Since the weather is warm, I wonder will there be some good yard sales popping for me search for one. Maybe I can find another diamond in the rough. Wish me luck!
Anyway, here’s to a great weekend and plans for an awesome next week!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: May 19, 2017
- This massive and beautiful fruit tray is officially on my Memorial Day “to-do” list.
- Questions you should be asking your dermatologist.
- How a broke millennial created her own job and a $100k salary in 4 years.
- How women should invest and diversify their funds.
- 11 ways we ruin our hair. I do about 4-5 of these things. My hair hates me.
- Reasons why renting is good financial decision.
- The differences between Champagne, Prosecco, and Cava. #AskingForAFriend