It’ s 4th of July weekend. This might be the most drastically different 4th weekend than ever before and for many reasons. Usually, a 3-day holiday weekend in the summer includes many people traveling. Hopefully, ya’ll will not be traveling anywhere and staying safe from coronavirus. Unfortunately, I know that a lot of people are still taking their chances and are going to change their scenery for the festivities. So, you might need to some travel skincare tips to help prepare you and your skin.
Before states started shutting down again, I recently took a quick trip one-day trip to celebrate a friend’s birthday. This trip was so quick that I actually spent more time driving there and back than I spent in the actual city. Although the trip was short, I still had to take some skincare products. So, I used a couple of my favorite travel skincare tips. Keep reading to see which tips I used and which products I took.
LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2020
Well, we made it to July – the beginning of the second half of 2020. Do we consider this the halfway mark of 2020 being over even though we don’t know when this is going to end? At this point, I’m just riding the wave and hope it doesn’t take me under.
I can honestly say that I haven’t been wanting much as of recent. However, there have been a few things recently that has made me want to reach for my wallet. So, here are the items I wouldn’t mind acquiring this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2020
- Libra Stud Earring – I’ve been wanting to get another piercing, because I only have the basic 2 in each ear. However, I want one in the upper or inner lobe – depends on how much of a baby I am. Still, I want another piercing so I can start wearing cute little studs, like this Libra scales stud. I love anything with my zodiac sign, which makes these a winner.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid Blemish + Blackhead Serum – I had a facial planned for tomorrow, but there was a Covid scare at the clinic last week. Everyone came back negative, but they still cancelled all the appointments for this week for safety reasons. So, I’m left back to trying to maintain my skin as best as I can until I get another appointment. I’ve loved the couple of products I’ve tried from The Inkey List and have high hopes for this serum to help with pores and blackheads.
- White Waterproof Birkenstock – Saw these on someone I follow on IG and instantly knew I wanted them. They are going to look so good with tanned legs and a french tip pedi.
- Tie Dye Nike Socks – I hopped on the tie-dye train late when everyone was tie-dying everything when Corona hit. I’ve been wanting to test the tie-dye waters with a pair of socks and these from Bar Denim are the right level of pigmentation I’ve been wanting.
- 90s Gladiator Chunky Heel Sandal – I wanted these sandals when I was junior high, but in white. So, maybe nostalgia is leading me to buy a pair, but I think I could make them work. They are available in white, too! Options.
When the world began to implode with Covid-19, I prepared to hunker down like most folks. However, my everyday life didn’t really change much, because I was still going to work. Yet, one thing that drastically changed was my eating habits and options. Not only did I stop eating at most restaurants, even if they were open, I also go vegan and vegetarian a few times. Actually, I go vegan a couple of times a year as a quick digestive detox. So, I know of some really good meatless food finds.
If you interested in discovering some meatless options, keep reading.
ITEM OF THE WEEK: Ouai Hair Oil
Currently, I’m going through one of my hair care products spells. So, I’ve been buying a trying different products to address the needs of my hair. Although this spell only lasts for a couple of weeks, I’ve bought quite a few products these past weeks. I’m still testing them out trying to separate the winners from the losers. So far, they are all showing potential. However, there is one that has been in the lead and that’s Ouai’s Hair Oil. Keep reading to see why this one is already in the winner’s circle.
EMPTIES: May 2020
Guess who is somewhat back on schedule and back with the empties for last month? Me! I didn’t really use up many products, because I was buying a quite a bit. However, that’s not why I’m here today. Keep reading to see what products I used up last month.