Stained Couture’s HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018 featuring GIFTS FOR A PRODUCTIVE NEW YEAR for anyone on your list.
We all know someone or are that someone who uses the beginning of a new to “improve” on themselves. I found some gift options for those who want to be healthier and wealthier in the new year.
Stained Couture’s HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018 featuring 3 EASY GIFTS FOR ANYONE on your list.
Every year, I find myself having to find a last minute gift for one reason or the other. I either forget someone or someone was thoughtful enough to think of me, which means I have to return the thought. After a couple years of finding myself in this predicament, I started buying and collection different gifts that anyone on your list would love.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Wait…this is the first Link-End Round-Up of December?! Am I the only one who feels like it has been December for a couple of weeks now? It’s probably due to the fact that we had another week after Thanksgiving before December. You know once Thanksgiving ends, it’s all about Christmas. So, maybe that’s why it feels like it’s the middle of December instead of the first week of December.
Earlier this week, I started cashing out some of the remainder of my vacation/personal days. I had 9.5 days left, which was mind-blowing, at time. Unfortunately, I had to get real strategic with scheduling my days off, because my manager will be taking 2 weeks off when her wife has their baby. Also, my other co-worker had already put in to be out at Christmas and not return until the new year. However, I was able to figure out to use 7 of the days off, but I still have 2.5 to use, which I will break in case of emergency.
I did half a day on Wednesday and Thursday, but took all of today off. Since I’m still searching for a new apartment, that’s what I did yesterday and plan to do some more looking today. It forgot how difficult it is to look for an apartment that meets all your wants, needs, and budget. However, I’m feeling optimistic…for now.
Anyway, here’s to an amazing and abundant weekend of rest and relaxation.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: December 7, 2018
For the past few years, planners have been having a moment. It doesn’t look like their moment is ending anytime soon. I’m one of the reasons why, because I can imagine being as productive as I am at work without one. Although I love planners, it wasn’t until this year when I started paying attention to what I want and need in a planner. Since there are numerous ways to plan out and journal your day, there are many types of planners.
Recently, I was able customize my own planner from PurpleTrail and it was very interesting. Keep reading to see just how personal I got with my planner and how you can customize your planner for the new year.
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
Here we go! The final Lust-Have list of 2018!
Some people tend to feel a little pressured at the beginning of December. Usually, because there’s a mad dash feeling of having to deal with final touched of holiday stuff, meeting goals, and getting prepared for a new year. I’m usually that person, but not this year. Although I’ve barely touched my shopping list and still haven’t found a new place to move, I feel very calm. I guess because I know that I will finish my Christmas shopping on time and find the right place for me at the right time. There’s no need to stress. At some point, you have realize that everything works itself out in the end. You just have to keep doing what you’re doing for the good of the fight.
Well, that was quick Word that I wasn’t planning on sharing, but I guess someone needed to hear that at this moment.
Back to what I want this month. I’ve been walking this tightrope of wanting to step my game up and getting out of my comfort level. However, I also love being cozy and comfortable. So, the things I want this month are a mixture of both. Keep reading to see the things I want to keep straddling the fence.
LUST-HAVE LIST: December 2018
- Face Halo Makeup Remover Pads – I occasionally get suckered into wanting something I saw on Instagram. The latest thing that sucker punched me while scrolling are these Face Halo makeup remover wipes. I recently stopped using face wipes, but I miss the ease of using wipes and being done. For these, all you have to do is add water to the pad and use it to wipe the makeup off your face. I’ve watched a few videos of these bad boys in action and they seem to do a better job than most wipes. You still need to double cleanse your face, though.
- Glitter Poppy Moc Slippers – Moccasin slippers are my favorite form of slippers, because they don’t look too much like slippers when you run to the corner store to pick up a candy bar when “Aunt Flo” is in town. Why glitter? Why not glitter?! Plus, they look cozy AF!
- Fluffy Red Cardigan – Speaking of looking cozy, doesn’t this fluffy cardigan look like a soft blanket with sleeves? Well, maybe not considering that’s what a Snuggie is, but this cardigan is a lot cuter.
- Black Wide Fit Knee High Boots – It can be hard to find cute over-the-knee boots when you have legs like a oak tree. However, the back of these boots are all elastic. I think this are a winner!
- Joyful: The Surprising Power of Ordinary Things to Create Extraordinary Happiness – I’m a legit happy person for the most part. Being happy is one of my favorite characteristics and you can never have too much happiness. I’ve read some great reviews about this book and it sounds like a book I would write. So, I need to read this. Right?!