110 degrees. No, exclamation point needed at the end of that number. Those are the numbers we have been hiding from in the coolest rooms in our homes while in front of a fan, here in Memphis. Also, that number is not heat index people, that’s pure actual degrees. Yep, I’m hiding for a moment. Luckily for me, I’m smack dab in the middle of a mini-vacay I scheduled. I took a few days off from work to go visit my new 1 1/2 week old nephew, Ethan, and welcome the arrival of my goddaughter, Charli! So, don’t be shocked if you see some fly baby clothes post pop up here and there. Just a small warning for you gals…and gents?….oh, well.
Anyway, I’m taking the weathermen’ advice and avoiding having to go outside at all possible costs. As I pour myself another tall glass of ice water, please partake in the list of things I’m lusting for this super hot month of July.
- Neon High Heel Sandal, $89.90, Zara – I think it’s almost pretty official that you need an all neon sandal in your closet for the summer, be it a canvas sneaker or flip flops. However, I fancy this neon yellow high heel sandal from Zara. The classic and simple style is lovely and the bright color is AWESOME!
- Michael Kors ‘Bradshaw’ Watch, $250, Nordstrom – A Michael Kors watch. Yep, another one on this site, but this Bradshaw style is fabulous. Gold AND Rose Gold?! I’m sold. Let me be honest, I’m pretty much sold on all MK watches, but this one is stalker-worthy.
- Satin Ditsy Dot Joggers, $22.80, Forever21+ – Satin harem plus size pants. Sounds dangerous and it can be, IF you get the wrong size. However, these look super chic and comfy. Plus they can be dressed up with a pair of fancy heels and blazer or dressed down in flip flops and a white tank.
- Mary Katrantzou for Longchamp Handbag, $150, Nordstrom – I’ve been wanting a Longchamp bag and a nice roomy floral print bag for white tee and jeans kind of days. So, why not kill 2 birds with one stone with this Mary Katrantzou bag? Perfect and timeless, in my humble opinion.
- The Little Mermaid, $19.75, Amazon.com – Disney and their stupid vault! I’ve been wanting and waiting for The Little Mermaid to be released from that crappy vault for more than a while now. However, I see some people are selling some copies on Amazon and I might just have to take one of these vendors up on there offer. Nothing sounds better right now than plopping down on my sofa with a fan directly blowing on me and my favorite cold beverage while singing “Under The Sea” and “Kiss The Girl”, along with Sebastian (who I named my cat after, by the way)!
- Avington Buffet, $279.99, Target – There’s a bare wall in my dining room area just begging for a buffet table. However, I was thinking about making more of a mini bar for entertaining. I need something modern with dark or black wood to match the rest of my decor. This buffet from Target is pretty much just what I want and it has a wine rack on the bottom. Target always know and have what I want.