Link-End Round-Up is Stained Couture’s weekly series that features interesting things I read around the web this week.
This weekend is Mother’s Day and for the first time since my mom passed away, I’m not dreading it. Listen, when you loose a parent, it sucks around holidays. It especially sucks around Mother’s Day and/or Father’s Day, depending on the parent that’s gone. However, each year and special occasion gets easier. I hope that quick word helps someone.
For the past few weeks, I’ve been sponging up so much information. The topic that I’ve been researching is money, but mostly how to get more and keep most of what I get. Thankfully, I’m not in financial dire straits, but I do have goals that requires me to spend wisely. I feel like I need to brush up on my budgeting skills. I’m a borderline pro at budgeting my necessities, but I need to work on the other stuff like personal and self care. I’ve been playing around with my Mint app, which is super helpful. However, I’ve been going over my coffee shop budget. Those morning iced soy vanilla lattes are adding up. Since I get paid tomorrow, I’m going to calculate some things and try to master my budget. Wish me luck!
I hope you all have a lovely Mother’s Day weekend and if you are a mother, Happy Mother’s Day!!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: May 11, 2017
- A seasoned VC explains how to raise money.
- This digital archive of slave voyages is interesting and perplexing.
- Exercise boosts brain health, too!
- Story about the woman who started Mother’s Day who then turned on it.
- A complete guide to negotiating your salary based on field.
- Planning to make this baked french toast recipe this weekend.
- Things that make budgeting hard and how to handle them.