eSTYLIST: Spring Uniform 2023
It’s finally my second favorite season; Spring! My favorite part of spring is the weather that starts off cool, bur5 eventually warms up to pleasant sunny day. Unfortunately, that pesky groundhog may have been right, because Winter weather is still lingering. However, I peeped the forecast, and the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny – just how I like it.
Although I’ve been wanting to start shopping for spring, it’s been hard to get in the spirit with cold and cloudy weather. Thankfully, the hope that that’s about to change has motivated me to start filling my online shopping carts. However, I want to start with getting pieces for my go-to look for spring – my seasonal spring uniform.
When I think of a seasonal uniform, I think more about the silhouette with pieces that you can interchange. Using the same shape but with different colors and textures give you more style options. This spring, I want to be all about the easy, casual and chic of jeans, oversized button up blouse with textured accessories.
On that note, here is the what I want my spring uniform to be for 2023.
eSTYLIST: Spring Uniform 2023
- Distressed Bell Bottoms – I’ve been wanting a pair of bell bottoms for a while and I’m loving the distress of this pair.
- Button-down Striped Poplin Shirt – You can ever go wrong with too many loose button ups, because can dress them up or down. Plus, so many colors and design, but I always fancy vertical stripe ones.
- Large Woven Satchel – I’m obsessed with this bag and it was so close to being on my next LHL post, but it’s my dream spring bag, at the moment.
- Mixed Media Bracelet Stack -Recently, I’ve started to want to bring bracelet stacks back into my daily wear. I love that this bracelet gives the look of stacks, but it’s only one piece.
I can’t believe that I haven’t done an eStylist post in so long. Of course, like most people since the pandemic started, my concept of time is on the fritz. However, let me see if the old mind can come up with a new styling idea.
American holidays have started to pique my interest the older I get. The main reason is because they are socially acceptable days that you can eat like a hungry hog and no one bats an eye. Thanksgiving is the top holiday when not only is this acceptable, but encouraged. I will admit that I enjoy Thanksgiving more as an adult than a child. Not just because I can cook and eat what I want, but I can leave early, too. The power of having a license and a car is top tier.
My brother and SIL were initially going to host a small dinner for our side of the family. However, at the last minute they decided that we all should meet at her aunt’s house for the big family dinner. Unfortunately, my sister’s fiance’ had serious medical condition late last week that has caused him to be in the hospital for the past few days. So, my sister and I ae going to cook at her house, which I’m glad about. The less people, the better in my book.
Although I’m probably going to just wear a pair of my many black leggings and oversize tee, here’s a little inspiration for ya’ll. You know, in case you are trying to make an impression by the dessert table this year.
eSTYLIST: Thanksgiving 2022
Have a Happy Thanksgiving 2022!
eSTYLIST: Hey Fall 2021
It’s the first day of Fall, ya’ll! Surprisingly, the weather today has been fall-sy ; sunny and cool. I love it so much. As you can see, I love it so much, that I decided to do an eStylist post, which I feel like I haven’t done in forever.
Unfortunately, leggings and oversized shirts still have an intense hold on me and my wardrobe. Now that the weather is cooling off, it my inspire me to reach back in my closet. There should be some cute fall pieces from yesteryears dying to be worn again. Unfortunately, it may be time for me to finally buy a new pair of combat boots, because the ones I’ve been wearing for the past few years are giving out.
Actually, I was inspired by these slouchy, tall brown boots that are so affordable that everyone should own. Well, maybe not all of us, because I need to find out if they are big calves approved. Anyway, keep reading to get the details on this casual, but chic fall look.
eSTYLIST: Hey Fall 2021
- Faux Suede Knee Scrunch Boots, $52, Walmart – Can you believe that these boots are from Walmart?! They look so good and perfect for any fall look.
- Denim Shirt Jacket, $34, H&M – Oversized denim shirts are a must-have in every closet, because you can wear them as a shirt or jacket. You can’t go wrong wearing it either way with this look.
- Mini A-Line Button-front cord skirt, $17, Target – These mini a-line cord skirts are everywhere this season – even Wally World have a some. However, you can find this one at Target and for under $20.
- Medium Brown Patent Crossbody, $45, Aldo Shoes – A mini patent purse with gold hardware and in the perfect shade of cognac will take you far all season.
eSTYLIST: Fall 2020 Look
Fall is finally here and I’m over the moon about it! I had a real bad case of the “Mondays” on Monday and felt irritable for most of day. However, I feel so much better yesterday and didn’t realize why, but I like to think it’s because my favorite season is here.
Fall encompasses everything I live for in a season; cool weather, cozy looks, and the beginning of the holiday seasons. Not to mention, my birthday falls in Fall, too. Here in Memphis, the fall weather ran up on us to quick that I didn’t have the chance to finalize my Fall 2020 vibes. Still, I’m ready for sweaters, textures, chunky boots, and fitted trousers. That’s the aesthetic that I’m learning toward this fall.
So, check out my vision in my Fall 2020 eSTYLIST look:
eSTYLIST: Fall 2020 Look
- Burgundy Crew Neck Cardigan – One of my favorite colors for fall and winter is burgundy. However, I don’t have a burgundy cardigan, which is one of the fall things I don’t own. Time to change that this year.
- Plus Size Fitted Plaid Ankle Pants – This year, I’m all about straight leg and skinny printed trousers. These from Forever 21 are perfect.
- Snake-embossed Combat Boots – How insanely good are these combats?! Personally, I don’t think i have enough cute combat boots and these snake-embossed ones are definitely good.
- Animal Print Leather Crossbody – A brown faux animal print leather purse is the only person you need to add to your fall wardrobe. I stand 10 toes down to that statement.
What’s your favorite fashion statement for fall? Share below!
Since my love life is lowkey complicated, I’m not doing much for Valentine’s Day. I have some plans to meet a couple of friends for apps and drinks after work tomorrow as mini Galentine’s Day 2020. Actually, I want to do something different, too. So, I’m going to throw some other options for us to do after drinks. I lowkey want to go to Dave & Busters, because I’m pretty sure that’s going to be one of the least romantic spots in the world. So, it sounds perfect. Wish me luck.
You can switch the belt bag for a clutch or the belt bag for a clutch. No matter what, you can make this look work for whatever plans you have. I decided to not add jewelry, because the look is already “busy”. However, you can complete the look with a simple pair or hoops of statement jewelry. Wear whatever you love, because – in the end – it is the day of love.
Keep reading to get all the details on this sporty look for a fun and casual Galentine’s Day Night Out. Also, feel free to share what plans you have for Valentine’s Day this year.
eSTYLIST: Galentine’s Day 2020
- Adidas 90s logo sweater – Legit fell in love with this sweater, which influenced this post to be more sporty than girly.
- Faux Leather Leggings – I feel like a pair of leather or faux leather leggings are needed in every wardrobe. Plus, you can dress them up casual and chic, if needed.
- Herschel Supply Red Belt Bag – If you’re going to be sporty, a belt bag is a must. This one from Herschel Supply is awesome.
- Valentine’s Day Ultraboost 20 – I’m one of those people that don’t like to mix and match logos. So, I’m so glad that adidas has a V-Day shoe and it matches the sweater. Win, win.