Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Hey, Friday! I’ve missed you, friend. Glad you’re back!
It felt like last week went by so fast, but this week was the complete opposite. At work alone, there we dealt with so many obstacles. A tornado touched down last Sunday night and knocked power out throughout the area. So, we had to move work to my bosses’ house, which delayed my usual daily work routine. Also, the makeup artist for a photo shoot cancelled at the last minute (20 minutes before). So, I had to be promoted from shoot assistant to makeup artist, which is the last thing I thought I thought I would have to do that day. All of this happened on Monday alone.
Yesterday morning, I woke up with feeling slightly queasy, but still went to work. Around lunchtime, I had to leave for the day, because I felt a storm brewing and spent the rest of the day going through it. I’m pretty sure I got food poisoning from some sushi I bought at a local healthy grocery chain. Laytee – 0 Supermarket sushi – 1
So, I’m at home today to rest my body with water, Gatorade, and lounging in bed. It’s raining today and tomorrow, which means it’s going to be a lazy weekend for me. Here’s to a relaxing weekend and enjoy this week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: October 25, 2019
- Stop skipping breakfast – for real – The Cut
- Why women’s shoes are painful – The Atlantic
- How to avoid the productivity trap at work – The Everygirl
- What happens when you actually walk 10,000 steps a day – Domino
- Podiatrists want us to avoid wearing these shoes this fall – WhoWhatWear
- Why the tradition of Sunday dinners is sacred for African American – ZORA
- This list of modernized classic first-date questions made me chuckle – The New Yorker