With the introduction of capsule collections and designer colabarations, many mass department retailers are really trying to increase their spot as a go-to place to find to get trendy clothes at affordable prices. Lately, Wal-Mart has really been trying to break through tp fashionistas and recessionistas wallets by offering trendier clothes and vast beauty and makeup lines with exclusive lines with Norma Kamali and carrying cosmetic line Hard Candy.
Now, Wal-mart is trying to get more exposure to their beauty and fashion departments via Social Networks like FaceBook and Twitter. Also, they have created a new program called Get The Look, which showcases beauty and fashion looks at an affordable price and, of course, can be found at Wal-Mart and WalMart.com.
They have kicked off the program with a Norma Kamali All-In-One dress, which I included in this month’s Lust-Have list. They also mention which Hard Candy make-up and accessories you should use to complete the look. CHERRY ON TOP ALERT: The whole look is UNDER $50! Can’t beat that!
To see the first look featuring the Norma Kamali dress, check out Wal-Mart.com Get The Look page.
One of my fav networks to lounge around and watch non-stop, Style Network, is premiering a new show tomorrow called What I Hate About Me. When I first heard the title, all I thought was it was going to showcase various low self-esteem, borderline depressed, and overall pathetic women just listing hundreds of things that they hate about themselves. After the self-induced waterworks, there would be therapists to analyze why they felt that way and how not feel that way and then in the end the women would be cured and proclaim that they loved themselves to a round of applause and pats on the back.
Thankfully, this show is not quite like that. What I Hate About Me has real women admit their real flaws that bother them and introduce some style and beauty experts that share tricks and tips to help them get rid of those pesky dislikes. The dislikes range from everything from removing that diabolical moustache hair that some of us women grow all the way to creating a lovely living space in place of the boring and bland one that irks you.
Simply put, if you are looking for a self-help show that’s low on the intense psych 101 talk and more on the fun way to deal and eliminate the imperfections that bother you and most women, then I suggest you catch Style’s new show What I Hate About Me when it premieres tomorrow night 9/8c!
*Dear FTC, I was NOT paid to write this post!
Yep, I’m bringing back Stained Couture’s monthly Lust-Have List. I was trying to find a way to bring it back and why not at the beginning of a new year. So, here the January 2010 edition of SC’s Lust-have List!
- A. Stone Blossom Clutch ($22) – I have said before, I’m not really a clutch person. So, when a clutch catches my brown eyes, it must be lovely. This embellished dainty clutch from Forever 21 is sparkly enough for night, but would also work for running errands in jeans and ballet flats.
- B. The Ivory Watch by Nixon ($350) – Ooohh, men’s watches on women is one trend that I don’t want to see disappear anytime soon this year. I have a couple that I love intensely. I really love the bangle feel and look they have. Although, my BF doesn’t get the chicness of it, I love men style watches. This Ivy watch by Nixon looks uber stylish and goes with any look or style. A true investment piece for the new year.
- C. Norma Kamali for Walmart All-in-One Jersey Dress ($24) – You gotta love an affordable and versatile piece in your closet. This multi-convertible dress from Norma Kamali’s collection for Wal-mart is pretty incredible. You can wear it 6 different ways and since its jersey, which means its appropriate all year! Bonus feature for my fellow curvy chicks: It goes all the way up to sixe XXL! Yippeee!
- D. Rebecca Taylor Daisy Silk Chiffon Top ($275) – So pretty! White silk chiffon + black lace = timeless. Since its chiffon, this would make a great late winter to spring transition piece.
- E. Nike Dunk High Skinny ($100) – I want a new pair of Nike High Dunks and this shimmery gold and black pair would make me super happy. Like walking on gold disco balls! lol
- F. Estee Lauder Sensuous set ($82.50) – My sister and I bought this gift set for my mom for Christmas and it smells incredible! It smells soft and, hence its name, very sensuous. My mom loves it, but since we tend to take toward the same scents and I picked it, I love it, too! We got her the largest set that includes a large bottle of the perfume, body cream, shower cream, and purse travel bottle. I begged for the travel bottle, but too no avail. So, I guess I’m going to have to buy my own bottle or at least lotion. I love it, but I was just thrilled that my mom did, too!
So, that ends January 2010’s Lust-Have list. I plan to scratch these off my list ASAP or when ever my bank account gives me the thumbs up!
Okay, this might be so hard to believe considering I run a couple of fashion blogs, but in the past year, I haven’t done much shopping.
Don’t get it twisted, I have copped a couple of things here and there, but not as much as I have in past years. The main reason is because earlier this year, I moved into a new apartment of my own with no roommate. So, I found myself hitting the home decor aisles and sections way more than the clothing and accessories rack.
However, now that my place is pretty much set, in the upcoming year I plan to devote more time and attention to re-stocking my closet. Fortunately, Santa gifted me with plenty of gift cards this season! Just what I wanted!
One of the first gift cards I plan to drain is one valued at $50 that my brother’s girlfriend(Smooches, Tess!) dropped in my stocking. The first thing I grabbed with it are these Lace Allure booties. Obviously, these are a soft knock-off of Louboutins, but I so can’t wait for these to arrive next week!
I love Jessica Szohr! See’s definitely a nice calmness to the dram filled Gossip Girl. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the chance to get into GG this season. So, I will start playing catch-up in the next couple of weeks. Shh, don’t spoil it for me!
However, in the meantime, check out Miss Szohr on the February cover of Teen Vogue. The issue hits stands on January 9th.