Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Finish the first week of October 2017 strong? Check.
One of the things I love about October is that it’s the final quarter of the year and the feeling of “now or never” starts to sink in me. I always feel like I work better under pressure. In college, there were plenty of times that I wrote an A+ paper the day before it was due. Don’t get me wrong, I looked and felt like crap when I turned it in, but those papers looked beautiful. Therefore, I thrive in “back against the wall” moments.
This month, I’ve challenged myself to a couple of things. One thing I challenged myself is to no fast food. I hope to accomplish a few things from this challenge; save more money, eat healthier, and to stop looking for the easy way out of a everyday need. This year, I got real comfortable doing a lot of things that shouldn’t be doing. So, that needs stop.
As for this weekend, I finally have a weekend when I don’t have anything to do, other than go to church. This lazy weekend is much needed, because last month stretched me all over the place. I don’t know when I did what last month, including my birthday. I need a drink, a nap, and to be left alone; in that order. Not to mention, all these horrible situations that have been happening. It’s time to chill and recharge my mind, body, and soul.
In the meantime, I hop you have a great weekend and find some moments to be like the fall weather and chill.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: October 6, 2017
- Compare your income to other people your age. Interesting.
- Ways to avoid work burnout as you age.
- Is the size of your table making you eat too much? Maybe.
- 10 hard things to start doing for yourself. Number 3 has been so hard for me.
- Fun and mostly legal ways to celebrate fall.
- What’s with the fear of taking a sick day?
- Also, stop apologizing for late email responses. I need to work on this myself.