Many years ago, an older lady gave a piece of advice regarding Valentine’s Day. She told me to buy myself something every Valentine’s Day – rather I’m single or not. Now, it’s rarely anything super extravagant, but I have spoiled myself a couple of times. Although I’m one of those people that could care less about Valentine’s Day, I still try to do something special for me. I think of it as self-care, plus it helps remove the feeling of expecting someone to give you an amazing gift. It’s okay to look for gifts to give yourself.
I mean, you can still want it, but what if you give yourself something first? *shrugs* Anyway, keep reading to see 5 gifts to give yourself for Valentine’s Day. However, these are also amazing gifts to receive. So, feel free to send this post to drop a few hints to someone special.
Valentine’s Day Gifts To Give Yourself:
- Personal Day for a Spa Day – Personally, I haven’t had a good spa day in years. Plus, treating yourself to a day of pampering is a perfect example of self-care. Even if going to a spa is not in the budget, you can give yourself a luxe feeling at-home facial.
- Personalized Jewelry – I will admit, I prefer to receive jewelry – specifically diamonds. However, this year, I ordered myself some 14k initial earrings – a L and a D. I was eyeing some simple gold necklaces, but I’ve been wanting some real gold initial earrings forever.
- Fancy Lunch – Oh, I’m definitely treating myself to a nice lunch on Friday – no $5 Subway combo for me. I’m trying to decide do I want a smorgasbord of sushi or go all in with steak. I’m good either way. Also, I chose lunch, because all the dinner spots are probably booked up and going to be filled with couples. Not into that energy when single.
- Sexy, Cozy Pajamas – It might be hard to think that sexy and cozy pajamas exist, but they do. A pair of silk or cashmere pajamas feel so good to slip after a long day of being fine with being single on V-Day. This tie-dye satin pajama short set is so fab! It looks chic enough to wear out.
- Pricey Bottle of Wine – Listen, I know that $4.99 bottle of wine from the grocery store hits the spot most days. However, treat yourself to a bottle that costs more than the amount of change in car console. Treat yo’ self. Love yo’ self! If not a bottle of wine, then some new fancy wine glasses would work, too. My favorite wine glass at the moment is the Dorset Cordial red wine glass from William-Sonoma.