Looking to find a good, inspirational and motivational read to help you take hold of the life you want, then you might want to pick up or order #GIRLBOSS from Sophia Amorusa.
In case you didn’t know, Amorusa is the brainchild behind NastyGal.com which is one of the biggest and largest-growing online retailers. This book gives you an inside look at the fascinating, yet rocky, road that Amorusa traveled to get to not only her dream job, but creating one of the most respected online stores and story.
I’m adding this to the list books I’m acquiring, because reading is definitely beginning to become one of my favorited revisited hobbies.
Premium Crackle Stone Earrings, $60, TopShop
This spring, I’m declaring that I will be all about the ornate and colorful earrings. The brighter, the better. So, I’m feeling these cute, colorful, and sparkly earrings from TopShop. Adorabably fab.
Nia Long will forever be one of my girl crushes. She just exudes confidence, sexiness, and class. Not to mention, homegirl is well into her 40s and barely looks in her 30s. I swoon hardcore for her.
Anyway, she’s covering the April issue of Essence magazine and looking flawless in the process.
Apparently, skin cleansing balms are the next big thing in skin care and I’ve become curious to find and try out for myself. Cleansing balms are really geared toward people with very dry skin and need extra moisture in ever step of their skincare regimen, including the cleansing step. Balms add moisture instead of stripping, unlike a lot cleansers. So, if dry skin is a problem for you, then you might want to add a balm to your skincare regimen.
If you are like me and want to try this latest trend, but don’t know where to start, here are some of the more popular lines on the market that fit various needs.
- No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm, $8.49, Ulta – Like with any trend, beauty or fashion, it’s not necessarily the smartest thing to buy the most expensive product on the market, Sometimes, it’s best to work your way up. So, this cleansing balm from No 7 might the first stepping stone for many of you.
- REN Rosa Centifolia No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm, $48, Sephora – If you have sensitive skin and are looking for a balm that is gentle, but thorough, the balm by REN is perfect. It gentle removes make-up, even that diabolical waterproof mascara without stripping or aggravating your skin.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, $28.50, Clinique – If you aren’t too keen on the REN price point, Clinique who is also known for their 100% hypo-allergenic products has an alternative that’s non-greasy, non-drying and great for ALL skin types.
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm, $60, TimeToSpa.com – Elemis makes a cleansing balm that contains collagen and other anti-aging ingredients. So, if anti-aging is something you’re concerned about, as do I, then you might want to try this one from Elemis.
- Cleanser 27 Cleansing Balm, $80, Dermstore.com – When it comes to cleansing balms, this is one of the creme de la creme on the market, So, if you have the deep pockets to start at the top, then you could start with this one from M.E SkinLab. Not only does this one gently cleanses, but it also acts as an exfoliator and moisturizer. You have to love a fab 2-fer,
Just a little nostalgia with some explicit lyrics. Anything “Clueless’ related or inspired, I’m always about it *insert “Rolling with the Homies” hand motions*.
Just when I thought I was over the whole hidden wedge sneakers, I saw the latest offering from Converse under their staple Chuck Taylor line. With over two inches of a concealed wedge, the Chuck Taylor All Star Platform Plus gives your feet a dramatic burst of bold of color.
Available Colors: Black, Diva Pink, Nightshade, White. $80 USD at Converse.com and select Converse retailers.
I actually want them in all colors, even the black and I usually don’t like all black sneakers, but these will do.
Alexis Bittar Encrusted Fish Hook Ring, $95, ShopBop.com
Isn’t his little bauble lovely? It would make a great everyday piece. It’s chic enough to wear to the office, but sparkles for a night on the town.
It’s March 2014 and my car is outside still partially covered with remnants from a snow storm that hit Memphis on Sunday night/early Monday morning. Oh, did I mention that just 2 days prior on Saturday, it was sunny and in the 70s? Well, it was and that one day alone made me super anxious for the warmer days.
The thing I’m lusting for the most this month,AGAIN, is Spring. In the meantime, these will do, as well.
- Desert Cool Woven Jumpsuit, $24.80, Forever 21 – Last spring, I finally stopped being self-conscious of my extra curves and thick legs and bought, wore, and enjoyed wearing dresses. Not too mention, I got tons of compliments and can’t wait to break them out this year. However, I would also like to try rompers. Although I’m not keen on the idea of having to practically get undressed to go the bathroom, I’m still down to try a romper this year and I’m loving this one from Forever 21+. Cute.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Never Say Never, $25, Sephora – A velvet matte pencil in a lilac rose color is just the lippie that my make-up bag is missing for Spring.
- Saffiano Tote Bag, $72, TopShop - A cobalt tote? Yes, please! A pleasant and lovely punch of color for Spring.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro, $399, Amazon.com – Last week, I introduced my little sister to the amazing world of Netflix and almost instantly regretted it, because she would take my laptop every night and binge watch every movie and TV show her heart desired. I got fed up and surprised her with a new Samsung Galaxy tablet this weekend and she loves it and so do I. Therefore, I want one, too! Tablets are great!
- Jeffrey Campbell Rives Sandal, $158, NastyGal.com – Chunky, flat, silver sandal. Why do I want these? I don’t know. All I know is that I’ve mentally concocted about 20 different outfits around these.