Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
It’s Friday! This week has been hectic. So much so, I had to take a personal day on Wednesday. I used that much needed off day to get in a little self-care of getting my nails done. However, I also got some business taken care of, which included getting my taxes done. Since I don’t have kids, I really don’t get that much back from taxes. So, I’m usually just trying to lay low while everyone is out enjoying their tax refund.
Speaking of laying low, those are my plans for the weekend. For the past couple of weeks, I haven’t been as consistent with my hustles. I’ve just been so disrespectful to my planner, but that’s just my energy. I know all about the “grind” of side hustles and hobbies, but I don’t force anything. For the past couple of years, I’ve been focusing in on me – learning about me. One thing I learned about me is to not force me out my comfort zone.
Listen, I know it’s beneficial for you to step out of your comfort zone, but you don’t have to every single time. For me, I give myself the option to not do something. Don’t get it twisted, the Libra in me over analyzes the results of me not doing something, before I make the decision. In the end, if I don’t feel like doing it and don’t mind the repercussions, I won’t do it.
Let me move on. Anyway, I will be laying low this weekend and focusing on my mental state. I feel great mentally, emotionally, and even physically, but I know this bliss won’t last forever. Therefore, I want to prepare my spirit for when a shift does happen. A shift always happens. So, here’s to a great weekend of peace and maybe a couple of glasses of wine.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: February 21, 2020
- How to choose a good bottle of wine – Marketview Liquor
- Are you applying too much moisturizer? Probably. – Covetuer
- How cooking dinner can change your life – New York Times
- 10 money rules women should follow in their 30s – The EveryGirl
- 5 movies that will make you never want to have sex again – The Cut
- Different ways to say ‘I Love You’ with a cute illustration – Cup of Jo
- Which astrological signs to date and avoid based on your astrological sign – Allure