EMPTIES: December 2020
Before it gets too late into January, let me go ahead and drop my Empties post for December. As you can see from the picture, I really didn’t use up too many products. This can be attributed to be overwhelmed by work, having to find a new apartment, and a cup or holiday depression. However, I did empty the clip on a few. Keep reading to see my final word on these items.
EMPTIES: November 2020
Since my mental heath caused me to take last month off, I never got around to sharing the products I used up in November. So, before I post the December collection of empties, please keep reading for all the details and opinions about what I used up in November. Doesn’t November feel so long ago at this point?
LUST-HAVE LIST: January 2021
Happy New Year! I know nothing has really changed from 2020, but 2021 still feels like a breath of fresh air. For most of the year, I stayed pretty calm, bu cautious. However, last month almost took me out, but I’ll share more of that on another day.
I’m trying to cut back on spending, but not as a typical “New Year Resolution” thing. Instead, I have a lot of things I’m working on that will be easier to do if I stop spending money like I sell dope. So, I’m actively trying to cut back on frivolous spending. Actually, as part of my church’s yearly 21-day fast, I’m going to fast off of unnecessary spending. It’s starts next Monday, which means I have a week to buy everything I “need” for the next 21 days. It’s a challenge I’m ready to take on.
The items in the January 2021 Lust-Have List is a perfect blend of needs, wants, pricey, and affordable options. Peep my wants for January 2021.
LUST-HAVE LIST: January 2021
- Sherpa Trucker Jacket – Winter weather has been pretty hit and miss this year. There have been days when a heavy hoodie or jacket sufficed. This sherpa trucker jacket from Levi’s would be a great option. There was an option with a darker rinse, but this light rinse is just as perfect.
- Pro Shine Pigment Liquid Lip Shine – I recently discovered these longwear liquid lipsticks existed. They seem similar to a Avon’s liquid lipstick, but this one has way more color options and affordable. Unfortunately, they are sold out almost everywhere, but my local Ultas appear to have some left.
- ALT Perfumes Baccarat Inspired Perfume – Baccarat perfume smells so luxe with the price tag to prove it. However, I hear this smells exactly like it at a super affordable price. So, I need to find out.
- Our Place Always Pan – For Christmas, I asked for and received a cast iron skillet and dutch oven. I feel like this multi-purpose pan from Out Place can do everything else that I would need for those days when I decide to cook.
- Faux Snake Skin Mules – I can honest say that I spent most of last month wearing sweatpants and sneakers. Not mad about it, but I would like to remind people who still see me regularly that I can other options. These faux snake skin mules would be a nice entry back into heeled shoes.
ITEM OF THE WEEK: Defy CBD Muscle Balm
If you’ve been following me for a minute, then you should know that I love a good muscle balm. However, when they also have CBD, it’s a full on love affair. For the couple of weeks, while I’ve been MIA from this site, I’ve dedicating time to move my body more. This has involved walking, the occasional strength training, and deep stretching. You would think the latter isn’t that bad, but…whew…it can be strenuous.
Thankfully, this CBD balm by Defy has been there to help soothe my muscles and keep me going when needed. Therefore, as a payback for all it’s done for me, I think it deserves to be my Item of the Week. Keep reading to see why.
Link-End Round-Up: December 4, 2020
First Friday of the last month- can’t wait to see how this year wraps up. At this point, almost anything can happen and we would not be surprised. Personally, I’m just glad to see this week wrap up. I’m eCommerce Manager and needless to say, the beginning of this week was hectic, which I was prepared. However, I was not prepared to have to work form home on Tuesday, because the heat was out in the office. I appreciate being able to work from home, but I’m way more productive in the office.
As for the rest of the week, it was filled with crappy weather, anxiety, and feeling overwhelmed over the slightest things. So, this weekend, my sister and I plan to spend Saturday lounging on her sofa watching our favorite Christmas that we both enjoy. I think we’re going to start with ELF, followed by The Santa Clause, and wrap up with National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Actually, I put her on to the latter a few years ago – one of my proudest accomplishments.
I think this will be my final weekend to just chill and vibe out, because Christmas is going to be her fast. Not sure if I’m ready, but I’m ready to be ready. How ready are you for Christmas? Finished your shopping? If so, you’re a rockstar in my eyes. Have a great weekend and enjoy this week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: December 4, 2020