With the introduction of capsule collections and designer colabarations, many mass department retailers are really trying to increase their spot as a go-to place to find to get trendy clothes at affordable prices. Lately, Wal-Mart has really been trying to break through tp fashionistas and recessionistas wallets by offering trendier clothes and vast beauty and makeup lines with exclusive lines with Norma Kamali and carrying cosmetic line Hard Candy.
Now, Wal-mart is trying to get more exposure to their beauty and fashion departments via Social Networks like FaceBook and Twitter. Also, they have created a new program called Get The Look, which showcases beauty and fashion looks at an affordable price and, of course, can be found at Wal-Mart and WalMart.com.
They have kicked off the program with a Norma Kamali All-In-One dress, which I included in this month’s Lust-Have list. They also mention which Hard Candy make-up and accessories you should use to complete the look. CHERRY ON TOP ALERT: The whole look is UNDER $50! Can’t beat that!
To see the first look featuring the Norma Kamali dress, check out Wal-Mart.com Get The Look page.
Yep, I’m bringing back Stained Couture’s monthly Lust-Have List. I was trying to find a way to bring it back and why not at the beginning of a new year. So, here the January 2010 edition of SC’s Lust-have List!
- A. Stone Blossom Clutch ($22) – I have said before, I’m not really a clutch person. So, when a clutch catches my brown eyes, it must be lovely. This embellished dainty clutch from Forever 21 is sparkly enough for night, but would also work for running errands in jeans and ballet flats.
- B. The Ivory Watch by Nixon ($350) – Ooohh, men’s watches on women is one trend that I don’t want to see disappear anytime soon this year. I have a couple that I love intensely. I really love the bangle feel and look they have. Although, my BF doesn’t get the chicness of it, I love men style watches. This Ivy watch by Nixon looks uber stylish and goes with any look or style. A true investment piece for the new year.
- C. Norma Kamali for Walmart All-in-One Jersey Dress ($24) – You gotta love an affordable and versatile piece in your closet. This multi-convertible dress from Norma Kamali’s collection for Wal-mart is pretty incredible. You can wear it 6 different ways and since its jersey, which means its appropriate all year! Bonus feature for my fellow curvy chicks: It goes all the way up to sixe XXL! Yippeee!
- D. Rebecca Taylor Daisy Silk Chiffon Top ($275) – So pretty! White silk chiffon + black lace = timeless. Since its chiffon, this would make a great late winter to spring transition piece.
- E. Nike Dunk High Skinny ($100) – I want a new pair of Nike High Dunks and this shimmery gold and black pair would make me super happy. Like walking on gold disco balls! lol
- F. Estee Lauder Sensuous set ($82.50) – My sister and I bought this gift set for my mom for Christmas and it smells incredible! It smells soft and, hence its name, very sensuous. My mom loves it, but since we tend to take toward the same scents and I picked it, I love it, too! We got her the largest set that includes a large bottle of the perfume, body cream, shower cream, and purse travel bottle. I begged for the travel bottle, but too no avail. So, I guess I’m going to have to buy my own bottle or at least lotion. I love it, but I was just thrilled that my mom did, too!
So, that ends January 2010’s Lust-Have list. I plan to scratch these off my list ASAP or when ever my bank account gives me the thumbs up!