Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
We’re quickly lapping around to the finish line of 2017, which is crazy! Personally, I’m glad this year has been going by pretty fast, because it’s been such a stressful year. Everything from personal issues to global issues has me wondering my I don’t cradle a bottle of wine every night before bed. Either way, I’m still happy and appreciative to still be alive.
November is actually going to be a little busy for me. Aside from the obvious Thanksgiving holiday, my sister’s birthday is this month and one of my favorite people/friend is getting married this month. Also, I have to start preparing for the Christmas holiday shopping season, which is stressful.
Speaking of Christmas, people/stores keep rushing Christmas more and more every year. This year, there were some stores that had some Christmas decorations up in the beginning of September. I’m talking to you, Michaels. However, once November 1 hits, all the pumpkins turn to Santa Clauses and you hear Christmas music everywhere. Actually, this morning on my way to work, the old school hip hop station changed into a Christmas station overnight. Like…WTF?! And I don’t mean it went from playing old school hip hop to playing hip hop and R&B Christmas music. Nope, they were playing traditional Christmas music and my face was stuck on stupid and awe for about 2 songs just to make sure I wasn’t hearing things. Well, I guess November now marks the beginning of Christmas with a little Thanksgiving speed bump at the mid way point.
Anyway, for the past couple of months, I’ve been trying to step out of my basic and usual clothing options. So, you will notice that the things I’m wanting this months are items that are not that simple or basic, but I’m loving them.
LUST-HAVE LIST: November 2017
- Jeffrey Campbell Bollero Scarf Loafers – I was browsing for a pair of shiny loafers, but ran across these shiny loafers with the satin scarf detail. These will look amazing paired with black ankle trousers and black crew top.
- Ouai Rose Hair and Body Oil – As you know, I love a good body oil. I’ve been wanting to try some products from Ouai for a moment and I think this is going to be the first one. Plus, it makes you smell like roses from head to toe.
- Coloured Faux Fur Trim Parka – This bright yellow faux fur trim parka called my name. I love that it looks fun and chic and the same time.
- Oversized Envelope Clutch Bag – It’s clutch bag season. An oversized clutch is must-have piece to help transition from work to after hours holiday parties.
- We’re Going To Need More Wine book by Gabrielle Union – I always feel guilty buying new books when I already have plenty that are unread. However, I’ve been hearing great things about this book from Gabrielle Union and she’s one of my favs. Plus, can you really have too many books? I don’t think so.