I know we’ve all complained about how we encountered situations as an adult that we should’ve learned about before having to go through it. However, there are things in life that you just can’t afford to overlook and should handle ASAP. This are things that are just part of being an adult and will affect you succeed in adulting.
When I turned 40, I immediately felt like I wasn’t prepared for what was ahead. It was such a weird and emotional realization. However, after sulking for 2-3 business days, I decided that I needed to start preparing and/or working the progress. Keep reading to see the things that we all need to keep in mind and actively get figured out.
Recently, paying attention to my mental health has been very important to me since the pandemic started. I know I’m o
So, keep reading if you are on the hunt for things to help improve your mental health.
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day! Honestly, I’ve never been that big into this holiday – no matter if I’m single or not. The introvert in me doesn’t like attention, which comes with being in a relationship on Valentine’s Day. However, as a person who identifies “gift giving” as my top love language, V-Day can have it’s high points. lol Still, over the years, I’ve found that the best way for me to enjoy the day of love is to focus on doing things that I love. Most Valentine’s Day ideas that you can do for you fall under self-care, which works for me.
So, keep reading to see my list of things that I’ve done for myself on Valentine’s Day. Remember, these are things you can do regardless of your relationship status and can be done all year.
Let me preface this by saying that I’ve never been a “New Year, New Me” girlie. However, I do tend to start each new year with a new and mostly attainable goal. However, this year, I’ve decided to not partake in any 2023 new year resolution.
After hearing some people’s take on new year resolutions, I’ve completely rethought my take on them. Keep reading to see what I mean.
LUST-HAVE LIST: December 2022
Happy Holidays! It’s the last month of 2022 and I’m ready to wrap it up! LOL Nothing bad or detrimental has happened this year, but I just love the fresh start of a new year.
As for this month, I’m actually feeling a little more festive this year than past years. I even put my tree up this past weekend and planning to buy some decorations this weekend. As usual, this month’s Lust-Have List is basically my Christmas wishlist and I’m going to try to get them all. Yes, even if I have to dig in my wallet, too.
Keep reading to see the items that I’m wanting this month and year for Christmas!
LUST-HAVE LIST: December 2022
- Black & Decker Cordless Handheld Vacuum – One Consumer Reports top rated handheld vacuums. Asking for a cordless vacuum for Christmas is peak adulting, but this is a need. This is the only gift that I asked my sister and brother in-law to get me this year. So, I feel confident I will be vacuuming with this beauty in 2023.
- REPLICA By The Fireplace perfume – I recently treated myself to the Sephora Perfume sampler set, which features samples of their top seller perfumes. It also comes with a certificate so that you can get a full size of any of the scents. This scent by REPLICA was in there, but I opted for different scent. However, this is the perfect warm vanilla perfume and I want it so bad.
- Rice Dispenser – This is definitely a “TikTok made me want it” item. Not only is this functional, it would look great on any kitchen counter. I’m West African and Mexican, which means rice is life.
- ORLY GELFX Builder in a Bottle Kit – I’ve been trying other gel nail builders, but the ORLY GELFX is still the best one I’ve tried. So, I hope I can get one of my Santas to get another kit for me.
- ME Manifesters Satin Jacket – I’ve been wanting a satin bomber style jacket for awhile and this one by Melody Ehsani is just right. Lowkey obsessed with this!