Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday, friends!
So, am I the only one that feels like this didn’t feel like a short week? Since I had a long and busy holiday weekend, I was so exhausted when I went to work on Tuesday. Plus, I was welcomed back with over 3,000 emails – most were spam. Nonetheless, I’m so happy to see Friday again. Yes, Lord!
I’m craving a weekend in with no plans, but this ain’t the weekend. Tomorrow afternoon, I have a meeting then church that evening. Sunday, church in the morning and a baby shower in the afternoon. So, another long, but fulfilling weekend.
Oh, I forgot to acknowledge that it’s September – one of my favorite months. September brings my birthday, my nephew’s (1st) birthday, and the beginning of Fall. Although summer heat isn’t letting up, I’m still ready for fall. *whispers*I’ve even had some pumpkin spice pumps in my iced coffee. Shhh.
Not to mention, I’m so ready to start adding some fall vibes to my living space. However, I’ll wait to break out the fall colors and pumpkin smells until the weather cools down. I can’t enjoy fall smells while wiping sweat off my upper lip.
In the meantime, I hope you check out some of my favorite things I read online this week.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: September 6, 2019
- Why was it easier to be skinny in the 80s – The Atlantic
- How to get dewy skin, no matter your skin type – Byrdie
- Are you mixing a mojito right? (I wasn’t, apparently.) – Liquor
- 9 real statistics about long-distance relationships – Refinery29
- Recipes for portable, on-the-go breakfast – The Washington Post
- What is tongue scraping and should you be doing it? Probably. – The Everygirl
- These heartwarming stories of teachers’ influence on their students made me tear up – Reader’s Digest