Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
Yoooo!, we made it to have way mark of the year; June! I think June is the dopest month of the summer, because everything feels relaxed, fresh, and carefree. School is out for those still getting their education, those of us with 9-5 start cashing in our vacation days, and the weekends are popping with things to do since the annual heatwave doesn’t show up until July. Oh, and June is when we officially enter summer. Like I said, June is dope!
In the summer, I feel the most creative and energized for doing and creating new things in my life. This can include trying a different hairstyle (I’m thinking braids for the summer), a home decor project (Am I finally going to paint my walls this summer?), or take a spontaneous solo road trip (Hot Springs, AR for a weekend…maybe.). Whatever it is, I’m starting to feel some changes making way through my life this summer and I’m already anxious.
Aside from tackling some much need R&R and summer reading, I plan to explore being a little extra. Actually, I’ve already begun my finally breaking out of my all grey everything and minimalism phases. I might revert back to that, because it did make my life a little easier. However, it’s time to get uncomfortable, folks! Time to peel myself away from my computer more, wear something bright everyday, and enjoy life more. You should, too!
For now, please have a look at the things I’m wanting this month!
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2017
- Cube Projector – A portable projector that lets you display video from your phone, laptop, tablets, and gaming systems.
- Cane + Austin Prime & Mattifying Primer w/ SPF 50 – It’s mattifying primer season. I’ve been wanting to try Cane + Austin for awhile and this primer is going to the first thing. Plus, it has SPF 50 in it, too!
- Tennessee Map Poster – For the past month, I’ve been wanting to find an old looking map of my home state of Tennessee to hang in my living room. This one taken from a survey many years ago is perfect.
- Air Max 90 SE – Air Max 90 is my favorite style of sneaker ever, because the silhouette is so slick and I truly believe is office-friendly in the right colorway. The floral print is going to look so sick this summer paired with white jeans. Trust me!
- Novel Duffel Bag – Last summer, I bought and loved a camoflauge Herschel Supply duffel bag that I was wearing out to distress it a little. Unfortunately, one of my best friends loved it, too. Long story short. I lost it in a bet to him, because I just knew that the Falcons were going to win the Super Bowl. Now, I need a new duffel bag and this palm print by Herschel Supply is summer ready. FYI, Herschel Supply makes some of the best bags. THE. BEST.