ITEM OF THE WEEK is a weekly series on Stained Couture that highlights a product I’m currently loving. This week: Olay Gentle Foaming Cleanser
Every summer, the one skincare product that I have to have in my nightly skincare routine is foaming cleanser. Foaming cleansers are great for oily skin, which is my skin type in the summer.
Recently, I stopped by a local drugstore after work, becausenI needed a new foaming face wash. After contemplating a few options, I decided to give my money and chance to Olay’s Gentle Foaming Cleanser. I’m so glad I did, because it’s just what I needed. Keep reading to see why I’ve been using and loving this face cleanser.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday, friends! Sorry about taking the rest of last week off, but I needed an impromptu break. However, I was just a ball of stress and I know the importance of taking mental health days. Mental health days can turn to a mental health week, but I just needed 5 less things to worry about. In the end, it was totally worth it.
I hope you all had a great week. My week was hectic, but it was also refreshing. Since I’m in this season of growth and rediscovery, I feel like it’s the perfect time to step out of my cozy box. So, I’ve been trying new things and adventures, which has been enlightening. Look out for post with all the “new” things I’ve explored this summer to help me learn more about me.
To be honest, I’m just really excited about the new things that I feel are on the horizon. Now, I’m not sure what these “new things” are, but I feel them coming.
Sorry to be so short in this week’s recap, but I need to get a lot of work done before the weekend creeps up on me. So, I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy this week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: June 14, 2019
I’m not sure how this happened, but I’ve been going through so many beauty products lately. I was trying to do a new Empties post every season, but I have used up way too many product these last few months. Therefore, I couldn’t wait any longer and decided to take an executive decision and do EMPTIES: Spring 2019 pt. 2. Using up so many products over the past couple of months is a good and bad thing. It’s good, because I’ve been cautious about using up products instead of buying new things. The bad thing is that I’ve now iut of different products, such as night creams. So, I have to start buying some new products soon.
Keep reading to get a complete run down of all the products that I’ve used up over the last couple of months. Don’t worry – there won’t be a part 3. 😉
ITEM OF THE WEEK is a weekly series on Stained Couture that highlights a product I’m currently loving. This week: Gimme Brow Volumizing Brow Gel
This week’s Item of the Week is a very interesting pick for me, because I initially regretted this purchase. So much so, that this brow gel lived untouched in my makeup collection for months before I gave it another try. However, now that I’ve learned to use and love this product, it’s worthy of being an item of the week. Keep reading to see how this escalated.
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
It’s June and I’m so anxious for this month, because I have a feeling some major things are going to happen in my life this month. Well, I’m praying for some big BIG things to move in my life this month. Even they don’t, the reason won’t be have anything to do with my grind.
Other than working my butt off, I really want to become more mindful of my feelings. Since I try to avoid conflict as much as possible, sometimes I suppress my feelings just to remove myself from any possible. Unfortunately, those feelings and thoughts can linger with me days after the conversation has ended. So, yeah, being more verbal with how people make me feel is something I’m working on for June.
Another thing I’m working on is trying to perfect my cool, relax looks for the summer. This is going to be one super hot summer and I’m just trying to look as cute as I can fighting a stream of sweat from rolling my face. Keep reading to see what items I’m coveting this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2019
- Inst-Grip Jelly Makeup Primer – Since I’ve realized that Dermablend makeup is pretty amazing, I’ve been wanting to try more from them. Theire new primer is at the top of the list. What has interested me is that it’s a jelly primer and I love the pump applicator.
- Mamonde Deep Pore Cleanser Stick – A couple of years ago, I was obsessed with face cleansing sticks, but it’s been a while since I used. I’ve been having some congestion on my cheeks, which is caused from make-up setting up shop in my large pores. So, I’m itching to try this deep cleansing stick from the K-Beauty brand, Mamonde.
- Melissa Papete + Rider Sandals – Ever since I saw Derria of What Would Derria Wear these sandals in yellow and neon orange, I’ve been obsessed with them. Unfortunately, I can’t find them in my size in that color combo. I’m still looking, but I do fancy them in the white and clear vinyl colorways, too. Plus, it has a gentle trim of yellow, which I love.
- Vinyl Shopper – I feel like I’ve been eyeing cute vinyl bags for years, but I still haven’t bought one. Maybe this vinyl shopper from Zara will break the curse. I the juxtaposition of a clean design paired with a interesting smoky pink vinyl material. Plus, I love how you can remove the strap carry it as a satchel.
- Beyond The Stars Bun Pin – If you ever run into me on any given day, there’s a 99% chance that my hair will be in some form of a bun. So, since I can’t give up this lazy girl hairstyle, I might as well glam it up a bit. Kitsch, the online mecca of cute hair accessories, have these gorgeous bun pins. You can style that bun on the crown of your head with an accessory that looks like a crown. So adorable.
In the comment section, share one thing that you’ve been eyeing and want to get this month.