I don’t know about you, but meditation has always been one of those “things” that every one who is in tune and successful in their life practice, but has always seemed a little too time consuming to me.
In the past, I would look at meditation as a waste of time. I mean, why not take that 15-30 of sitting on the floor, quietly breathing and use that time to actually get things done. However, after test driving meditation for myself, I have found that it has completely helped transform my life, including the way I look at doing things all together.
Aside from breakfast and exercise, meditation is one the best things you can do at the beginning of your day to help you attain a peaceful and fulfilling day.
Quick steps to meditating:
- find a quiet and relaxing space that encompasses things that are calming to you (i.e. candles/incense, streaming water, sounds of nature)
- sit in a comfortable, upright pose while sitting on your legs crossed and avoid slumping.
- sit still, while deeply breathing in and out
- focus on clearing your mind. Hard to do? Try the counting method.
There are many benefits of meditating, even for as little as 15 minutes a day. So, I would like to share a few of my favorite benefits that I’ve noticed in myself since I’ve started to meditate on a regular basis.
- Reduces Stress – Stress is one of the gateway emotions to an unhealthy life. So, anything that helps you eliminate that demonic presence from your life should be added to your daily regimen.
- Increases Energy – My lack of energy is one of the main reasons I looked into meditation. I do so much running around for myself and others that I usually don’t have enough time to relax and get a decent night of sleep. So, meditation has helped me relax more, which, in return, increased my energy.
- Increases Happiness – I’m a happiness encourager. So, anything that encourages happiness, I’m all in. I think that meditating helps increase happiness, because it also helps to reduce and omit stress from your life. Life – Stress = HAPPINESS!
- Encourages a Healthy Lifestyle – Healthy lifestyle starts from within and the act of clearing your mind, eliminating stressful entities, and increased energy brought on from meditation can motivate you to look into other healthy lifestyle adjustments.
- Increases Productivity – No extra and unnecessary things on my your mind makes room for more positive things to do and/or things that you have been putting off to finally get done.
If you are looking for more in-depth information about meditation, including breathing, benefits, and resources check out this link. Namaste’.