Halloween is pretty much the doormat to the holiday season. Now, we are entering into November for Thanksgiving and then Christmas will be right around the corner, because December tends to run up to you real quick with a sucker punch.
This month, I’m starting to gravitate more black fashion pieces rather than brown and you will be able to see it in this month’s LHL. Plus, now that the sweaty summer is over, I’m starting to take some extra time in the morning to do my makeup instead of just some undereye concealer, mascara, and powder. So, I’m starting to visit makeup counters more frequently and test drive new products. Also, I need some new make-up brushes, because mine are starting to shed. Ugh.
Not to mention, but I’ve been feeling a little nostalgia toward my junior high days of being obsessed with Memphis rap and bucket bag purses.
So, here are the things I’m lusting for this month!
- Eightball and MJG T-Shirt, $13.99, Blahblahtshirts.com
- Rachel Zoe Kye Drawstring Bag, $315.99, Piperlime.com
- Origins Smarty™ Plants CC SPF 20 Complexion Corrector, $35, Sephora
- Vince Sonia High Heel Booties, $475, ShopBop.com
- Make An Entrance Clutch, $59, Sephora
Okay. Yeah, I’m late, but I’ve had a lot going on and playing some catch-up on some “grown-up” stuff. Anyway, better late than never! Here is the list of things I’m lusting for this month. I guess you can say I’m all about accessories this month. Accentuate, ladies, accentuate.
- Carry All Tote, $51.98, ShoeMint.com – I love the color and fabric contrast of this bag. Just the splash of neon yellow is chic and can easily be a transitional piece into fall for those of us who enjoy sprinkles of neon all year and not just in the spring and summer.
- Robert Clergerie Wappy patent-leather lace-up oxfords, $472, Matches – Shiny blue patent-leather lace-up oxfords? Why I don’t mind if I do. However, that price tag is making me twitch. They are just so picture perfect, though. *le sigh*
- Queen of the Jungle necklace, $72, Melody Ehsani – Seriously, I’ve been lusting and dreaming of this necklace for a couple of months now and as soon as I get all this “grown up” stuff situated, this will be hanging around my neck everyday for probably the rest of the year…at least!
- DIY Nail Art Pens, $12.50, Fred Flare – Pure and simple genius. Less bottles and hassles when trying do some snazzy nail art in your free time. Just a grab a couple pens and get to work. Plus, you get both pens for $12.50. Deal!!
- Out For Blood bracelet, $31, Fancy – Very morgue and slightly creepy, but very creative and life-life, if that’s a good thing. I like it. I want it.
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Perro Bootie, $350, Piperlime – So…I think this might be the perfect bootie. Clean and classic style and detail. The zipper is chic and edgy at the same time, which can be hard to do. The heel is high, but the hidden platform makes it a lot easier to walk in. Yep, this is utter perfection and a need for me right now.
There you have it. Late, but pretty lovely…in my opinion.
If you’ve watched or seen a just a glimpse of uber celeb stylist Rachel Zoe, then you already know that her style can be very 70s bohemian. So, I’m not shocked that the style of jean she picked for her collabo with 7 for all mankind to be a bellbottom.
They are $169 and exclusive to Piperlime.com
Last week, I told you all about how Piperlime asked 4 fashionable celebs to pick out their holidays wants and items to give. Last week, Brooke Shield selected plenty of jackets and boots.
Well, this week Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreations and The Office) selected her gift items. Personally, I love Rashida’s style of mixing feminine details with masculine undertones, but in cali girl way!
Rashida picks of chunky bold jewelry and sequined tops and accessories actually surprised me, but I loved them! I really love this Tuleste Market layered ball and chain necklace. Love. it.
Go to Piperlime.com to check out Rashida’s full list and view the list of the celebs.
This holiday shopping season, Piperlime has asked four stylish celebs to share what they were wishing for and giving this holiday season. Last week, trendsetter actress Rachel Bilson released her list that mostly featured fabulous boots and outerwear with sprinkles of one shoulder dresses and Marc Jacob accessories.
This week, Piperlime released Brooke Shield list that just screams “stylish mom on the go looking for equally stylish gifts for her offsprings!” Brooke picked tailored jackets and boots for herself and plans to be giving boots, boots, and more boots to everyone on her list. I wish I was on her list!
Visit Piperlime.com to get a more detailed look at Rachel’s and Brooke’s list. Also, look out for Rashida Jones’ and Kristen Bell’s list in the coming weeks.