I hope y’all know that you’re supposed to wear sunscreen everyday. Please say you know that even if hot or cold and sunny or rainy – you need sunscreen. I still get annoyed that I spent the first half of my life overlooking sunscreen. I seriously used to spend hours on hours outside with no sunscreen. The fact that I still have skin and no skin cancer is proof that my God is an awesome God.However, now that I know better, I’m a huge advocate for sunscreen. There have been times when I forgot to apply sunscreen and went a bought a new one. I have at least 3 different sunscreens at home. Not to mention, I keep that thang in my car next to my hand sanitizer. When it comes to sunscreen, I don’t play! Now look at me, I have a list of my personal best sunscreens.
Honestly, using sunscreen religiously and everyday is the best skincare product and tip you need. However, if you’re still trying to find the best sunscreen for you, keep reading to see my top 5 at the moment.
A few days ago, the Sephora VIB sale started where Rouge members can get up to 20% off their order. Unfortunately, I’m not a Rouge member, but I am a VIB. So, I had to wait until yesterday to start filling up my cart to get 15% things I’ve been eyeing. Although I’m pretty confident that I won’t be getting all the items currently in there, but I feel like I need everything in there.
Before I trim the fabulous fat of luxe skincare, take a glance at what’s in there now.
EMPTIES: March 2021
What, I’m actually posting my EMPTIES post in a single digit date of the month?! Yes, your girl is trying to do better in all aspects of her life, including my little corner of the internet. However, this going to be a pretty quick post, because I only used up 2 products last month. Keep reading to see what I used up and my final review.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
How has April been treating you so far? Mines has been pretty good – despite having to pay taxes for the first time in years and still waiting on my third stimmy. *insert eyeroll*
However, my new place is starting to actually look and feel like my new home. I bought a couple chic looking counter stools AND I finally found a new sofa. After seeing that everyone’s shipping time was 8-19 weeks, I came up with the idea to try one of the furniture outlets here in Memphis. I was able to find and pounce on a nice roomy sofa in a perfect blue steel color. I need to fix a slight issue with a bent beam, but I only got it for $175 – a steal.
Aside from the furniture, I’ve also started to hang some things on the wall, such as my diplomas. I’m really starting to see it come together and I’m so excited. However, since I’ve been trying to find and buy home decor, I haven’t really bought any new clothes, accessories, or beauty products. So, I might have to pick up some new things this month and call it self-care.
So, check out the items I’m wanting this month in my Lust-Have list for April.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
- Topicals FADED brightening and clearing gel – I’ve been hearing so much about this black-owned skincare line and have been dying to try this brightening serum. However, it keeps selling out on Sephora, but I’m probably just going to go ahead and order it elsewhere. Me and these new dark spots have got to get this.
- Woven Crossbody Box Bag – While moving, I found my circular woven bag from a few summers ago, which I loved. So, I think I need a small box option – loving both colors of this one from Zara.
- Cast Iron Patio Bistro Set – Now that my living room has finally started accumulating furniture, my balcony needs some seating options. Of course, I will probably get a couple of basic chairs at first. However, this cast iron bistro set is the ultimate goal. I love the turquoise option, but the classic black is forever.
- Embellished Slide Sandals – Every time that I was ready to buy a pair of sandals these past couple of weeks, a cold front would come through. I think we’re done with those and I’m ready to acquire these gem embellished slides by Steve Madden. Not confident if me and my high instep can easily slide them on, but I’m willing to find out.
- Wide Leg High Waisted Leopard Print Pants – I’m so over my wardrobe, because it’s mostly sweatpants and shirts that don’t go with sweatpants. So, I’m trying to cop and anything that doesn’t have a elastic at the ankle and a tie waist. These pants from ASOS have the vibe and look I’m aspiring to have this spring and summer – wild, but responsible.
ITEM OF THE WEEK: Morphe Filter Effect Soft Focus Foundation
At times, I feel that I will never find that one foundation that I can and will use the for the rest of my life. However, over the past few years, I’ve found some really good ones that have in rotation. The latest edition to the rotation is Morphe’s newest foundation – Filter Effect foundation. Keep reading to see why I decided to try it why I’ve been loving it.