LUST-HAVE LIST: May 2023
Happy May, y’all! I know we are just in the middle of spring, but I’m getting antsy for summer. Maybe it’s because work has hectic and I’m starting to crave more human interactions. However, I’ve already starting to trying to plan my next solo vacation. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if I want to do another road trip of fly somewhere new. Again, it’s still early, but it’s definitely going to happen.
Since I’m starting to entering my “I wish it was summer” phase, the things I’m wanting this month are kinds prepping me for said season. I’m aiming for happy vibes and my big legs in shorts and skirts all summer. Being super self-conscious and insecurities about our bodies don’t exist in the summer. Remember that.
Here are the things I’m wanting in this month’s Lust-Have List.
LUST-HAVE LIST: May 2023
- Mini Black Top Handle Purse – This may look like a mini purse, but it’s actually a crossbody and it looks roomier than most mini bags. I’m loving the details.
- ‘Single on Purpose’ book – I saw this book in Target and the title intrigued me, but the reviews made me want to read it.
- Tan Wide Leg Linen pants – I’ve been wanting a new pair of casual linen pants and I love the wide leg on these.
- 2 piece tennis set – Am I planning to play tennis anytime soon? No, but I feel like this tennis set will fit into my desired tenniscore vibes for summer.
- Sephora Best Skin Ever foundation – Recently, I started to get improving my makeup application. I think I figured out the best application for me and I would love to test it out with this sephora foundation. The reviews of giving the look of perfect skin has sold me on trying this foundation soon.
Three day weekends are the best! I hope you’ve had an amazing and relaxing Labor Day weekend. I’ve had a pretty chill weekend lounging on my sofa partaking in a Happy Endings (I still hate that ABC cancelled this show) marathon and grubbing on delicious and unhealthy food. However, I as still able to do a little retail beauty therapy and buy a couple longtime favs and potential new acquaintances.
My skin has been doing great as of recently; smoother skin and less breakouts thanks to my new not-new skincare regimen. However, that is for a later post. Despite the clearer skin, I have been having to deal with some blackheads. Therefore, I picked up a box Biore’ cleansing pore strips, because they have provided great results in the past. So…here’s to hoping that they still work.
First thing first, Fantasia Frizz Buster will definitely go in my time capsule…if I ever need to make one. Eh. Back to this awesome serum that not only tames my thick, curly hair’s frizz, but also acts a great heat protectant. I love this stuff!
I finally found a great daytime moisturizer a couple of weekend purchases ago, buy I’ve been needing an equally great nightime moisturizer. I saw this Night Renewal Cream by Palmer’s. Palmer’s is most notably know for their classic cocoa butter, which I’ve used as a night time moisture in the past to help with fading acne scars while moisturizing. This cream features cocoa butter, plus other awesome ingredients to help restore and rejuvenate your skin over night including retinol, vitamin E, and peptides.
Last, but not least, Labor Day is kinda the unofficial beginning of fall and I’ve been slowly collecting and dusting off things for my fall wardrobe, including makeup. For some reason, I’m really into red and deep berry lip products. I have a few, but I would like to find more, especially a velvety matte one. So, I picked up this lip crayon by NYX called South Ferry Berry. I can’t wait to break this out this week.
I’m lowkey geeked about my recent beauty buys!
This month actually dragged for me and I don’t know why considering its the shortest month of the year. Eh. However, this month, I really became borderline obsessed with beauty and skin care products. Here are few beauty-related items that I was really obsessed with this month.
- Lancome ‘Blush In Love – Peche Joue-Joue’ blush, $49 – Spring is almost here and the need for a new perfectly peach blush has arrived, too. This blush from Lancome’ is designed to compliment all skintones with just the right amount of light peach and deep coral. It’s beautiful in person.
- Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream, $15 – My cuticles have really been hating me recently. They are dry and crack, no matter how much or many moisturizing I introduce to them, with the exception of this hand cream by Caudalie. Not only does it nourish your hands and nails, but it also acts as an anti-aging cream for your hands. Did you know that your hands can be a tell-tale sign of your age? Well, it is, so think about that!
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation, $36 – I’m on the hunt for a new foundation. Well, I’ve actually been on this hunt for the past few months, but I’ve been coming up empty handed with bottles and tubes of foundations that don’t give me the coverage I desire and/or agree with my crazy combo skin. Hopefully, this new powder foundation by MUFE will be the one. I just ordered this and can’t to try it! You can apply it wet or dry and it has buildable coverage, which always comes in handy for me and my bi-polar, semi-acne probe skin.
- Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat, $30 – When it comes to my nails in the spring and summer, I usually rock bright pinks and the occasional neon shades or orange or yellow. However, there are times when I just want to sport a clean and natural nail, but that can be hard when all those fun colors I mentioned before leaves behind yellow tinted nails. This pink gel coat seems like something I need to add to my nail polishes and treatments collection. The gel creates a sheer pink coating that not only strengthens and hardens your natural nails, but also gives your nails a barrier while bringing out the natural shades of pink and white in your own nails. I need to get this!
- Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Foundation, $27 – Did I mention that I’m looking for a new foundation? Well, I’ve used this foundation in the past and from what I remember, it was pretty great. It helps prevent acne while giving you a soft and natural look and glow. I might need to pick this up again.
- Pond’s Rejuveness Anti-wrinkle Cream, $11.99 – This is another product that I’ve used. Actually, I’m using it now and it’s been amazing to me and my skin. I bought the small travel size for $1 at Walmart and I use it day and night and still have plenty left. It gives my skin just the right amount of moisture with leaving a greasy film or interferes with my make-up application. This is probably the best drugstore anti-aging moisturizer I’ve ever tried and I will definitely be buying the regular size as soon as I run out of the the travel size.