There’s just something about oversize button down shirts that make me feel ready for fall.
Large, drapery button ups are so clutch. Not only can you wear them as wear shirt, but you wear them as light jacket or beach cover up. Also, depending on your height and bravery, you can belt it and wear it as dress. You have to love the many options one piece of clothing can give you. Well, your girl felt bored and decided to share a few oversize button up or down shirts.
Keep reading to see where ca find these closet staples. Don’t worry, I only included styles that are timeless and can wear for years.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2021
Hey, June! June is one of those lowkey significant months, because it’s when we enter the last half of the year. I guess can call it the beginning of the end! LOL Either way, I’m actually looking forward to this month, because I’m cashing in some much needed vacation days this month. In a couple of weeks, I will take a staycation to my apartment, but I will venture out. I have a few plans with some friends and fam, but nothing too hectic. Well, there is that mini road trip my sister and I might take, but who knows.
What I do know, is that I need some new things in my life. My apartment is finally coming together, which I’m so grateful for. It’s wild how a couple of pieces of new furniture and some art can make a space feel like home. So, now that I feel my space is starting to take form, I need or redirect my energy to my style.
I can’t believe it, but I’m finally over my 2020 sweatpants everyday era. It was fun, cozy, and gave what it needed BUT I’m trying to be outside this summer and they don’t fit into the looks in my head. They might make a special appearance here and there, but I’m wanting easy dresses, some flowy pants, and casual chic tops. I did buy a dress this weekend, which is more work-friendly. Still, a dress was bought.
So, this month’s Lust-Have List is more fashion and style heavy with a peek into my ideal summer 2021 vibes.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2021
- Rouched Strap Wedges – Love the look of these rouched teva-esque sandals! Digging the platform and all the color option. I want them all, but the yellow are at the top of my list.
- Orly Gel polish in Tangerine Dream – I live in neon nail polish in the summer. So, I was all about Orly’s new electric neon polish collection. Of course, I wanted them all, but I don’t have any polish like this neon tangerine orange color. This will pop on tanned skin – trust me.
- Brown Faux Woven Tote – I have a brown leather tote in this same shade of brown and it’s well loved. However, this one from Aldo is more functional, not too big, and comes with a strap.
- Cateye Tortoise Sunglasses – I need some cateye style sunnies that aren’t black. These may work and I’m going to Target after work to try these on. Wish me and my fat face luck.
- Pastel Camo Tee Shirt – I have the traditional green camo version of this tee from Old Navy and feel obligated to get this pastel version. Cute. P.S. I see that Old Navy is (finally) stepping up their plus size fashion styles. A lot of cute top options that aren’t graphic tees. Thank God! #Amen
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
How has April been treating you so far? Mines has been pretty good – despite having to pay taxes for the first time in years and still waiting on my third stimmy. *insert eyeroll*
However, my new place is starting to actually look and feel like my new home. I bought a couple chic looking counter stools AND I finally found a new sofa. After seeing that everyone’s shipping time was 8-19 weeks, I came up with the idea to try one of the furniture outlets here in Memphis. I was able to find and pounce on a nice roomy sofa in a perfect blue steel color. I need to fix a slight issue with a bent beam, but I only got it for $175 – a steal.
Aside from the furniture, I’ve also started to hang some things on the wall, such as my diplomas. I’m really starting to see it come together and I’m so excited. However, since I’ve been trying to find and buy home decor, I haven’t really bought any new clothes, accessories, or beauty products. So, I might have to pick up some new things this month and call it self-care.
So, check out the items I’m wanting this month in my Lust-Have list for April.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
- Topicals FADED brightening and clearing gel – I’ve been hearing so much about this black-owned skincare line and have been dying to try this brightening serum. However, it keeps selling out on Sephora, but I’m probably just going to go ahead and order it elsewhere. Me and these new dark spots have got to get this.
- Woven Crossbody Box Bag – While moving, I found my circular woven bag from a few summers ago, which I loved. So, I think I need a small box option – loving both colors of this one from Zara.
- Cast Iron Patio Bistro Set – Now that my living room has finally started accumulating furniture, my balcony needs some seating options. Of course, I will probably get a couple of basic chairs at first. However, this cast iron bistro set is the ultimate goal. I love the turquoise option, but the classic black is forever.
- Embellished Slide Sandals – Every time that I was ready to buy a pair of sandals these past couple of weeks, a cold front would come through. I think we’re done with those and I’m ready to acquire these gem embellished slides by Steve Madden. Not confident if me and my high instep can easily slide them on, but I’m willing to find out.
- Wide Leg High Waisted Leopard Print Pants – I’m so over my wardrobe, because it’s mostly sweatpants and shirts that don’t go with sweatpants. So, I’m trying to cop and anything that doesn’t have a elastic at the ankle and a tie waist. These pants from ASOS have the vibe and look I’m aspiring to have this spring and summer – wild, but responsible.
LUST-HAVE LIST: February 2021
Happy February and Black History Month! I know this month’s Lust-Have List is little later than usual, but I’ve been really busy. Aside from trying to actually start the process of moving in less than 2 weeks, I’ve been trying to fight off a cold. As soon as I start to feel “sicky”, I break out the OTC meds, sip tea, and rest. Thankfully, it appears to be working, aside from having some slight fatigue and itchy throat for part of yesterday. No, it wasn’t ‘Rona, but I’m feeling about 90% myself.
As I mention, my move is right around the corner. I’ve started to collect boxes and paid my final rent for the place I’m at now – felt good to send them that final prorated payment. Now, I need to work on getting the big stuff done, which includes finding a mover and scheduling to have my utilities switched over. I forgot how much I hate moving. Hopefully, I will be at my new place for a minute.
Since I’m pretty much starting over with new furniture and décor, I made a concerted effort to not include any of that stuff in my Lust-Have List for February. However, I pretty sure I need all the things that I did mention, too.
LUST-HAVE LIST: February 2021
- Lemonade Smoothing Scrub – I haven’t been exfoliating my skin as much as I should and it’s starting to show. I’ve been seeing this new facial scrub from Ole Henriksen all over social media. Although, I’m not one to fall for products are paid to promote, I’ve had some good experiences with Ole Henriksen products in the past. So, I’m down to give this one a try.
- Initial Oversize Hoodie – In case you are new around here, I love anything with my initials and oversized. So, this hoodie from Good American is speaking my language. According to Punxsutawney Phil, we still have a few more weeks of winter left and to wear hoodies.
- Apple Watch Gold Mesh Band – My apple watch is becoming more clutch in my life and she deserves to look appreciated. I think I’m sold on adding a gold mesh band and I spotted this one online for less than $50. Might be my Valentine’s day gift to myself.
- Pattern Beauty Styling Cream – Currently, I’ve been wearing my hair naturally curly to help strengthen it while it grows. A couple of weeks a go, I picked up the travel version of the Pattern Beauty Styling Cream. This cream is so good! It’s not heavy and moisturizes and softens my curls, So, I have to get the bigger jar, which I might do this weekend.
- Pink Miracle Sneaker Cleaner – Last year, during the lockdown, I restarted my love of collecting sneakers. However, now that I wear them more, I need to get a good sneaker cleaner. I’ve heard and seen nothing but good things about this one. Plus, it comes with a brush for deep cleaning.
My favorite season is Fall, which I tell people as much as possible. I love almost everything about fall – chilly weather, warm beverages, and my birthday. However, I feel like the thing I enjoy most about fall is the style – fashion and home. Fall style is so effortless chic to me, which is the aesthetic I wish I could nail. Even though it’s not technically fall, I’m still not prepared for the Fall 2020 style vibes.
It has been irking me, because I see all the cute cozy clothes starting to come out. Plus, the perfect pair of boots and lightweight jackets, but I don’t feel the giddy feelings I usually feel around this time. So, I’ve decided to share a bunch of Fall 2020 style inspiration to hopefully get me – US – into the swing of things.