Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
It’s finally Friday and I’m so glad, because this week was dragging, chile! Tuesday felt like Thursday and Thursday felt like I missed about 5 days. Needless to say, I’ve been thrown off all week. I think it has something to do with Sunday’s full moon and Mercury being in retrograde and all that other stuff that we have to Google to see what it means.
Now that 2017 is almost dunzo, I’ve been thinking about my 2018, which includes deciding what I want to take with me and what to leave behind in 2017. Also, I want to focus on an aspect of my life that will help improve my overall quality of life. I have a couple in mind, but I will share more on that later.
Since it the holiday season, I have a few holiday themed plans this weekend, including my Christmas party of the season this Sunday night. Oddly enough, I’m actually looking forward to it and I have to bring cookies. I think I’m going to order some from this local cookie company that makes the most delicious and adorable cookies. This should be a pretty nice way to spend a shmonday night, if I do say so myself.
In the meantime, have an awesome weekend and check back next week, because I have some more gift guides to share with you!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: December 8, 2017
One of the things that makes me feel super productive is when I bring my own lunch to work. Weird, I know, but it’s a huge benefit. Mainly, because it’s cheaper and healthier than going through one of the many drive-thru spots around my office building. However, there are plenty of times when I don’t bring my lunch, because of time constraints or empty fridge. Since I don’t like having to leave the office to go get something to eat, I found some office-friendly food that’s healthy and affordable.
Keep reading to see which items I stash at work.
I’m human, therefore, I’m not perfect. I’ve discussed the skincare mistakes that I’ve made over the years before. However, some of them I still do regularly and will probably keep doing over time.
Keep reading to which skincare mistakes I make and why.
One of the hardest people I have to shop for all year, every year are the men in my life. It used to be time when shopping for men used to be easy; a tie or tools. However, men’s lifestyles have pleasantly evolved over the years. Now, men have traded in the boring tie and tools for leather goods and skincare and hair care products. Needless to say, I’m here for all of it. If you have a guy on your shopping list that takes value in curating a stylish lifestyle, then this holiday gift guide 2017 might help you find that right item for handsome.
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017: For Handsome
- Bespoke Post Churchill Box – One of the new waves for gift giving are subscription boxes. They are easy and there one out there for everyone. Bespoke Post has a selection of individually curated boxes for the various lifestyles of men. The Churchill box is ideal for the person in your life that enjoys a good cigar. It comes with 4 limited edition cigars, a reclaimed wood ashtray/ candle holder, a masculine candle, and cigar cutter. All the essentials for him to relax after a long day.
- Harry’s Winston Set – My brother put me on to Harry’s last year and I spread the awesomeness that is Harry’s to everyone I know. The Winston gift set is very chic, because it comes with a metal razor, blades, shaving cream or gel, and travel case for the blades. Harry’s is also a subscription box, but you can also buy it at Target.
- Tissot Tradition Watch – You can never go wrong with gifting a classic and well-made watch. The Tissot Tradition watch is the perfect mix of everyday style, but with a touch of sexiness.
- Jack Black Beard Grooming Kit – Men love their beards and I bet they would also love to receive a beard grooming kit, like this one from Jack Black. This kit contains all the essentials to perfectly groom and maintain that bountiful or budding beard.
- Trifold Wrap Leather Wallet – Another easy gift to give is wallet, but add some thought by buying a nice leather wallet like this one from Saddleback Leather Co. It’s available in a few shades and it’s a timeless piece.
- Tom Dixon Alloy Candle – Who says that men don’t love candles? I know a handful of men who do, but prefer more “tougher” smelling one. Tom Dixon Ally Candle looks tough with it’s steel, mechanical shape, but the scent is clean and sharp. I love this candle, myself.
- UGG Ascot Slippers – I want a pair of UGG slippers for Christmas, because they super soft and comfy. I’m sure any man would love to get these leather beauts under their tree.
- The Tie Bar Large Style Box – Ties might be the oldest gift to give a man, but they are still much appreciated. The Tie Bar created a few style boxes that features ties, socks, and handkerchiefs that you can mix around and style with each other. I love this blue option, but they offer other color and style options.
- HIMS Complete Hair Kit – For every man that’s out their embracing their bald heads, there’s another man out there wanting to grow is hair out of back. HIMS offers a selection of different products for men to take to promote hair growth, including the HIMS Complete Hair Kit. This beginners’ kit features vitamins and shampoos to help men thicken and grow their hair.
- Ray-Ban Gunmetal Wayfarer – These unisex gunmetal Ray-Ban sunglasses are sleek and classic. Plus, you can wear them, too! 😉
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
The final Lust-Have List for 2017 is here! As you might be able to tell from this month’s list, I’m in full cozy mode. Surprisingly, December is going to be a little hectic for me. This month, I have a couple of holiday parties to attend, catching up with some friends and family coming in town for the holidays, and the rest of my Christmas shopping.
For the moments when I don’t have anything planned, I plan to be snuggled up on one corner of my sofa, watching holiday movies while giving myself skincare treatments. I can’t wait! Therefore, you will notice that the majority of the items I’m wanting this month are mostly for laying around and I’m totally okay with that.
LUST-HAVE LIST: December 2017
- Dr. Martens Delphine Brogue Boots – I haven’t had a pair of Doc Marten boots in decades, but I notice they are coming back and with new styles. These brogue boots borrow the same style of brogue shoes with it’s masculine design. These would look so amazing paired with some straight-leg ankle trousers.
- Amped Fleece Throw Blanket – Yes, I want a new fleece throw, because my dogs confiscated the one that was previously on my sofa. However, this one looks just as soft and perfect for cocooning in during an intense Netflix binge.
- Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Face Oil – My skin has been so dry and tired looking. So, I’ve been reaching for face oils more and more for my skin. This Sunday Riley face oil contains ingredients to help your skin look and feel hydrated and supple. I’ve yet to try a Sunday Riley face oil that let me down.
- Stance Pom Pom Over The Knee socks – Although these are over the knee socks, my big, stocky legs will make these the perfect knee highs for me. I’ve been loving the look of opaque socks over black stockings and paired with black boots. These could work for me.
- UGG Scuffette II Slippers – It’s time I invest in a good pair of slippers and Ugg slippers are the creme de la creme of slippers, to me. They are just a slipper version of Uggs and feel just as soft and comfy. They are pricier than the slippers I buy at Target, but I consider these a self-care purchase. 🙂