I can’t believe that I haven’t done an eStylist post in so long. Of course, like most people since the pandemic started, my concept of time is on the fritz. However, let me see if the old mind can come up with a new styling idea.
American holidays have started to pique my interest the older I get. The main reason is because they are socially acceptable days that you can eat like a hungry hog and no one bats an eye. Thanksgiving is the top holiday when not only is this acceptable, but encouraged. I will admit that I enjoy Thanksgiving more as an adult than a child. Not just because I can cook and eat what I want, but I can leave early, too. The power of having a license and a car is top tier.
My brother and SIL were initially going to host a small dinner for our side of the family. However, at the last minute they decided that we all should meet at her aunt’s house for the big family dinner. Unfortunately, my sister’s fiance’ had serious medical condition late last week that has caused him to be in the hospital for the past few days. So, my sister and I ae going to cook at her house, which I’m glad about. The less people, the better in my book.
Although I’m probably going to just wear a pair of my many black leggings and oversize tee, here’s a little inspiration for ya’ll. You know, in case you are trying to make an impression by the dessert table this year.
eSTYLIST: Thanksgiving 2022
Have a Happy Thanksgiving 2022!
eSTYLIST: Hey Fall 2021
It’s the first day of Fall, ya’ll! Surprisingly, the weather today has been fall-sy ; sunny and cool. I love it so much. As you can see, I love it so much, that I decided to do an eStylist post, which I feel like I haven’t done in forever.
Unfortunately, leggings and oversized shirts still have an intense hold on me and my wardrobe. Now that the weather is cooling off, it my inspire me to reach back in my closet. There should be some cute fall pieces from yesteryears dying to be worn again. Unfortunately, it may be time for me to finally buy a new pair of combat boots, because the ones I’ve been wearing for the past few years are giving out.
Actually, I was inspired by these slouchy, tall brown boots that are so affordable that everyone should own. Well, maybe not all of us, because I need to find out if they are big calves approved. Anyway, keep reading to get the details on this casual, but chic fall look.
eSTYLIST: Hey Fall 2021
- Faux Suede Knee Scrunch Boots, $52, Walmart – Can you believe that these boots are from Walmart?! They look so good and perfect for any fall look.
- Denim Shirt Jacket, $34, H&M – Oversized denim shirts are a must-have in every closet, because you can wear them as a shirt or jacket. You can’t go wrong wearing it either way with this look.
- Mini A-Line Button-front cord skirt, $17, Target – These mini a-line cord skirts are everywhere this season – even Wally World have a some. However, you can find this one at Target and for under $20.
- Medium Brown Patent Crossbody, $45, Aldo Shoes – A mini patent purse with gold hardware and in the perfect shade of cognac will take you far all season.
eSTYLIST: Fall 2020 Look
Fall is finally here and I’m over the moon about it! I had a real bad case of the “Mondays” on Monday and felt irritable for most of day. However, I feel so much better yesterday and didn’t realize why, but I like to think it’s because my favorite season is here.
Fall encompasses everything I live for in a season; cool weather, cozy looks, and the beginning of the holiday seasons. Not to mention, my birthday falls in Fall, too. Here in Memphis, the fall weather ran up on us to quick that I didn’t have the chance to finalize my Fall 2020 vibes. Still, I’m ready for sweaters, textures, chunky boots, and fitted trousers. That’s the aesthetic that I’m learning toward this fall.
So, check out my vision in my Fall 2020 eSTYLIST look:
eSTYLIST: Fall 2020 Look
- Burgundy Crew Neck Cardigan – One of my favorite colors for fall and winter is burgundy. However, I don’t have a burgundy cardigan, which is one of the fall things I don’t own. Time to change that this year.
- Plus Size Fitted Plaid Ankle Pants – This year, I’m all about straight leg and skinny printed trousers. These from Forever 21 are perfect.
- Snake-embossed Combat Boots – How insanely good are these combats?! Personally, I don’t think i have enough cute combat boots and these snake-embossed ones are definitely good.
- Animal Print Leather Crossbody – A brown faux animal print leather purse is the only person you need to add to your fall wardrobe. I stand 10 toes down to that statement.
What’s your favorite fashion statement for fall? Share below!
Since my love life is lowkey complicated, I’m not doing much for Valentine’s Day. I have some plans to meet a couple of friends for apps and drinks after work tomorrow as mini Galentine’s Day 2020. Actually, I want to do something different, too. So, I’m going to throw some other options for us to do after drinks. I lowkey want to go to Dave & Busters, because I’m pretty sure that’s going to be one of the least romantic spots in the world. So, it sounds perfect. Wish me luck.
You can switch the belt bag for a clutch or the belt bag for a clutch. No matter what, you can make this look work for whatever plans you have. I decided to not add jewelry, because the look is already “busy”. However, you can complete the look with a simple pair or hoops of statement jewelry. Wear whatever you love, because – in the end – it is the day of love.
Keep reading to get all the details on this sporty look for a fun and casual Galentine’s Day Night Out. Also, feel free to share what plans you have for Valentine’s Day this year.
eSTYLIST: Galentine’s Day 2020
- Adidas 90s logo sweater – Legit fell in love with this sweater, which influenced this post to be more sporty than girly.
- Faux Leather Leggings – I feel like a pair of leather or faux leather leggings are needed in every wardrobe. Plus, you can dress them up casual and chic, if needed.
- Herschel Supply Red Belt Bag – If you’re going to be sporty, a belt bag is a must. This one from Herschel Supply is awesome.
- Valentine’s Day Ultraboost 20 – I’m one of those people that don’t like to mix and match logos. So, I’m so glad that adidas has a V-Day shoe and it matches the sweater. Win, win.
I’m still a little in awe that this year and decade (to most) is almost over. Yep, tomorrow is New Years Eve. When the date changes at midnight to a new year, I plan to be doing the same thing I’ve been doing the past few years – deep in sleep. It’s my favorite tradition as an adult, but I know that most people will be partaking in fun and festive things. I’m sure that most of those people have been planning for this night for weeks and already have their outfits dangling in their closet. Yet, I’m also sure there are some people still in the dark on what they are wearing, which is why I’m here with a easy last minute NYE outfit.
I picked pieces that you can find in a local store. Who knows, maybe you already have something similar in your closet. Keep reading to get all the info about the pieces featured, including where to buy them.
eSTYLIST: Last Minute NYE Outfit
- Sequin Dress – Anytime sequins is an appropriate option – go for it! Well, that’s my new motto from here out. These dark green number from H&M isn’t too revealing, but subtly sexy thanks to lowered back and length. This dress also comes in red/black, but the dark green looks more versatile for formal dinners and future holiday parties.
- Simple Silver Strappy Evening Shoe – Personally, I think you can rock this dress with a black pump or gold evening heel. However, I love the way this simple silver strappy number compliments this dress without taking away from it. You can find this shoe at Macy’s and it’s on sale for $25 and comes in extended width options. Plus, it’s a good shoe to keep in your closet, much like the dress.
- Sequin Clutch – Although this clutch is sequined, as well, it’s not too overbearing. So, it won’t clash with an all sequin dress.
- Rhinestone Hoop Drop Earrings – I would avoid wearing a necklace with an all sequin dress. Instead, I would opt for large hoops or drop earrings, like this rhinestone pair from Forever 21.