Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Ya’ll, YA’LL! I can’t believe that it has almost been an entire month since I’ve posted a Link-End Round-Up. Time flies when you’re busy trying to get used to a new chapter that you weren’t planning on entering. More on that when I’m ready to share about that – in the very near future.
Anyway, the transition from an overwhelmingly stressful summer to an excitingly new chapter in fall briefly knocked me off course. As soon as I was getting back into the flow, I caught a late summer cold. Those are the worst and happen at the worst possible for time. For me, I started getting sick the day before my birthday – a drag. It feels like excuses and they might be, but I’m ready to challenge myself.
For a while, I’ve been lacking in ideas for content, which used to be my jam. However, I’ve been learning a lot of new things and products that I want to share. Now, I’m starting to want to write more, because my days are finally starting to form and be consistent. I finally have the time to actually plant my butt down and write and I can’t wait.
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this week’s Link-End Round-Up. I’m still in awe that it’s been almost a month since I’ve posted a LERU! I can’t.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: October 11, 2019
A little long over due since it’s been Fall for a couple of weeks now. However, it’s only just now feeling like Fall. So, I think that breaks even – right? My empties for Summer 2019 is a little excessive, but not as large as my Spring Empties 2019.
Keep reading to get all the details on the beauty products that I used up this summer – the good and the bad.
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
It’s October and I’m ready for all the fall things! Despite summer being the “lazy” season, I feel more comfortable in the fall. The weather is cooler and the weekends feel way more casual and relaxing. I definitely hit my stride in the fall.
This month, I’m into neutral tones, interesting designs, and simple silhouettes. So, keep reading to see what I’m wanting this month. Plus, this is the last month, before it’s no longer about what we want. *insert jingle bells*
LUST-HAVE LIST: October 2019
- Pattern Beauty On-the-Go-Kit – I’m so mad at myself that I still haven’t tried anything from Tracee Ellis Ross’ Pattern Beauty. I’ve been stalking their travel kit for weeks – on their site and Ulta.com. It’s sold out at all the Ulta’s in my area and I’m on all the waiting lists.
- Pearl Hoop Earrings – Hoop earrings are my daily jewelry jam. Although they can be worn with anything, they can be a little too casual. These hoops with pearls all over add a subtle elegance to any look.
- Snakeskin Print Sneakers – I’ve been wanting some casual, but fun looking sneakers. These sneakers from Steve Madden are just the sneakers I need for fall.
- Nude Crossbody Chain Wallet – I need to downsize my daily purse again, which is mostly filled with things I don’t use. I’ve never used a chain wallet as a daily bag, but I could. I was able to use a super small purse everyday for months. So, this may be light work.
- Long Sleeve V-Neck Plus Size Printed Mini Dress – For real, I need all the cute, printed flowing dresses for fall. Plus, I prefer if they are above the knee and in a fall color. I’m so into this dress from Target. It fits perfectly into my ideal look for fall.
Every year, I look forward to fall, because the weather warms up, it’s the soft opening of the holiday season, and my birthday. Another thing that I love is all of the fall style for 2019 options and even the weather has cooled down. So, I’ve been scouting cute sweaters, dresses, and pinning all the boots I can find. For fall, I think I’m going for a dresses and boots this season, but with a super casual feel.
Keep reading to get the details on this look that I’m really digging.
eSTYLIST: Fall Style for 2019
- Mini Gold Bar Earrings – Little known fact about me – I’ve had a second ear piercing since I was in the 4th grade. However, it’s been a while since I’ve worn any earrings in them and I’ve thought about letting them close up. Now, I’ve changed my mind and decided that I want to keep them open to wear cute, little gold earrings in them. This tiny gold bars would look super cute and chic in secondary ear piercings. I’m getting them.
- Long Sleeve Printed Smock Dress – Dresses have been my jam for the last few falls, which includes printed dresses. I’m swooning for this smock dress from ASOS and it looks cute and comfy – my clothes love language.
- Patent Leather Lug Sole Booties – The one boot style I’ve been loving recently is lug sole booties. I was having the hardest time finding a pair that didn’t cost a whole paycheck. Plus, they it was hard finding a pair that didn’t have a super high heel. Spotted these on Nordstrom and I’m confident that I’m going to buy them the next time I get paid.
- Pebble Leather Flap Crossbody – Loving the structured feel of this crossbody. Plus, the pebbled leather texture is perfect to wear everyday, which I would do.
ITEM OF THE WEEK is a weekly series on Stained Couture that highlights a product I’m currently loving. This week: Scar cream for your face.
A couple of weeks ago, my skin went to Pimple Fest Summer 2019. I had every type of pimple, including cystic. So, I used a simple skincare routine of oil-free foaming face wash and gentle face toner. However, there was one product that helped my skin in more ways than one and that was Good Skin Corrective Scar Cream.