New month. New season. New needs. New wants. Yep, that what September is all about to me, PLUS, it’s my birthday month!
I’m so happy that it’s FINALLY getting cooler outside and I can reach for cardigans, denim jackets, and layering scarves! I love Fall fashions! So, here are a list of some things that I lusting for in September and would also make great birthday gifts…hint, hint!
- Chiffon Double-Layered Skirt, $42, American Apparel – Cute skirt! Although the skirt is made of chiffon, it makes a great layering and transitional piece. Imagine pairing this skirt with some brown tights and boots, a cream top, and denim jacket? Sounds fab, right?!
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Silk Top, $175, Net-A-Porter – Such a lovely way to switch out summer tees into chic tops. A casual shape with a luxe feel and look!
- Dooney & Bourke ‘Pocket’ Shopper, $198, Nordstrom – This tote is HUGE! It has all the roominess you need in tote this fall to carry all your essentials, including books and makeup. Let us not forget about the outside. The bag is made of durable nylon and accented with Dooney & Bourke’s grained leather, which I love, and the bright red lining!
- Cecelia Wedge Booties, $130, Aldo – What is about wedges that scream “Fall” to me? I don’t know, but a pair of wedge nuetral color wedge booties are just what my shoe closet needs this season. They go with almost every casual fall look your closet can cough up and office ‘fits, too!
- Lancome Artliner in Aubergine, $29.50, Sephora – Hands down, Lancome’s Artliner is my FAVORITE liquid liner! It’s goes on smooth and stays on all day, with virtually no smudging…unless my allergies in the mood to create a tear fest. Anyway, I love my Artliner in Noir (black) and I need to go buy another one, because I just ran out. While I’m buying that one, I need to grab it’s burgundy red sister, Aubergine. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been straying away from eyeshadows and have opted to just wear mascara and occasionally a swipe of liner. This liner would be a nice in between, for the days when I want a little extra something, but not too noticeable. The deep red is fall friendly and would work with most skintones.
- Shrunken Blazer, $110, TopShop – Fall is the official kick-off of blazer season and I think it’s safe to say that shrunken blazers aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. This peach blazer from TopShop will add a touch of softness to the darker colors of fall, especially when paired with some dark wash jeans, scarf, and brown boots.
And that’s that!
I can almost feel and smell summer. One reason I can tell, other than the abundance of graduation invites and me frequently blasting my AC in the car, is the number of music festivals about to begin. I guess you can say Coachella started them off (I’m still freaking out over that Tupac halogram…eekk!) I’m going to Memphis Beale Street festival this weekend myself, to do a little people watching and music listening. Fun times. Either way…Hey, May!!!
Here are some of the things that I’m lusting for this month.
- Dooney & Bourke Florentine Crossbody, $158, Nordstrom – This weekend and most weekends to be honest, the last thing I’ve been wanting to grab is my big bag du jour, because it tends to leave me with just one free hand to hold a drink, phone, money, and other stuff as I try to enjoy the life. So, a crossbody will be my best friend this weekend and probably a plethora of other carefree days this summer and I’m really loving the sleek, colorful, and utilitarian style of this one from Dooney & Bourke thanks to the zippered pockets, yes, POCKETS! Sometimes you need more than one compartment on a small purse. So, kudos, Dooney & Bourke!
- Stud Shoulder Sweat, $68, TopShop – I’ve been obsessed with crop tops and thin sweat shirts. So, this is pretty much an ultimate piece to find and the studs are cherries on top. The blushy rose color is lovely and not too dark for spring and summer.
- Jordan Retro 10 Stealth, $149.99, Finish Line – Yep, I’m still in sneaker mode and my fondness for Jordans is back as if I was still in junior high begging my dad to get me all the Concord colorways, especially the white and Carolina blue pair, which I hear will be re-released this winter. YAY!! Anyway, I want these and plus I do need a pair of black high tops and why not get the best?!
- Charles Albert Solid Hammered Bangles, $135, Shopbop.com – Hammered gold bangles for the summer? YES!! I’m loving these from Charles Albert and so did Keri Hilson who was recently spotted wearing them. They will go with practically any and every thing. Love.
- Passion Fruit Crush Lip & Cheek Stain, $24, Stila – When it comes to make up in the hotter the months; the less the better! Also, I’m REALLY into peach anything right now, including make-up. From Essie’s Tart Deco on my nails to random peach hued lippies cluttering up my makeup bag, I’m loving peach and would love to include this lip/cheek stain from Stila in the peachy keen fun.
- Mossimo Pocket V-Neck Tees, $8, Target – I want this shirt in every shade they make! I already have it in white, grey, and peach, of course(read above.) However, I have a feeling that I’m going to need them all, because they are comfy, chic, and perfection. This pastel purple one? I needed it..like….YESTERDAY!
There you have it, some things I’m lusting for this wonderful month of May. What about you? What do you need/lust for this month? Share…PLEASE?!?!?!
The past couple days, I’ve found myself swiping my card at the mall. When I got home and sat on my bed to assess the damage, I noticed that I bought a mini collection of navy. Everything from navy bras and panties to the navy greasestick in M.A.C.’s Art Supplies collection. So, I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of my love of navy for spring. Keep reading to see some of my favorite navy items I want for spring.
I have a feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg of designer iPad cases.
Today, the Apply released the much anticipated iPad and Dooney introduced their iPad cases. Keep reading to see the colors available.