LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2021
Happy July and also the beginning of the second half of 2021! July has started off pretty good for me. Spent my extended holiday finally being able to see some of my friends/favorite people ever after a whole year. Plus, I ate all the grilled food and kicked it with loved ones as they blew up fireworks for hours. Needless to say, but I definitely had a great and lazy extended weekend. Unfortunately, that caused me to delay putting out this month’s Lust-Have List, but better late than never.
While I mentally try to figure what I’m going eat since I’ve given up meat for the next month, read to see what items I’m wanting this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2021
- Pink Bandana Socks – I don’t usually like wearing socks, but when I do I like for them to have a fun pattern. Love the pink bandana print of these socks, which also come in blue and green.
- The Lip Bar Brickhouse Liquid Matte Lipstick – Recently cam to realization that matte lips work better on me than glosses and lipstick textures. One of my favorite matte lipsticks is The Lip Bar Bawse Lady. So, I feel like I will equally love their Brickhouse shade, which is slightly browner than BL. Therefore, I need it.
- Off the Shoulder Jumpsuit – I’ve been wanting a easy and versatile jumpsuit that I can dress up or down. Spotted this gem over at ASOS and it checked off all the boxes. Plus, it’s available in normal and plus sizes.
- Faux Snakeskin Chunky Sole Slide Sandal – Feel like my closet is disappointed in me that I don’t have these sandals in my closet already. I feel like they would go with almost everything.
- Peacock Table Lamp with Jungalow – When the Target and Jungalow collaboration was announced, I was ecstatic. However, when they showed that this lamp would be part of the collection, I was in love. I told myself that if this lamp is still available at the end of the month, I would buy it as an early B-Day gift to myself. So, we shall see.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2021
Hey, June! June is one of those lowkey significant months, because it’s when we enter the last half of the year. I guess can call it the beginning of the end! LOL Either way, I’m actually looking forward to this month, because I’m cashing in some much needed vacation days this month. In a couple of weeks, I will take a staycation to my apartment, but I will venture out. I have a few plans with some friends and fam, but nothing too hectic. Well, there is that mini road trip my sister and I might take, but who knows.
What I do know, is that I need some new things in my life. My apartment is finally coming together, which I’m so grateful for. It’s wild how a couple of pieces of new furniture and some art can make a space feel like home. So, now that I feel my space is starting to take form, I need or redirect my energy to my style.
I can’t believe it, but I’m finally over my 2020 sweatpants everyday era. It was fun, cozy, and gave what it needed BUT I’m trying to be outside this summer and they don’t fit into the looks in my head. They might make a special appearance here and there, but I’m wanting easy dresses, some flowy pants, and casual chic tops. I did buy a dress this weekend, which is more work-friendly. Still, a dress was bought.
So, this month’s Lust-Have List is more fashion and style heavy with a peek into my ideal summer 2021 vibes.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2021
- Rouched Strap Wedges – Love the look of these rouched teva-esque sandals! Digging the platform and all the color option. I want them all, but the yellow are at the top of my list.
- Orly Gel polish in Tangerine Dream – I live in neon nail polish in the summer. So, I was all about Orly’s new electric neon polish collection. Of course, I wanted them all, but I don’t have any polish like this neon tangerine orange color. This will pop on tanned skin – trust me.
- Brown Faux Woven Tote – I have a brown leather tote in this same shade of brown and it’s well loved. However, this one from Aldo is more functional, not too big, and comes with a strap.
- Cateye Tortoise Sunglasses – I need some cateye style sunnies that aren’t black. These may work and I’m going to Target after work to try these on. Wish me and my fat face luck.
- Pastel Camo Tee Shirt – I have the traditional green camo version of this tee from Old Navy and feel obligated to get this pastel version. Cute. P.S. I see that Old Navy is (finally) stepping up their plus size fashion styles. A lot of cute top options that aren’t graphic tees. Thank God! #Amen
LUST-HAVE LIST: May 2021
May is here and it actually feels like summer will be here in no time. Am I the only one that has lost a complete sense of the seasons? Out of nowhere, I started seeing prom pictures and ads for graduation gifts – all indications that summer is coming.
After last year’s lack of summer activities, I can actually say that I’m looking forward. Ya girl is trying to be outside – untoned, jiggly legs and all. I’m on the “vaxxed and waxed” vibes! Honestly, we all deserve to celebrate (still) surviving a pandemic. So, let’s all meet up outside, preferably on a patio with drinks all around.
For May, I’m in planning mode; for summer, personal goals, and overall joy. The items on this month’s Lust-Have List aren’t for everyone, but they definitely are for me. Check them out!
LIST-HAVE LIST: May 2021
- Weighted Bangles – I wanted these Bala weighted bangles last summer, but completely forgot about them. However, now that I’m starting to try to lift weights again, these will be perfect to wear throughout the day. Plus, you can weigh them on your ankles, too. A legit need.
- Neon Yellow Anklet – Speaking of ankles, I’ve pondering adding an anklet into my life after almost a decade. I want a real gold bracelet for my fat ankle, but want to test the waters before I buy one. The fabric ones from Pura Vida come in an array of colors and designs, including metal. However, I think starting simple with fabric is smart, plus this neon yellow will look sick when my legs finally catch a tan.
- Technical Fabric Shopper Bag – No words; I’m just obsessed with bright yellow shopped bag from Zara. Great tote for summer.
- Scented Candle in Holder – I think I want to start collecting unique looking candles and holders. I have a couple already and would love to add this gem from H&M Home. FYI, H&M Home as some nice and affordable home décor.
- Tied Flat Sandals – I’m so glad that there isn’t a Zara in my city, because I would go broke in their shoe section alone. I have to but these, because these would make great everyday sandals for work. Plus, they look kinda comfy.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
How has April been treating you so far? Mines has been pretty good – despite having to pay taxes for the first time in years and still waiting on my third stimmy. *insert eyeroll*
However, my new place is starting to actually look and feel like my new home. I bought a couple chic looking counter stools AND I finally found a new sofa. After seeing that everyone’s shipping time was 8-19 weeks, I came up with the idea to try one of the furniture outlets here in Memphis. I was able to find and pounce on a nice roomy sofa in a perfect blue steel color. I need to fix a slight issue with a bent beam, but I only got it for $175 – a steal.
Aside from the furniture, I’ve also started to hang some things on the wall, such as my diplomas. I’m really starting to see it come together and I’m so excited. However, since I’ve been trying to find and buy home decor, I haven’t really bought any new clothes, accessories, or beauty products. So, I might have to pick up some new things this month and call it self-care.
So, check out the items I’m wanting this month in my Lust-Have list for April.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
- Topicals FADED brightening and clearing gel – I’ve been hearing so much about this black-owned skincare line and have been dying to try this brightening serum. However, it keeps selling out on Sephora, but I’m probably just going to go ahead and order it elsewhere. Me and these new dark spots have got to get this.
- Woven Crossbody Box Bag – While moving, I found my circular woven bag from a few summers ago, which I loved. So, I think I need a small box option – loving both colors of this one from Zara.
- Cast Iron Patio Bistro Set – Now that my living room has finally started accumulating furniture, my balcony needs some seating options. Of course, I will probably get a couple of basic chairs at first. However, this cast iron bistro set is the ultimate goal. I love the turquoise option, but the classic black is forever.
- Embellished Slide Sandals – Every time that I was ready to buy a pair of sandals these past couple of weeks, a cold front would come through. I think we’re done with those and I’m ready to acquire these gem embellished slides by Steve Madden. Not confident if me and my high instep can easily slide them on, but I’m willing to find out.
- Wide Leg High Waisted Leopard Print Pants – I’m so over my wardrobe, because it’s mostly sweatpants and shirts that don’t go with sweatpants. So, I’m trying to cop and anything that doesn’t have a elastic at the ankle and a tie waist. These pants from ASOS have the vibe and look I’m aspiring to have this spring and summer – wild, but responsible.
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
Happy March! My apologies for the tardiness, because I had every intention of posting this last week. However, the days would not ease up on me and I couldn’t keep up. Like they say, ‘”better late than never” and that’s the sword I’m falling on today.
Although I had plenty of hope for February, it was a flappity flop of a mess. So, I’m hoping March can come in here and act right, which it has been so far. Last month, despite it being the shortest month of the year, felt like the longest. Work was bonkers, trying to get some normalcy to my life was a fail, and then there was week of snowstorms right in the middle. Needless to say, I’m not looking back on last month, but I’m so grateful to see this month.
Since I barely survived February with my mental health still in tact, I’m dedicating March to getting right with myself. I’m focusing on things that bring me peace and (temporarily) putting some things to the side while I get me together. I just want to be a better me for me and I have no excuse as to why I can’t. So, that’s what I’m doing this month.
As for the things I’m wanting in this month’s Lust-Have List, they’re mostly things to make me and my new apartment cute and ready and ready for spring. I want everything!
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
- Good American Easy Denim Shirt – I feel every closet needs a easy denim shirt and this one looks and sounds perfect – even the name.
- Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Serum – Recently, I started using the toner from this Glow Recipe line, because I love a good hydrating toner. I heard and saw that the toner combined with this serum makes your skin look all dewy and glowy. So, I need to find out for myself.
- Nespresso Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine – My Keurig didn’t survive my recent move. Devastating, but this coffee maker and espresso machine hybrid would make me feel so much better.
- Steve Madden Tan Platform Wide Strap Sandals – A new, cute pair of platform tan sandals is my favorite way to spruce my wardrobe into spring mode. The only con to these is the wait time.
- Target x Levi’s Aged Cooper Bar Cart – The new Target x Levi’s collection just dropped and I’m in love, especially with this wood and cooper bar cart. So, chic and would look perfect in my new apartment. I wish I could see it in-store first, but I really want to buy it today.