Did you know that January is Hot Tea Month and that January 12 is National Hot Tea Day? Well, I just learned this the other day, but I’m all for it.
Currently, I’m fasting off coffee for most of the month and it’s been a little rough. However, my stash of Stash Teas has been keeping me going. FYI, this isn’t a sponsored post – Stash teas are just my current go-to teas at the moment. Keep reading to see my favorite tea combinations throughout most days.
One of my favorite holiday traditions are advent calendars. Growing up, my parents didn’t do advent calendars and I didn’t even know they were a thing until I was in my late teens. However, I think that they are pretty cool and fun to use to countdown to Christmas. I bought one for one of my nephews for his first Christmas and now my sister gets him one every year since. As for me, I’m all about adult advent calendars.
Yes, there are advent calendars that cater to adults, which mostly contain bottles of wine or liquor for every day leading up to Christmas. However, there are some other adult advent calendars that contain non-alcoholic beverages.
Keep reading to see some advent calendars for adults. FYI, if you see one that you want, you better order it fast. Adult advent calendars sell out every year.
TIPSY THURSDAY: Rancho La Gloria Margarita
I jokingly say that my love language is margaritas, but it’s kind of true. 🙂 Therefore, if there is a chance that I can have a margarita, I’ll take it. Keep reading to see what’s been my go-to fix for a quick after work ready to drink margarita.
I’m one of those people that always try to find things that bring me peace and joy everyday. No matter how small or insignificant it may be OR how if it’s not an instant gratification. This is one of the reasons I’m very big into self-care. If it brings me joy, I proclaim that I’m doing it in the name of self-care.
Because I am into self-care, I try incorporate as many moments of self-care into my day as possible. However, I feel that the moments I create in the morning are the best and they tend to dictate the rest of my day. Keep reading to see the 3 things that I try to do every morning in the name of self-care.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
How has April been treating you so far? Mines has been pretty good – despite having to pay taxes for the first time in years and still waiting on my third stimmy. *insert eyeroll*
However, my new place is starting to actually look and feel like my new home. I bought a couple chic looking counter stools AND I finally found a new sofa. After seeing that everyone’s shipping time was 8-19 weeks, I came up with the idea to try one of the furniture outlets here in Memphis. I was able to find and pounce on a nice roomy sofa in a perfect blue steel color. I need to fix a slight issue with a bent beam, but I only got it for $175 – a steal.
Aside from the furniture, I’ve also started to hang some things on the wall, such as my diplomas. I’m really starting to see it come together and I’m so excited. However, since I’ve been trying to find and buy home decor, I haven’t really bought any new clothes, accessories, or beauty products. So, I might have to pick up some new things this month and call it self-care.
So, check out the items I’m wanting this month in my Lust-Have list for April.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
- Topicals FADED brightening and clearing gel – I’ve been hearing so much about this black-owned skincare line and have been dying to try this brightening serum. However, it keeps selling out on Sephora, but I’m probably just going to go ahead and order it elsewhere. Me and these new dark spots have got to get this.
- Woven Crossbody Box Bag – While moving, I found my circular woven bag from a few summers ago, which I loved. So, I think I need a small box option – loving both colors of this one from Zara.
- Cast Iron Patio Bistro Set – Now that my living room has finally started accumulating furniture, my balcony needs some seating options. Of course, I will probably get a couple of basic chairs at first. However, this cast iron bistro set is the ultimate goal. I love the turquoise option, but the classic black is forever.
- Embellished Slide Sandals – Every time that I was ready to buy a pair of sandals these past couple of weeks, a cold front would come through. I think we’re done with those and I’m ready to acquire these gem embellished slides by Steve Madden. Not confident if me and my high instep can easily slide them on, but I’m willing to find out.
- Wide Leg High Waisted Leopard Print Pants – I’m so over my wardrobe, because it’s mostly sweatpants and shirts that don’t go with sweatpants. So, I’m trying to cop and anything that doesn’t have a elastic at the ankle and a tie waist. These pants from ASOS have the vibe and look I’m aspiring to have this spring and summer – wild, but responsible.