As a person with oily skin, I know firsthand how tedious and tricky it can be to find and try the right products to use, especially make-up. Over the past decade (or two), I’ve tried numerous skincare and make-up products that are formulated for oily skin. Some of the oily skin make-up products that I’ve tried have been major busts while some have been beyond amazing.
When you have oily skin, you should look for make-up that is formulated to give you a oil-free and matte look. So, I decided to list the products that I think would help those with oily skin create a flawless and shine-free make-up routine. These products are some of my all-time favorites and a couple of them are products I will probably use for the rest of my life.
Oily Skin Make-Up Staples:
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel – Clinique’s dramatically different moisturizer is iconic and amazing on it’s own. However, if you have oily skin, the gel formula is perfect. It hydrates the skin while quickly melting into the skin and leaving no residue.
- Dr. Brandt pores no more pore refiner primer – Most people who suffer from oily skin also tend to have enlarged pore. This primer from Dr. Brandt helps minimize the appearance of pores while priming the skin to keep you make-up on and flawless throughout the day.
- Revlon Colorstay foundation for Oily/Combo Skin – Out of all the foundations I’ve tried in my life, this Revlon one is definitely in the top 3. The combination/oil skin formula dries semi-matte, gives great coverage and is buildable. Plus, it’s available in multiple shades.
- Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder – Make Up Forever Loose Powder is pretty great for every complexion. However, if you have oily skin and/or love a matte face look, let me point you to the super matte formula. Sets you make-up and it’s very light and blendable.
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Setting Spray – The MUFE loose powder is amazing at giving you a long-lasting matte finish. However, you might still want to have a setting spray in the routine. Urban Decays’ De-Slick Setting Spray is designed to control oily skin. If you don’t want a less matte, slightly dewy look, replace the loose powder with this spray or use it to refresh and absorb any excess oil throughout the day. I keep a travel size bottle in my purse and at my desk. Love this setting spray!
If you have oily skin, feel free to share some of your favorite make-up and skincare products for oily skin.